EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Request (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Custom Font (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9573)

DamianCross 11-06-2007 07:13 PM

Custom Font

Is it possible to have custom fonts? I'd like some music notes in my troubs text. I want to replace the "#" and "&" or some other symbols that I never use with a few off centered music notes? A skull would be neat too! :D

D. Cross

Wow... I just noticed all of the font questions.... well, whatever. Does anyone have this font?

gm9 11-07-2007 03:03 AM

It is possible to use custom fonts (see ProfitUI, for example), but I doubt that anybody has already made the font you are looking for.

DamianCross 11-07-2007 06:39 PM

Well, then I guess I need to post a request for a custom font =p I like and have gotten very used to the standard EQ2 font and would like to get a modified version of that. I think I'm gonna try Profit UI though. Looks interesting.

D.Cross

Othesus 11-07-2007 09:59 PM

I'm just wondering what would you use the notes and special font for? Decorating your UI?

teddyboy420 11-07-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othesus (Post 65313)
I'm just wondering what would you use the notes and special font for? Decorating your UI?

Sounds to me like he wants to use them for chat text

Drumstix42 11-07-2007 11:22 PM

The font in your chat window is based on your client. If you use a custom font, it would only show on your screen. There are a lot of alternate characters that are found in the default font, but I dunno if they would show up in-game. Try looking up special characters and copy/paste them into game.
I know people used to do similar stuff to this for (what they thought were) nifty hotkeys in EQ1

gm9 11-08-2007 04:44 AM

Well you've got these here in the Unicode Arial font already which most people should be using for chat: ♪ (Alt+9834) and ♫ (Alt+9835). But I don't know if those are the "off centered music notes" he is looking for and also there is no Skull in Arial.

Landiin 11-08-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 65329)
Well you've got these here in the Unicode Arial font already which most people should be using for chat: ♪ (Alt+9834) and ♫ (Alt+9835). But I don't know if those are the "off centered music notes" he is looking for and also there is no Skull in Arial.

Nope they do not work. I used them in EQ for my bards macos, so ported them over to EQ2 and they just show up as square characters. OK, things have changed allot since I've tired them, might be worth trying again but they use to be a no go..

gm9 11-08-2007 10:18 AM

Oh right, I forgot, by default it does not use Arial, which is the reason for this download.

And you cannot script anything non-ASCII anyway. :mad:

Chrislau 11-08-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 65329)

♩(U+2669)
♪(U+266A)
♫(U+266B)
♬(U+266C)
♭(U+266D)
♮(U+266E)
♯(U+266F)

skull is here
☠(U+2620)

lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamianCross (Post 65222)
Is it possible to have custom fonts? I'd like some music notes in my troubs text. I want to replace the "#" and "&" or some other symbols that I never use with a few off centered music notes? A skull would be neat too! :D

D. Cross

Wow... I just noticed all of the font questions.... well, whatever. Does anyone have this font?

tell me what you exactly need and maybe I can make you a custom font (base on Arial) :)

gm9 11-08-2007 11:24 AM

Wow, never saw that one. Have to make it big to recognize it though: . Well I guess that's solved then. :)

DamianCross 11-15-2007 05:29 PM

If those music notes will work in EQ2, than I'm a happy bard =D Yes I wanted to use them in chat. But it'll just look dumb if no one but me can see them. Will the Unicode Arial notes show up on other ppl's clients?

D.Cross

lordebon 11-15-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamianCross (Post 65974)
If those music notes will work in EQ2, than I'm a happy bard =D Yes I wanted to use them in chat. But it'll just look dumb if no one but me can see them. Will the Unicode Arial notes show up on other ppl's clients?

D.Cross

Only if they're using Arial. And if they're not, it'll show up either as a box (similar to []) or as some other symbol.

Chrislau 11-17-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamianCross (Post 65974)

D.Cross

here it is!

click me

here's the screenshot

please remember that ONLY you (and my Jade Project's will start supporting these symbols in next release :p) can see these symbols.