EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 03-03-2009, 01:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Valor
Default No fog of war

Hello folks,
due to a couple of private things i had no time to play EQ2 for three month. Now i wanted to play again. I updated all the EQ2 files threw the SOE installer and installed fetish nightfall from the scratch. All is working fine, but on the normal map and on the minimap i have no fog of war. Every zone and every map is clean to see with no black regions. There is also no button at the map to switch the fog of war on/of. I think it might be a SOE problem but i am not quiet sure if i did a mistake by myself.
Performed a couple of forums and google searches with no result.
If anyone has a hint please help me.
With regards.
Unread 03-03-2009, 01:47 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Think the fog is a transparent orange. Try walking around a bit. The new map doesn't rock that black-ness anymore (it was more annoying then anything)
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Also city zones have no fog. And there is no fog toggle button anymore.
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Valor

I think i solved the problem for me by a quick and dirty way for the time beeing. I unchecked the box in the SOE options of the Sony UI which means use new map system. Now i`ve got my old maps back. Even with the checkbox to switch the fog of war on/of. All is working fine again. The only thing is that these old fashioned maps will loose support in the future. Especially the POI finder item. But for the time beeing its working for me until the new map system is more comfortable for me.
Unread 03-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf12 View Post
I think i solved the problem for me by a quick and dirty way for the time beeing. I unchecked the box in the SOE options of the Sony UI which means use new map system. Now i`ve got my old maps back. Even with the checkbox to switch the fog of war on/of. All is working fine again. The only thing is that these old fashioned maps will loose support in the future. Especially the POI finder item. But for the time beeing its working for me until the new map system is more comfortable for me.
They've already lost support really; EQ2MAP no longer supports or updates POIs for the old map system.

If you don't like the tan 'fog of war,' you can change it to black I think, you'd just have to manually edit some things to use a black image instead of what they have now. POIs in the new system will be more sortable and such soon, so my advice is to sort of eat the bullet and use the new map system to get comfortable with it. I didn't like it at the start either, but I think on the whole it's better and only getting even better.