Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-20-2007, 04:28 AM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest
Default New Persona Window + UIBuilder News

I've recently revamped the Persona window to include many more combat-related stats. The new window is live on beta if you'd like to check it out.

Also, I didn't realize until a few days ago when attempting to run UIBuilder from home, that the version shipped with the EQ2 Client is a few versions out of date. We've made some modifications that I feel make UIBuilder much more user-friendly.

Here are some highlights from what I can remember.

- Selecting elements in the UI window is much more reliable, and actually picks the element you'd expect it to pick.
- Hitting escape deselects everything in the ui window
- Selecting/deselecting multiple elements now works like selecting multiple files in Windows Explorer. Holding Control and clicking an element toggles its selection on and off. You no longer have to use shift to add elements and control to remove elements.
- You can select multiple elements at a time by holding control and clicking their names in the treeview.
- The handles in the selection rectangles are easier to see, and you can now tell the last selected element from the rest of the selected elements. This is helpful for the alignment buttons, as everything will align with the last selected element.
- Asset tags that appear in front of text are no longer displayed in the ui window which tends to make things much easier to read.
- We've added "Abut" buttons at the top of the UI Builder window. This allows you to select multiple controls and adjoin them top-to-bottom or edge-to-edge.

There may be more I'm missing here...

I apologize for not noticing this sooner, but I will get the new version of UIBuilder pushed out asap. I'm also planning on making a few more updates to it as soon as I get the time.

If any of you have some ideas for making UIBuilder better, please let me know. Feedback is always welcome.