EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread
Unread 11-26-2005, 03:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Spell Cooldown Countdown

In WoW it was possible to make the hotkey bar countdown til your skill is refreshed when you used one.

IE I used Skill A which has a 30 second refresh, so the hotkey for Skill A starts counting down from 30.

Is this possible at all?
Unread 11-26-2005, 04:42 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen
Default EQ2 Hotbar does this already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andur
In WoW it was possible to make the hotkey bar countdown til your skill is refreshed when you used one.

IE I used Skill A which has a 30 second refresh, so the hotkey for Skill A starts counting down from 30.

Is this possible at all?
The hotbar has a 'status bar' shadow on each key that shows how long until refreshed. Also, the color of hotbar keys changes when you can or can't use them. What are you really looking for that isn't already done? I'm not trying to be rude - just looking for clarification to your request.
Unread 11-26-2005, 04:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I think he's looking for a delay macro command kind of like in EQ1 where you could use it as long as it was for casting spells.

Unfortunately there is not one in EQ2. You can use the Spell Queue to be able to press a hotkey that will be used as soon as possible, but that's as far as you can go with that for now.

The only way to get more than one spell in a hotkey macro is if it's with a Heroic Chain starter spell as they have no casting time.
Unread 08-11-2006, 09:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

no i think what he wants is instead of the grey shade slipping down the icon he would like number, 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 so its easy to see exactly how long there left. I know id like that atleast.
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Yeah that's what he means...the current way the cooldowns are shown in the hotkey bars are just ... bad.

As the OP, I used the same nterface mod on WoW, and it was really usefull.

Why such a mod here?

- Yes, icon turn grey when it's in CD...but if you spend your time queueing spells, the queue makes all icons grey...and you have to make a pause in your spell chain to make icons become clear again and see which one is not in CD.

- The grey effect on icons isn't really usefull, i have spells with 10 secs cooldowns, some with 30 and some 5 minutes or even 30 minutes. And i can't really retain all of this. Each time I must move my mouse over the spell to see the CD time in the tooltip of the spell.

Such a mod would really help me in the planning of my spells.
Unread 07-24-2009, 11:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default agreed

I don't want to compare WoW to EQ 2, but that CD cooldown was pretty much a MUST have for my rogue while doing raids. At a glance, I knew exactly how much time I had left to use any given ability. I'm sure this type of a mod would also be very handy here as well.
So, I'm agreeing with the ppl above who are asking for something like this
Unread 07-24-2009, 05:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

What you are looking for exists in ProfitUI and I think it was Chrislau who released a standalone version of the ProfitUI hotbars with smaller numbers if you do not want the complete set.
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I know exactly what you want. I had the same add on with my last computer. I just bought a new computer and am looking for the hotbar mod which I had but am having trouble finding it.

If anyone knows how to navigate this site a lil better please post a link for us .

Basically what we want is hotbars normal like everyone else....but instead of a reuse tooltip for each spell a reuse countdown timer in front of each spell and combat art which pops up when they are on cooldown.

So if I cast ice comet....before cast there are no numbers, after i cast the icon greys out and a countdown from 22 seconds to 1 appears. Its easily a 10% dps gain for my wizard because i can queue an ice comet at second 1 instead of queue'ing (sp) an incinerate or something like that which is what has been happening on raid since I lost the hotbars.

Anyway hope that explained what we were after. You should try it yourself you'll never go back once you get used to it I guarantee it.

Vincent (hotmess)
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

After this thread has now been necro'ed for the third time (with a cross-post even) I'm locking it. See my post above as one answer to your question. Hotbar mods are found in the "Hotbar" download category. Can't get easier than that.

edit: hotmess since you now managed a total of 4 cross-posts, among them 2 thread necroes and one off-topic post, consider this your first and final warning, any more of this and you'll get a vacation from this site. You just create work for us deleting your posts. Thanks.

Last edited by gm9 : 01-21-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Closed Thread