EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-22-2007, 03:19 PM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Netherworks DarkUIs - Support Page for DarkRoyale & DarkSoul

If you have any questions or concerns using the DarkRoyale or DarkSoul UI's (based on the Fetish Core by Zonx), please post here.

-----

Kaldu/Naluu, founders of Sinister Shiney Seekers guild on Crushbone.
Unread 10-22-2007, 07:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

Minor update for both DarkSoul and DarkRoyale (making version 1.1b):

Fix for Maintained Spell List. Duration now properly aligned.

-----

Unread 10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Clearfont

I'm curious if you could post the Clearfont portion of the interface....or is that someone elses creation that they need to post.

Thanks in advance.....

T

Unread 10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

The persona bar (the one that shows all your stats) will not stay locked in the #2 position. I have it where it rests along the bottom of my screen and every time I log out and back in it switches to the #1 position (where the 2 bars are on top of each other). It does this whether I relog the same character or switch between characters. Is there any way to fix this or is it posted elsewhere and I could get pointed in that direction? Any help is appreciated as I really like this UI and scheme.
Unread 10-24-2007, 04:59 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theramor View Post
I'm curious if you could post the Clearfont portion of the interface....or is that someone elses creation that they need to post.

Thanks in advance.....

T
Hi there! I think you did PM me and I apologize for not responding. A lot going on here lately

I simply checked the compare notes from the last patch (LU 39) and added that information to eq2ui_fonts.htm

The compare notes are here: http://www.eq2interface.com/patches/...2ui_fonts.html

For you own local copy of cleanfont, just add the information in red on the right (towards the end). It's only 2 lines and apparently 2 new languages were added to the game (?)

-----

Unread 10-24-2007, 05:02 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivariaSteele View Post
The persona bar (the one that shows all your stats) will not stay locked in the #2 position. I have it where it rests along the bottom of my screen and every time I log out and back in it switches to the #1 position (where the 2 bars are on top of each other). It does this whether I relog the same character or switch between characters. Is there any way to fix this or is it posted elsewhere and I could get pointed in that direction? Any help is appreciated as I really like this UI and scheme.
Heya!

Its an issue when custom windows, such as the persona bar, are added to the game. To get the #2 to persist, it has to be hard coded. Zonx has posted how to do that in his Customizations thread here:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7320

Scroll down to "Customizing Personabar"

I hope that helps,

- Netherworks

-----

Unread 10-24-2007, 05:04 PM
A Grove Wisp

Version 1.1c of both DarkSoul and DarkRoyale have been posted and the compilations have been updated.

This update fixes an issue where the Joined Date of guild members wasn't showing up in the Guild Members tab.

-----

Unread 10-24-2007, 08:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It did help and was easy to do.. thanks so much =) Love this UI very much!
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

This may or may not be an issue with the UI itself or the color scheme. When I open my map and try to use the drop down menu's I can't click on them to get the boxes to drop down. I unlicked the hide fog box and re-clicked it and it worked for me once.. now I can't get it to work at all. Again.. not sure if this is the UI's issue or maybe the map add on. Any help is appreciated.
Unread 10-26-2007, 05:42 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Map background is black

The map background is black and I can not get a good few of the area is there a way to fix that?
Unread 10-27-2007, 09:21 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Yep, I've made this my new default UI. I like it and have very few niggles. One niggle that I do have is the lack of a 'AFK' button. On one of the UI's that I tried it was on the Persona bar, on another it was on the EQ button window. It's really easier and more readily used than typing it in window. Any chance it could be added somewhere to one of the always onscreen windows ???

Unread 10-27-2007, 03:00 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
This may or may not be an issue with the UI itself or the color scheme. When I open my map and try to use the drop down menu's I can't click on them to get the boxes to drop down. I unlicked the hide fog box and re-clicked it and it worked for me once.. now I can't get it to work at all. Again.. not sure if this is the UI's issue or maybe the map add on. Any help is appreciated.
Okay, what's happening is that the Autoupdater for EQ2Map (or otherwise the EQ2 manual install) is replacing "eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml". I went from scratch and it happened to me also.

After running Autoupdater for EQ2Map, go back to the UI zip file and re-extract eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml and it fixed the problem with the dropdowns here.

I also tried to lock the file by making it read-only and EQ2Map Auto had a fit, so that's a no go

-----

Last edited by Netherworks : 10-28-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Unread 10-27-2007, 03:02 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laey View Post
The map background is black and I can not get a good few of the area is there a way to fix that?
Make sure you run EQ2Map Autoupdater and then replace eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml as described above.

