EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 07-12-2012, 09:49 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Changing Performance Quality Settings on fly

This may be in the forums somewhere, please direct me to correct location if I have overlooked it.

Once again, sorry to be requesting a profit feature. This one I found very handy especially when you are getting home from work, feeding kids, sorting mail, dodging phone calls and getting ready to raid.

Profit has a Rubix Cube Control Center. One of the cubes allows you to instantly set raid, group, solo, etc in game performance settings... spell effects, graphics settings etc. They come with a default that can be edited in correct file.

Does Drum's contain anything like this. Can this concept be adopted to Drum's?

If it can I will do the work, just give me the go ahead and I will figure it out. Self taught programmer here so I like to know something is possible before I spend months attempting the impossible... wasted Xanax.

Thanks again.
Unread 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Any UI can contain such a thing. Fetish had a similar feature on the start button. I don't know if DrumsUI has such a feature or not, but if not there should be nothing that would prevent adding graphic setting preset buttons.

If you want to make one yourself, I'd suggest looking at the code for UIs that have it; basically all you'd need is a window with a few buttons that set the desired settings. You could make either a standalone window for it or just add them onto some dead space in another window.
Unread 07-12-2012, 02:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just to chime in -- a lot of players don't realize that custom quality settings are very close to the surface in the default UI. At the bottom of the Options (Alt+O) window are Load and Save buttons that do exactly the same thing as the custom UI mods do. For example, set your desired performance settings for raids, then "Save" the configuration for later. Do the same for normal, screenshots, whatever your needs are. There was a thread about this a while back:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16376

Unread 07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Just to chime in -- a lot of players don't realize that custom quality settings are very close to the surface in the default UI. At the bottom of the Options (Alt+O) window are Load and Save buttons that do exactly the same thing as the custom UI mods do. For example, set your desired performance settings for raids, then "Save" the configuration for later. Do the same for normal, screenshots, whatever your needs are. There was a thread about this a while back:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16376

What he said^ I've had this asked before, and it's the same answer: This can already be done by the player and more customized in that they can choose their settings. So I probably won't be adding anything like this in.

I have a few quick access settings in the Main Menu, and am always willing to add more commonly used ones if they fit.
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:46 AM
A Grove Wisp

Thank you all very much for the responses. Two plus more minds are always better than one.

I am now defining my age by how my brain reacts forum post replies... When the brain goes to itself...
"u flippin moron... u knew that... dig it out... cobwebs move away damn you... "

Ginkgo Biloba is needed...

thank you for the link!