Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Thumbs Up Modding the new Browser window

I think this new browser window has opened up a lot of possibilities!

The first mod I want to do for it is a minimize button like the infocenter has. The other main things it's missing are a history function and bookmarks. The history is contained in the history.dat file but I'm not sure if there's a built in function to access that... I'm hoping there is somehow.

At first I was thinking of adding a bookmarks window within the window like the advanced broker search works, but I think you would still have to edit the bookmarks by hand outside of eq2. After messing around a little I think just pointing the browser to my own Firefox bookmarks will work ok. On my computer the file is:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Nicky/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/c3lf2nw4.default/bookmarks.html
That already has every bookmark I ever use on this computer so I may as well make things easy on myself and reuse that. As soon as the /browser <URL> command comes I'll be able to just put that into a macro.

All the options and hidden preferences for Mozilla can be seen if you type about:config into the location. One thing I noticed is that the browser doesn't cache anything so if you have the same image 100 times, like on an eq2map, it has to download that little image 100 times. That's the settings browser.cache.memory.enable and browser.cache.disk.enable. It looks like you can't modify the about:config settings from the in-game browser but I'm going to try directly editing the prefs.js file.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_configuration

Here are a couple other interesting things to try:
about:buildconfig
about:plugins (no plugins at all, so no Flash, Quicktime, Java, Acrobat, Realplayer, etc.)
about:mozilla

I can read my infocenter pages just by pointing to
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Sony/EverQuest%20II/UI/NickUI/infocenter/
Hmm, except Mozilla doesn't wrap long lines in a txt file... but the possibilities are pretty big.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere

Last edited by Othesus : 02-16-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

I hope the info center gets moved to a website, or just use eq2i.com

Unread 02-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

I personally like allakhazam's database for info. Took them a little bit to get all the bugs worked out but its working out nice now. I do use eq2i every once in awhile as I do like the quest lines. But lets not get into a debate what is better every one has their own opinion.
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:09 AM
A Griffon

I ended up adding a minimize button a few days ago. Then last night I was messing around with it some more and decided to take a shot at a bookmarks feature. At first I was trying to make a Combobox that would replace the URI text field but I didn't find any examples of Comboboxes used anywhere. It looked like it might work but it seemed a little odd that there was no Comboboxstyle and definitely no default style or template.

Has anyone ever used a Combobox? It looks like it would be a text field with a button on the right end that would pop up a dropdown menu. It just seems like it wasn't implemented completely since there isn't any Comboboxstyle mentioned anywhere.

So, after poking at that for a while I just decided to try out a dropdown menu below the URI textbox. I opened up the Profit market window and studied that a bit and later found Zonx's excellent guide for dropdowns.

Well, that was my quick (a few hours) and dirty browser mod to start out. I'm hoping there will be a way to add a history function but that would require something a bit more fancy tying into the Mozilla object or accessing the history.dat file.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4488
Unread 02-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

There isn't a ComboBox Object in EQ2 componet list

If one wasn't lazy like me they could make a getto one though.

Place a input object on top of a dropdown object but dont' use the full width of the dropdown, leave the handle sticking out. Now when the use Onclicks the handle of the dropdown make the input box !visible and when the user Onselsects or OnHoverOut make the input box visible and transfer the the selection to the input box.

Way to much work for me, but /shrug.
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:16 AM
A Griffon

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure there is one:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...light=ComboBox

And it's available from the menu in the UIBuilder. It just seems unfinished since there isn't any ComboBox style or template. They show up in the UIBuilder but I didn't go far enough to see if they work.
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Hmm maybe there is, I don't recall seeing in on the object pallet though. I'll have to look tonight, can't seem to find my CD with the UIBuilder on it here at work..

If there it then it would be as simple as the rest of the objects to make.
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I don't think I can point to any default window that uses a combobox and could teach you the parameters. They would need a datasource at least. Have you tried combining the combo with a dropdown template?
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

from the link he posted it tells one how to make it. /shrug

Quote:
7.3 .2 ComboBox
Parent : Page
A dropdown menu that allows the user to type in the selection

ButtonStyle

ButtonWidth
integer

Editable
bool

ListStyle

ScrollbarStyle

TextboxStyle

DataSource

DropDownHeight
integer

SelectedIndex
Integer

SelectedText
string
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Note to self: LEARN TO READ!
Unread 02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Note to self: LEARN TO READ!
lol Funny thing is I have that high lighted on a post-a-note on my monitor!
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:41 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

IIRC from when I looked into all these controls, the problem with the Combobox control is that it does not support the SelectedItndex property, so referenceing the data of the selected item isn't as straightforward as a dropdown menu.

I used a dropdown menu in my original browser mod
Unread 03-01-2007, 12:27 AM
A Griffon

Yes, it's also a little odd that the ComboBox falls under the Page group since it's essentially a Textbox with a Dropdownbox which are both Widgets. Hmm, there are objects called Popupmenu and Radialmenu in the Page group too, but I don't think those are used anywhere either.

Last edited by Othesus : 03-01-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Unread 03-01-2007, 04:23 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Some of these alternate list objects also don't support the OnSelect event. That might have been the bigger issue I ran into with ComboBoxes.
Unread 03-04-2007, 07:10 AM
A Griffon

My next fix is trying to get the Textbox to lose focus when you're not typing there. I've always had a similar problem with the default community window. I would be running along fine and press Y to open up the community window. Then I might resize or move it to the side a little more and keep running where ever I was going. This would always give me the dreaded "wwwwwwaaaaaaaa" or something in the textbox. I think I've trained myself to click on my chat window every time after clicking the community window and it seems like the same thing happens in the browser window.

I found this thread here talking about using the set_focus command. And it looks like Zonx has an OnShow="set_focus SelectionLB.FullPath" in the Fetish community window. I'm going to try something like that, but what is SelectionLB.FullPath?
Unread 03-04-2007, 07:39 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Hehe, that was a very early use of the command just after I convinced SOE to put it in for us. Prety sure the only place its used in the default UI is the Guild window, which uses that path to reference a saved variable for the last selected tab in the guild window.

If you're trying to drop focus entirely, I recomend using a path that points to a window with no menus or textboxes, preferably one that's always up.

I generally drop focus by pathing to the Player window.