Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 07-03-2009, 11:07 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
You could try to make the line thinner as it flotes together when you zoom in full, looks ok on the svg and jpg tho.
I'm not sure what you mean by "flotes together". The thickness of the lines is a function of the size of the window. Zooming increases the apparent thickness of the lines so you can tell you are zoomed in. I am willing to implement an alternate method of scaling these lines, or make it user settable in some way. For example, I could make the line size invarient with zoom (possibly as a user setting).

Quote:
I can't get the autoparse to work , i have to turn it off then on again to get an update.
Might consider add a update button or make the window update when it gets focus.
What OS are you running? I'm wondering if this is a permissions issue, because this is a feature that I test very regularly. My typical test method is to open a log file in a text editor, then paste in lines and Save the file. Can you do this in notepad or similar?

Quote:
I can't get the color comand to work, its black all the time, did work in mapper2.
This is another feature I use all the time. Can you attach a copy of a log file that does not appear to work in MapperLive?
Unread 07-04-2009, 03:07 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
I am willing to implement an alternate method of scaling these lines, or make it user settable in some way. For example, I could make the line size invarient with zoom (possibly as a user setting).
Looks like a good idea

Quote:
What OS are you running? I'm wondering if this is a permissions issue, because this is a feature that I test very regularly. My typical test method is to open a log file in a text editor, then paste in lines and Save the file. Can you do this in notepad or similar?
This works from notpad, but not ingame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils
I can't get the color comand to work, its black all the time, did work in mapper2.
This is another feature I use all the time. Can you attach a copy of a log file that does not appear to work in MapperLive?
Never mind, i spelled it wrong
Unread 07-04-2009, 11:06 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
This works from notpad, but not ingame.
What OS are you running?
Unread 07-04-2009, 05:39 PM
A Griffon

I have run MapperLive with a real log from a running copy of EQ2. I was able to move around the zone and grab locations which immediately showed up in the map display.

I am running Windows XP.

1) What OS are you running?
2) If you are running Vista/Windows 7, does running MapperLive in Administrator mode fix the issue?
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:49 PM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

1. Im using Vista.

2. Running as admin does not help, i can't get it to work
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:52 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Barren Sky

I think we need a command to reset mapper completely, bc now it parses values from all the log, and doing that reset automatically on zoning will be inconvenient for multiple-session mapping.

Also for problem with win7 (and I think vista) 'not reading' I have workaround with macro "/log
/log"
I just press it sometimes, and mapper catches new portion of locs.

Btw ACT has the same problem with w7, somewhat solved it w/o running as Adm.
Unread 09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brammator View Post
I think we need a command to reset mapper completely, bc now it parses values from all the log, and doing that reset automatically on zoning will be inconvenient for multiple-session mapping.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want a command that, in a logfile, will force it to start over from scratch, so you don't have to create a new logfile?

Quote:
Also for problem with win7 (and I think vista) 'not reading' I have workaround with macro "/log
/log"
I just press it sometimes, and mapper catches new portion of locs.
I was thinking of putting a timer in that would automatically check every user configurable number of seconds. If you'd like this, I can see about putting it in.

Quote:
Btw ACT has the same problem with w7, somewhat solved it w/o running as Adm.
What is ACT? If you can provide me with a URL, I can maybe contact the authors and see how they fixed it.
Unread 09-09-2009, 11:23 AM
A Griffon

Ah, websearch to the rescue.

I think I found ACTs solution, so I'll see if I can't implement it and push out an updated version.
Unread 09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want a command that, in a logfile, will force it to start over from scratch, so you don't have to create a new logfile?
yes, exactly.

Quote:
I was thinking of putting a timer in that would automatically check every user configurable number of seconds. If you'd like this, I can see about putting it in.

What is ACT? If you can provide me with a URL, I can maybe contact the authors and see how they fixed it.
It's http://advancedcombattracker.com/ but I think you already found it. Sorry.
Unread 09-15-2009, 04:04 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: The Bazaar

Just thought I would add that I am having the same issue with Vista. MapperLive doesn't work in realtime under the OS. I have gotten it to work using Bram's workaround by changing my hotkey/macro for /loc to have three commands: /loc /log /log

This way every time I grab a new location it also refreshes the map in MapperLive.
Unread 09-15-2009, 04:18 PM
A Griffon

I do have a fix for this which I got from the ACT dev. I'm just running into some other issues that were why I had halted development before. I will try and get this updated and pushed out prior to the next expansion, for sure. I just need a block of free time to refactor some code.

I will also make sure that my next release includes the source code, so anyone can do development if I get hit by a bus.
Unread 09-15-2009, 04:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Sounds good. I was looking forward to trying this out on Win7 soon.

