EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-05-2010, 12:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Unhappy Wraping Text Help !

I am new, and I like this UI, but text wont wrap in windows ! So, for example in chat to see what a person typing I have to extend the window 1/2 across the screen, because the test wont wrap within the window.

It gets really bad , on quest to read a quest and see all the text I have to extend the window all the way across the screen , because the text wont wrap to screens boundries .
Unread 08-07-2010, 04:37 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

In the 5-6 years I've been producing this UI, I don't think I've ever had anyone post this problem. Sounds to me like the EQ client isn't calculating the width of your fonts properly.

What operating system are you using, XP, Vista, Win 7?

Are you using standard desktop font setting, or did you change your system font size?

Did you somehow change or remove the font files from the Fetish directory?

Did you install some other mod "after" installing the Fetish UI?

Are you using an English client? If not, what language is it?
Unread 08-08-2010, 09:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
In the 5-6 years I've been producing this UI, I don't think I've ever had anyone post this problem. Sounds to me like the EQ client isn't calculating the width of your fonts properly.

What operating system are you using, XP, Vista, Win 7?

Are you using standard desktop font setting, or did you change your system font size?

Did you somehow change or remove the font files from the Fetish directory?

Did you install some other mod "after" installing the Fetish UI?

Are you using an English client? If not, what language is it?
I have never messed with fonts, in-game or out.

I am running windows 7.

I have this mod and eqmaps 2 installed thats it

I tried reinstalling your mod same thing. everything else seems to work fine.

I downloaded it , drop it over the everquest folder told to to replace files is the only thing I have done.
Unread 08-08-2010, 12:42 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

I don't have a Win 7 setup to test with, but it doesn't sound like you're doing anything unusual. Other than making sure you're installing with admin privileges, I don't know what else to say. Never had this problem, no way to test it on my end.

That you're seeing this issue in multiple windows and in windows I know are using SOE standard fonts makes me go WTF!?
Unread 08-08-2010, 01:38 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Would have been my only idea, too, maybe check that.
Unread 08-08-2010, 02:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
I downloaded it , drop it over the everquest folder told to to replace files is the only thing I have done.
Maybe not installing the files to the right location. Don't get what you mean by dropping it over the eq2 folder and replacing files
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Don't get what you mean by dropping it over the eq2 folder and replacing files
The .zip file that Zonx puts up for Fetish starts with the UI folder and the EQ2.ini file. So to install Fetish, you can grab the UI folder and the EQ2.ini file in the .zip file, drag it and drop it over your EQ2 folder and everything goes into the right place.

P.S. Shouldn't you be listed as a Featured Author by now? Someone bump up this man's title. He's earned it by now.
Author -Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator
Lead Programmer for EQ2U

Last edited by Dethdlr : 08-10-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I get something similar. Mine wraps the text but cuts off the last two letters of a word before doing it.

Default Font size in game and out.
Windows Vista 64

Other problem I have with chat window is I can not see what I am typing. If I create a second window I can, or if I use default UI chat window it works.
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh24601 View Post
I get something similar. Mine wraps the text but cuts off the last two letters of a word before doing it.

Default Font size in game and out.
Windows Vista 64

Other problem I have with chat window is I can not see what I am typing. If I create a second window I can, or if I use default UI chat window it works.
yah , mine cuts off letters to read them I have to extend the window across the screen. I have windows 7 64

I have installed like it the instructions say ( dropping the EQ2.ini in the main folder etc ) and I have even reloaded the whole game.
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:11 AM
A Brown Bear

Been using fetish now since a mate recommend it to me in late 2005, used it on XP 32 and 64bit vista 32 and 64bit and now on w7 64bit (decided to miss the 32bit on this one) and never had any problems like this.
The only thing I can think of is if a 3rd party word processing program or such has set ur fonts to their standard, you can reset the fonts to windows default via control panel and fonts settings (should be the same deal for vista as well) restart ur pc and it should by rights sort the problem out.
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

From another thread. To prevent the last couple of letters in each line from being obscured by the scroll bar you need to turn off the Titlebar and Frames in the window settings. This though then screws up the first line of chat whenever you type something. To fix that problem do this:

Rename or delete your eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml in your Fetish folder. Rename _simple_eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml and then you should be able to hide the frame / titlebar but not get the collapsing text entry area behavior.

Last edited by adaemus : 08-19-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: grammar
Unread 08-19-2010, 02:22 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaemus View Post
From another thread. To prevent the last couple of letters in each line from being obscured by the scroll bar you need to turn off the Titlebar and Frames in the window settings. This though then screws up the first line of chat whenever you type something.
Incorrect. Please at least read the FAQ. It very clearly addresses this feature, as do countless replies to similar posts.

To enable the chat input box, use the window settings submenu to Enable Frame and Titlebar. Then set the normal opacity slider to something close to zero. With this setup, the Frame, Titlebar, and scrollbar will only be visible on mouseover and you'll have the input box.

Disable the titlebar on other chat windows you don't typically type in to reclaim the space normally reserved for chat input.

If after trying this, you'd still rather have a more default like chat window, I've included _simple_eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml which can be install by renaming to eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml after trashing the existing file.

Last edited by Zonx : 08-19-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Doh, that's right. I went to the _simple xml because of where I place my group window. When I did what the FAQ states I would accidentally click the X button and close the chat window because even if you can't see it you can still click on the frame buttons. Switching to the _simple xml allows you to remove the titlebar and frame and not mess up the chat area.

So pardon my misdirection....it does work though
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I've included _simple_eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml which can be install by renaming to eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml after trashing the existing file.
Thanks Zonx, guess the problem with wrapping was because the slider bar was in the way. the simple chat window fixed that and gave me the typing bar without using title bar.

You da troll!