EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 11-18-2009, 01:44 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Group Color

Hey Zonx, First love the UI. If I were to open the eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers with notepad, where in here can I, if possible, change the colors of the names of my group members that I see ON SCREEN. I see many places to insert different codes but not sure where to do this. Also, if I can change the color where might I find the codes for the colors so I can input say for example YELLOW OR RED instead of the default green. Thanks and again great UI.
Unread 11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerahr View Post
Hey Zonx, First love the UI. If I were to open the eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers with notepad, where in here can I, if possible, change the colors of the names of my group members that I see ON SCREEN. I see many places to insert different codes but not sure where to do this. Also, if I can change the color where might I find the codes for the colors so I can input say for example YELLOW OR RED instead of the default green. Thanks and again great UI.
The names above players are not part of that window.

You may be able to change them a bit via the options (not sure, never had reason to) but it would be all-or-nothing, not different colors for group member 1, 2, 3, etc.
Unread 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I don't think he was referring to above text people's had, but just in the group window.

I'm not sure about it, but lines with Name="Name" would be group members text lines. (don't mistake the Pet Name lines though)
I know that Group leader gets changed to yellow. But I never tried changing the color of group members to a specific color.
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Lord understands what I mean. Not the names in the window but the names on screen. For example in a raid there would be 24 or so Green names on screen not the raid or group window. I want to change only the group I am in to any color other than green so I know exactly where they are. Group or raid window is fine just what I see on screen. What file would that be anyways. Thanks.
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

don't think you can change those colors above player's heads. If possible, I think it would be in the proxyactor files, but not sure. Again, I think that part referring the players on screen is hardcoded.
Unread 11-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerahr View Post
Lord understands what I mean. Not the names in the window but the names on screen. For example in a raid there would be 24 or so Green names on screen not the raid or group window. I want to change only the group I am in to any color other than green so I know exactly where they are. Group or raid window is fine just what I see on screen. What file would that be anyways. Thanks.
To my knowledge it is not possible to change the overhead name colors so that your group is a different color than raid members.
Unread 11-19-2009, 12:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
To my knowledge it is not possible to change the overhead name colors so that your group is a different color than raid members.
It should be possible to run a text comparison OnShow or OnTextChanged of each name against all group members and change the color if a match is found. I would expect the lag that this will create to be noticable though on slower machines (assuming you have all names showing as the request implies and considering the number of both players and targets around in a raid setting).

PS: yes, the names are in proxyactor