EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-06-2007, 07:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Custom Font

Is it possible to have custom fonts? I'd like some music notes in my troubs text. I want to replace the "#" and "&" or some other symbols that I never use with a few off centered music notes? A skull would be neat too!

D. Cross

Wow... I just noticed all of the font questions.... well, whatever. Does anyone have this font?

Last edited by DamianCross : 11-06-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Unread 11-07-2007, 03:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It is possible to use custom fonts (see ProfitUI, for example), but I doubt that anybody has already made the font you are looking for.
Unread 11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, then I guess I need to post a request for a custom font =p I like and have gotten very used to the standard EQ2 font and would like to get a modified version of that. I think I'm gonna try Profit UI though. Looks interesting.

D.Cross
Unread 11-07-2007, 09:59 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

I'm just wondering what would you use the notes and special font for? Decorating your UI?

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Beta 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
I'm just wondering what would you use the notes and special font for? Decorating your UI?
Sounds to me like he wants to use them for chat text
Unread 11-07-2007, 11:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The font in your chat window is based on your client. If you use a custom font, it would only show on your screen. There are a lot of alternate characters that are found in the default font, but I dunno if they would show up in-game. Try looking up special characters and copy/paste them into game.
I know people used to do similar stuff to this for (what they thought were) nifty hotkeys in EQ1
Unread 11-08-2007, 04:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well you've got these here in the Unicode Arial font already which most people should be using for chat: ♪ (Alt+9834) and ♫ (Alt+9835). But I don't know if those are the "off centered music notes" he is looking for and also there is no Skull in Arial.
Unread 11-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Well you've got these here in the Unicode Arial font already which most people should be using for chat: ♪ (Alt+9834) and ♫ (Alt+9835). But I don't know if those are the "off centered music notes" he is looking for and also there is no Skull in Arial.
Nope they do not work. I used them in EQ for my bards macos, so ported them over to EQ2 and they just show up as square characters. OK, things have changed allot since I've tired them, might be worth trying again but they use to be a no go..
Unread 11-08-2007, 10:18 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh right, I forgot, by default it does not use Arial, which is the reason for this download.

And you cannot script anything non-ASCII anyway.
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:06 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Mistmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
♩(U+2669)
♪(U+266A)
♫(U+266B)
♬(U+266C)
♭(U+266D)
♮(U+266E)
♯(U+266F)

skull is here
☠(U+2620)

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianCross View Post
Is it possible to have custom fonts? I'd like some music notes in my troubs text. I want to replace the "#" and "&" or some other symbols that I never use with a few off centered music notes? A skull would be neat too!

D. Cross

Wow... I just noticed all of the font questions.... well, whatever. Does anyone have this font?
tell me what you exactly need and maybe I can make you a custom font (base on Arial)
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:24 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Wow, never saw that one. Have to make it big to recognize it though: . Well I guess that's solved then.
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

If those music notes will work in EQ2, than I'm a happy bard =D Yes I wanted to use them in chat. But it'll just look dumb if no one but me can see them. Will the Unicode Arial notes show up on other ppl's clients?

D.Cross
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
If those music notes will work in EQ2, than I'm a happy bard =D Yes I wanted to use them in chat. But it'll just look dumb if no one but me can see them. Will the Unicode Arial notes show up on other ppl's clients?

D.Cross
Only if they're using Arial. And if they're not, it'll show up either as a box (similar to []) or as some other symbol.
Unread 11-17-2007, 02:42 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Mistmoore
Quote:

D.Cross
here it is!

click me

here's the screenshot

please remember that ONLY you (and my Jade Project's will start supporting these symbols in next release ) can see these symbols.