Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 06-27-2009, 05:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
adopt some things interface authors here have created.
Has been happening all along.
Unread 06-27-2009, 05:27 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post

If that is true, why don't I ever remember any, I don't know, credit for the idea and the original work. I mean really if there is anyone who can be said to be innovative it's you GM9. I don't think anyone here is expecting to get any sort of monetary reward for the work they've done, but a little credit would be nice. If EQ2 has in fact been adopting ideas originating here.
Unread 06-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Yep. Was just letting you know what he said to me in our quick 2min chat.

it's the authors here that really shape the UI. I just wanted to clam any fears that they were draticly changeing the UI.

Sorry typein this on
my phone while in the eq2 panel

Last edited by Dolby : 06-27-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Unread 06-27-2009, 06:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickF7666 View Post
If that is true, why don't I ever remember any, I don't know, credit for the idea and the original work. I mean really if there is anyone who can be said to be innovative it's you GM9. I don't think anyone here is expecting to get any sort of monetary reward for the work they've done, but a little credit would be nice. If EQ2 has in fact been adopting ideas originating here.
Oh, my comment was not meant to be understood in that way at all! Personally I'm more than happy if the default UI sees improvement, regardless of where the idea may have originated from, and I know many if not most other modders here feel the same. Also my comment was encompassing all of eq2interface and not specifically aimed at my work.

And do we need express credit in the patch notes? In my opinion we do not, no more than features suggested via /feedback or forum discussions. In addition there have been some acknowledgements on the forums and/or in private conversations.

PS: But yes, of course the EQ2 dev team is aware of what is happening here. You know some of them post here. Many also use some of the mods from here when they play the game. Of course that influences what they do, in the same way game mechanics or class balance discussions on other forums won't go ignored. And that's a good thing, it just shows that the devs are in touch with the playerbase. If you start demanding credit or even recompensation for that you might just scare the SOE legal team.

Last edited by gm9 : 06-27-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Unread 06-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

At the EQ2 future panel they talked about more UI changes.

Quest window will see some love and the default window will change side by side. I've been using the side by side mod so long forgot it wasn't default. They are also changing around the tabs and the quest window will hold the new achivement/trophey system.

Character inspection window will have an achievment system tab

they are working on adding multiple quests in your active quest window on the HUD.
Unread 06-27-2009, 07:52 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

Don't get me wrong. I was in no way "demanding" that anyone should get credit. I do understand the possible "legal" issues. And if you have gotten some sort of back channel acknowledgment then that's cool. I was just saying that it would be "nice". I don't think I'm to far off in thinking that everyone likes the occasional pat on the back.
Unread 06-27-2009, 08:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickF7666 View Post
I don't think I'm to far off in thinking that everyone likes the occasional pat on the back.
Nah, no doubt about that.
Unread 06-28-2009, 08:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Well, ideas can originate here and become popular over time. If a feature becomes useful, and the idea gets around.... then other people start requesting it, in say the eq2 forums, and the idea catches on.... well. Then it's just a good idea that got passed down the river.