-----

Unread 10-27-2007, 04:17 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

If you don't want the EQ2MAP Auto Updater to overwrite your eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file there's an option for that in the Options window.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 10-28-2007, 01:32 AM
A Grove Wisp

Thanks! Yes, this is true. But I tried to run EQ2Map and go to options immediately and it still overwrote the file... So maybe that only would happen on further runs of the updater?

-----

Unread 10-28-2007, 07:53 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherworks View Post
Okay, what's happening is that the Autoupdater for EQ2Map (or otherwise the EQ2 manual install) is replacing "eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml". I went from scratch and it happened to me also.

After running Autoupdater for EQ2Map, go back to the UI zip file and re-extract eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml and it fixed the problem with the dropdowns here.

I also tried to lock the file by making it read-only and EQ2Map Auto had a fit, so that's a no go
Hmmm, I think you replied to someone else on my dime. This has nothing to do with what was quoted and was in my post. Meep, meep.

Unread 10-28-2007, 01:04 PM
A Grove Wisp

Sorry about that. Clearly it was the post above yours

-----

Unread 10-28-2007, 01:07 PM
A Grove Wisp

Concerning an AFK button... for the time being you could create a macro for it an put it on a hotbar...

Command: /afk

-----

Unread 11-13-2007, 02:08 AM
A Grove Wisp

Kunark

I did not get a beta key for Kunark but I did pre-order the expansion, so as soon as I have it, the UI will be updated. I have looked at the beta files posted here and am going to wait for the live version first. From what I've seen it should only take a short while to get it all together.

I have been doing some fiddling and updates on DarkRoyale in the meantime (updates to DarkSoul will have to come later).

Tweaks and Changes:

- Player Window now shows Health and Power Regeneration Values in addition to everything else.

- You can now set player flags from a dynamic menu in the Player Window (afk, anon, roleplaying etc) - tips hat to deKoven.

- Web Browser reorganized. Additional button added for setting the current webpage as your home page.

- Bag Options and Hotbar Options windows now have logical "presets" in increments of 4 (24,28,32,etc).

- New Window Options buttons allow you to copy mouseover to normal opacity or vice versa with a button press.

- Start Button Redesign. Bags button is larger and now opens all bags and bank bags at once (if at the bank, duh). A mini control panel allows you to toggle on/off: illusion form, group invites, duel requests. Also includes personabar, web browser and info center toggles.

- Easy Follow Group Members. When partied, simply press the "F Key Number" in the left corner to follow that group member.

- Two new features that you can access from the Start Button mini-control panel: Volume Control and a multi-tabbed Notebook.

Volume Control:

You basically can set the master volume as well as voice, music, combat music from the panel - setting from 0 (muted) to 10 (max).

Once you select the sound levels you want they show up with a border around them so you know what has been selected.

However, there is no way to truly hook the Volume Panel into your existing sound levels so a preset is provided which, by default, sets all the sounds to half (5 on the scale). You can then proceed from there.

Notebook:

In Game Notes that you can "write" yourself. Features 5 tabs and the option to send the contents of each tab to "say", "guild chat" or "group chat".

Mouse focus issue has been solved which plagues many EQ2 windows. For example, you have a window open and are moving around... you won't accidentally type in the notebook. You can only enter text into the notebook when the mouse is hovering over it.

The Notebook is very useful for doing things like pasting quest walkthroughs in one or more pages, without having to leave EQ2.

There is room for 32k of text in each tabbed page.

The only caveat is that EQ2 will not save text entered between sessions. But as a scratchpad, it's very useful.

-----

Unread 11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherworks View Post
Concerning an AFK button... for the time being you could create a macro for it an put it on a hotbar...

Command: /afk
Well, yes, I could do that. But my main is a wizzie and has 9 hotbars at about 80% usage now. There's not a whole lot of room for more. That's why I'm looking for a small button that doesn't take up much window space. The only time I ever had one was on a PersonaBar with a UI that I tried out. There were 2 small buttons there, AFK and LFG. I never used the LFG but AFK was very useful.

Unread 11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

read his changelog, I think he heard you
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:18 PM
A Grove Wisp

DarkRoyale Updated to LU40/Rok. DarkSoul variation is discontinued for right now.

