EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-20-2007, 11:44 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Bug with DynamicData /GameData.Stats.PowerRange?

I put together a player window for Auroz in this thread:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...0&postcount=12
but I was never able to fix this one thing.

I used DynamicData="/GameData.Stats.PowerRange" which gives you your power in the form current/maxpower and filtered it with DynamicDataFilter="0002" to only show the text information. The text color is set to a bluish purple shade. It works ok except that when you camp from one character to another the color changes to a dark green color and stays that way until you restart the game. If you don't use a DynamicDataFilter the color is green. Just to check, I tried the current Fetish UI and his player window does the same thing. Has anyone else tried to figure this out?

Here's the actual line from the player window:
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" DynamicData="/GameData.Stats.PowerRange" DynamicDataFilter="0002" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" LocalText="99,999 / 99,999" Location="0,19" Margin="1,0,1,0" Name="ManaValue" PackLocation="Left" ScrollExtent="80,16" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStyles.Outline.BlackOutline1" Size="80,16" TextColor="#9999FF">99,999 / 99,999</Text>

If I can't get it to work I could maybe use /GameData.Group.Group_0.CurrentPower then a "/" then /GameData.Group.Group_0.MaxPower.
Unread 04-20-2007, 12:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That bug has been around since ... always. Also happens with health data.

You cannot do calculations with DynamicData. You can assign it to an element and read the value (LocalText, Progress, etc.) back to make the calculation. I can't think of a way to make it update in realtime right away. If the power bar auto-shows when the DynamicData changes (at least in the target window the bars or the page they are in does that) you can make an OnShow event that triggers calculation and then sets the bar to "visible=false". Next time it is updated it will hopefully show again, triggering your event.

Of course, if you manage to get the real-time events, you may also be able to just reset the color of your current text field.
Unread 04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Ok, it's an old bug then.

I don't really need to do any calculations though... were you reading another post or something?
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
If I can't get it to work I could maybe use /GameData.Group.Group_0.CurrentPower then a "/" then /GameData.Group.Group_0.MaxPower.
I thought you were wanting to calculate this. Never mind.