EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-09-2009, 04:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Default Which parameter for locked/unlocked status?

I want to add some code to unlock a window. Does anybody know which parameter in the xml I need to change for this? It is not .locked unfortunately.
Unread 01-09-2009, 07:36 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

are you referring to the UserMoveable flag? I don't know of any other method at the xml level to control the WindowSettings for Locked
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:51 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No I mean if you right click the window or go to window settings to toggle the "Locked" checkbox/status. Unfortunately that is not the UserMovable parameter either, that gets not changed if you toggle the locked status.

Like if you toggle the Clickthrough checkbox the window parameter "Clickthrough" gets changed (true or false). Unfortunately for the Locked checkbox the parameter is not so recognizably named.
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

I've always figured it was UserMovable being it does the same thing. Does setting UserMovable to true via script after setting the window to locked in game allow you to move it, or maybe toggling false/true. Maybe it is just hardcoded and doesn't change the property value.

edit:
Come to think about it, does UserMovable stop the user from sizing? You would think so but seting UserMovable true doesn't set UserSizable or what ever its name is to true. Why do you ask such questions when I clearly left my flash drive with all my UI stuff on it at home and now I am stuck at working pondering such things..

Last edited by Landiin : 01-09-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Unread 01-09-2009, 11:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hehe, sorry Landiin. It's none of the UserXXX parameters unfortunately. And before someone gets the idea: It's not VisualEditLock either (that's the parameter UIbuilder writes to the files if you lock them in UIbuilder).
Unread 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Found it:
window_property lock <module> <name> //lock specified window
window_property unlock <module> <name> //unlock specified window
I did some poking into the everquest2.exe to find that. I think I'll be posting an updated "/" command list based on that later.
Unread 05-28-2009, 03:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

samejima, did you find a way to save custom variables by locking elements in a window? I noticed this in your UI description, and am very interested in being able to save custom variables via the UI.
Unread 05-28-2009, 04:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
samejima, did you find a way to save custom variables by locking elements in a window? I noticed this in your UI description, and am very interested in being able to save custom variables via the UI.
Not fully custom variables, but as we had discussed here you can toggle window lock to trigger saving of the window, i.e. those variables which would be saved anyway. But those are good enough to save whatever data you want.
Unread 05-28-2009, 05:55 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Interesting. So you can save the state of like... size, visiblity, and normal values that would get saved for default windows... but on custom windows in this case?

Seems useful, but I don't know. I'm wanting to do a lot of customizations for windows, but I'd really rather them actually be custom edited and saved from with-in game. Like something simple for example: a stat bar with hiding/showing fields. I think what I'm looking for isn't possible yet, but I'm not sure.
Unread 05-28-2009, 06:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well that would be possible. The only thing not possible is saving arbitrary text (although that can be done via custom POIs ).
Unread 05-28-2009, 02:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

It is very possible. Gm9 helped me a bit to get stuff going recently, the results were a in game settings window that saves (per character).
Unread 05-29-2009, 12:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Sweet. Sounds like some experimenting is at hand very sooon for me. Thanks guys.
Unread 12-02-2009, 09:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

So as Samejima did in his options window for his UI, I also used the method of creating new windows and locking/unlocking them at different sizes to populate checkbox states for some options in my window.

My question is do these extra windows cause any potential performance hits? I wanted to try it on my statbar so that every single stat could be hidden/shown and it would save between sessions. But this would end up being like ~30+ new windows. Now they're off the screen, only 1-2 pixels, and I guess they could potentially be set to Visible=false (cause I think the window size will still save).

What do you guys think??
Btw, my player window uses 14 checkboxes for Cure settings, and I haven't noticed anything strange yet.

Thanks!

*edit*

Also, I came across this post by Kosmos dated from 2005! He gave the suggestion of doing exactly what we're doing now to save checkbox states.... I think that's pretty hilarious.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1762

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 12-02-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:59 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

I ended up using lock/unlock as well. One question though, currently I'm trying to use as few includes as possible. I was wondering besides height/width, what are some other values that save that I could use???? Obviously the more windows included (and loaded), the lower the performance. But it wont really make TOO much of a difference if the windows only consist of a page.

I used samejima's windows as a reference (as did Drums I think).

Last edited by dragowulf : 12-07-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Unread 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Well, I used 50 new windows for my Statbar. One bar uses width, and the second bar uses Height, so...

I noticed no performance hit. The windows are unstyled, off screen, and very small.

Location is used, but I find that a bad one to use, unless you set the location upon showing, cause your resolution and windowed mode can mess with that.

Other than that, I'm not sure what properties from the main page of a window save. At least not that you could use...