In Fact, we've jumped from 1.1 to 1.4

Version 1.4

- LU40/Rok Compatible. Map can be resized/zoomed, new Persona window stats organization and faction fixes, Achievement Window redesign, etc.
- Advanced Dressing Room by gm9 integrated. Skinned to match DarkRoyale.
- Fixed Text Entry Box issues typical of EQ2. Broker and Recipe windows now only accept input while your cursor is hovering over the text field. This means you can use keyboard commands while those windows are open without entering text by accident.
- Lots of Fixes and Tweaks (finally fixed incorrect male and female portraits for Arasai during character creation LOL, etc).

Version 1.3

- Volume Control added to mini control panel. You basically can set EQ2's master volume as well as voice, music, combat music from the panel - setting from 0 (muted) to 10 (max).
Once you select the sound levels you want they show up with a border around them so you know what has been selected.
However, there is no way to truly hook the Volume Panel into your existing sound levels so a preset is provided which, by default, sets all the sounds to half (5 on the scale). You can then proceed from there.
- Notebook added to mini control panel. In Game Notes that you can "write" yourself. Features 5 tabs and the option to send the contents of each tab to "say", "guild chat" or "group chat". Contents remain when the window is closed/hidden. 32k text for each page. Note that text is NOT saved between EQ2 sessions.

Version 1.2

- Player Window now shows Health and Power Regeneration Values in addition to everything else.
- You can now set player flags from a dynamic menu in the Player Window (afk, anon, etc).
- Web Browser reorganized. Additional button added for setting the current webpage as your home page.
- Bag Options and Hotbar Options windows now have logical "presets" in increments of 4 (24,28,32,etc).
- New Window Options buttons allow you to copy mouseover to normal opacity or vice versa with a button press.
- Start Button Redesign. Bags button is larger and now opens all bags and bank bags at once (if at the bank, duh). A mini control panel allows you to toggle on/off: illusion form, group invites, duel requests. Also includes personabar, web browser and info center toggles.
- Easy Follow Group Members. When partied, simply press the "F Key Number" in the left corner to follow that group member.

-----

Unread 11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Update for DarkSoul?

Sense the new expansion this november, I cant use darksoul ui and I want it back /cries ... I see DarkRoyale has gotten an update/fix for expansion but not DarkSoul. Is the DarkSoul gonna return? I love the UI, its awesome and I dont want any other. Terrific job with that UI ! I love it !
Unread 11-17-2007, 04:30 AM
A Grove Wisp

Yes it will return - maybe some other flavors too.

There are two reasons for the delay:

a) I want to fully test DarkRoyale with regards to RoK/LU40 - many, many changes were made and I did a LOT of last minute updates. I'd play for a while... oops, that doesn't work right... fix.... play a little while (rinse, repeat) heh

b) I decided to turn some of the text to non-colors (grey or white), leaving emphasis text colored. I documented which colors are being used and it should be easy for me to globally change all the necessary colors to get the DarkSoul look. Really, there's not a lot of noticable difference from Darkroyale and Darkroyale with grey text in bits. Then I just have to slip in the graphical changes and .... in a nutshell it's easier to keep up with multiple themes this way.

So heck, if I wanted to release a holiday theme it would just be some changes here and there (using a multi-document clever search and replace) and ... Merry Christmas

Really, I am more of DarkSoul fan too (though I like them both). I'd like to also do a Black and White theme and maybe a green one (more of a mint to kelly green) and... hot pink anyone?

It won't be too much longer.

-----

Last edited by Netherworks : 11-17-2007 at 04:34 AM.
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Having an issue with the DarkSoul UI. After following instruction and installing the UI I run the EQ2MAP Updater and several files are copied. Everything looks ok with the exception of the "M"ap. When I bring up the map it looks like a combination of the original UI frame and Darksouls combined. Some things are miss-aligned and the POI at times shows double entries that are overlapped on top of eachother. I have then copied Darksoul's original EQMAP folder contents back into the DarkSoul UI folder and the map looks fine in terms of frames and POIs. I'm basically overwritting the EQMAPS subfolder of Darksoul after an eqmaps updater is done. What am I doing wrong? I've followed instruction to the best of my knowledge but as soon as the EQ2MAP updater runs it messes up my frames of my map and POIs for the most part.

These are the folders located under the \UI folder:

FetishDarkSoul
Fonts

That's it ... any ideas?

Last edited by redlinexxx : 11-21-2007 at 08:29 AM.