SelectedItem - value of item
String

SelectedItemIndex - index of selected item
integer

Style
ListboxStyle

RowTemplate - describes a row
Template
Currently attempting to use a sort of listbox to act as selections that will change what is showing on a page. Wondering if this is possible to begin with, and if anyone has attempted it.
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:16 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Works pretty much like dropdowns and the like, so you can store any data you want in them and recall it via the OnSelect and OnDoubleClick events. The login/shutdown windows in my UI would be examples (selecting a row in the login window will populate text field in the window with the respective values).
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Does the OnSelect action work? I can't seem to get it to do anything.
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:53 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Works for me, yes. Example code from the login window I mentioned (linebreaks added to make the events stand out):

Code:
<Listbox BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" DataSource="CharacterData" Location="260,77" Margin="10,10,10,10" Name="CharacterSelect" 

OnDoubleClick="Parent.AutoplayChar.Text=SelectedItem.Name
Parent.AutoplayWorld.Text=SelectedItem.Server
Parent.Username.Text=SelectedItem.Username
Parent.Password.Text=SelectedItem.Password
Parent.ConnectButton.Press=true" 

OnSelect="Parent.AutoplayChar.Text=SelectedItem.Name
Parent.AutoplayWorld.Text=SelectedItem.Server
Parent.Username.Text=SelectedItem.Username
Parent.Password.Text=SelectedItem.Password" 

PackSize="a,a" RowTemplate="CharacterSelect_template" Size="234,221" Style="/CommonElements.Listbox.data.listbox_style" Tooltip="Click to select, double-click to login"/>
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Apparently I was using a List and not a Listbox.
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:28 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Figured I'd share my simple findings in case anyone comes across this topic attempting to do the same thing.
I used this to be able to show different pages according to what was selected:
Code:
SELECTION=SelectedItem.Name
Parent.Parent.Parent.Text.Page1.visible=(SHOW ? True : False) SHOW=(Parent.Parent.Parent.Text.Page1.name == SELECTION)
Parent.Parent.Parent.Text.Page2.visible=(SHOW ? True : False) SHOW=(Parent.Parent.Parent.Text.Page2.name == SELECTION)
I've decided to just go another route, rather than try to come up with a new styled listbox. Plus, the listbox route was just kind of annoying me. It has it's uses however.

Another thing which I found annoying. I had to set the selectedrow to -1 (default) and have the first page set to visible. If I set the default row to the first one (zero), it would never show upon first opening. Just some extra useless info.