PS. Please don't get hit by a bus!
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:08 AM
A Sea Turtle

I'm not on the computer that I play EQ2 on so can't check this right now but I don't recall seeing an "always on top" option anywhere. Is there a way to make the program stay on top so we can see it as we map without having to resize the EQ2 window?
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:15 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiane View Post
I'm not on the computer that I play EQ2 on so can't check this right now but I don't recall seeing an "always on top" option anywhere. Is there a way to make the program stay on top so we can see it as we map without having to resize the EQ2 window?
Yes, that should be easy to do. I'll see about either adding it to the options panel or adding a checkbox to the main interface.

I'll try to stay away from busses.
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:16 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Yes, that should be easy to do. I'll see about either adding it to the options panel or adding a checkbox to the main interface.

I'll try to stay away from busses.
Great! That will be a big help.... and avoiding busses will help too. LOL
Unread 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Just wanted to say I used this to map out the Emperor's Athenaeum map.

Used it on Win7 while EQ2 was actively running. The map would not auto-update, as said above.
If I went an opened the log file phsyically in notepad, it would cause the Mapper to update, but my simpler work around was to just uncheck "Auto parse" and then re-check it to update my progress.

It crashed on me a few times, usually after setting a new layer. Not sure why, Win7 is kind of annoying when things crash as it has that window saying "Attempting to find solution" and I always hit cancel before I can copy over any crash details.
Not really a big issue cause all I had to do was re-open and I was back where I was, cause the log file is the where the good stuff is :P

Thanks for the work you've done

Btw, Inkscape crashed on me once or twice. The first time I lost an hour's work I learned to save often, as I have with other apps.
Unread 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Just wanted to say I used this to map out the Emperor's Athenaeum map.

Used it on Win7 while EQ2 was actively running. The map would not auto-update, as said above.
If I went an opened the log file phsyically in notepad, it would cause the Mapper to update, but my simpler work around was to just uncheck "Auto parse" and then re-check it to update my progress.

It crashed on me a few times, usually after setting a new layer. Not sure why, Win7 is kind of annoying when things crash as it has that window saying "Attempting to find solution" and I always hit cancel before I can copy over any crash details.
Not really a big issue cause all I had to do was re-open and I was back where I was, cause the log file is the where the good stuff is :P

Thanks for the work you've done

Btw, Inkscape crashed on me once or twice. The first time I lost an hour's work I learned to save often, as I have with other apps.
I also noticed a problem with crashing when trying to start a new layer.
Unread 10-05-2009, 03:20 PM
A Griffon

I took another look at my code this weekend and I appear to have coded myself into a corner. I think I have fixes for the issues you're seeing, as well as implementing some of the requested features. I just need to dig myself out of a code hole before I can release those fixes to you.

I just don't understand how to write multi-threaded code in .NET. Curse you, "delegates"!
Unread 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

oh the self corning.. yea I hate it myself.. I tell me self ever time I do it I'll always thing things through before instead of just going on the fly but yea , I've said that many times.. lol
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
oh the self corning.. yea I hate it myself.. I tell me self ever time I do it I'll always thing things through before instead of just going on the fly but yea , I've said that many times.. lol
Self... corning?

That just sounds wrong.

But yeah I've coded myself into a corner as well. It usually happens when I start out with a relatively simple idea and take shortcuts... but then later want to add a more complex feature that requires me to not have taken those shortcuts and then I end up rewriting everything.
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:18 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
It usually happens when I start out with a relatively simple idea and take shortcuts... but then later want to add a more complex feature that requires me to not have taken those shortcuts and then I end up rewriting everything.
That is it exactly.

I've already done a major rewrite of my map data structures. The problem is my layers panels. The way I have them constructed they need to be updated by the auto-parse thread, which is separate from the main form thread. I had it working for a while, but when I was doing some rewrites I didn't test it as thoroughly as I ought to have, now it doesn't work for some cases of auto-parse. I realize I'm going to have to basically rewrite the whole class and I'm just not looking forward to it.

None the less, I shall attempt to carry on. I want to give a world class tool to support all you mappers.
Unread 10-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Self... corning?

That just sounds wrong.
ROFL; I should really stop posting on my iphone..
Unread 10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
ROFL; I should really stop posting on my iphone..
It's funniest when you read the entire post out of context.

Quote:
Unread 10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
It's funniest when you read the entire post out of context.
/thread

Still laughing...
Unread 11-02-2009, 05:20 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Threading.ThreadStateException: Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy, Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data)
   at MapperLive.MapperLiveErrors.Errors_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MapperLive
    Assembly Version: 0.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/GAMES/MapperLive/MapperLive.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
win7, mapperlive 0.6.0, crashed right after "/em mapgroup 2." line (well, I kinda closed and reopened log to help ML catch up)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MapperLive_0.6.0_20091103_0117.PNG
Views:	237
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	7080