EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-20-2010, 07:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

If I set quick-cast button 1 to J-cap for my Troub can I use quick-cast button 1 for a different ability on my wizard or are they universal??
Unread 02-20-2010, 10:35 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

It saves individual setups for each character.

The file "drumsui_textsettings.xml" in DrumsUI/POI will have a page section for each character's hotkeys/cures/etc that are saved.
Unread 02-21-2010, 11:24 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Would it be possible to add a hideable scroll bar to the quest helper window. Perhaps make the scroll bar part of the border so that it can be hidden until cursored over. I tend to leave quite a few quests on the helper and the only way to scroll them is the wheel (which is sluggish).
Unread 02-21-2010, 01:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Tracking window error and suggestion

Image here: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5...ckingerror.jpg

Basically, when the mouse is over the window and the con color bar appears, it doesn't appear where it should. As I have my bar extended almost 3/4 the length of the screen, it appears in the middle of the window (as shown). However, if I drag the bottom of the tracking window up to make the window shorter, the con bar moves up as well. It is my understanding that the con bar is positioned in reference to the bottom of the window, instead of the top as it probably should. If you follow the pictures from left to right, you can see that the spacing from the bottom is always the same, and if you shrink the window enough the con bar goes out of the top of the window.

Also, I think it is working as intended, but a suggestion if it is possible, is the button in the top left to select what types of names to show in the window ("NPC Only", "All", etc). As it is now, when you hover over the button it shows your current selection out of all of the options. If you click it opens up the full drop down menu from which you can select. I would suggest making the hover over maybe just a small pop-up of what it does (Kind of like your "View on EQ2i" and other "View on..." tool-tips on your examine windows, etc.) On click would bring up the options, as usual. I guess the reasoning behind the way it is now is to see what the current selection is, but I personally have never had a reason to need to verify what my selection is besides looking at the tracking list itself. And it would make the button a little more standard like every other button in the UI to have it default to a hover-over "what is it" tool-tip.
Unread 02-21-2010, 04:50 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I swear I loaded the UI from scratch this time before posting this heh

In the target and implied target window, when you try to mouse over the top row of effects, all that pops up is a window with your name and health %
If you mouse over the 2nd / 3rd rows, you get the effect description pop-up instead. Guessing something is overlapping that top row of icons?

That aside, this UI has been working very well so far. Love the editable cure/macro buttons, and the map icons are nice too. Much easier to sort out, least for me. =)
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Market/Broker window

First time using your broker/market window, but when I sort by name and then sort by price, it sorts them first by name and then by price.
Apples - 5c
Apples - 6c
Apples - 1s 5c
Blueberries - 5c
Blueberries - 7s
and that's great. The problem is if the items being displayed are crafted, then it is sorting by name, then crafter (or some other reference), and then price. It makes it appear as if it is not sorted by price because you'll see:
Apples - 5c (assuming it is sorted by crafter: crafter a)
Apples - 6c (crafter a)
Apples - 1s 5c (crafter a)
Apples - 5c (crafter b)
Apples - 1s (crafter b)
Unread 02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Todays Update 1.5

I beleive there might be a glitch in todays 1.5 update with the maintained window. On two machines it was showing a row or two of the dummy icons it shows while loading even after the character was in.. trailing along behind the normal buffs that should be there. I replaced it with the maintained file from 1.4 and it seems to be working properly now.

Otherwise, its working like champ. I love the work you have done. This is by far the best balance of features, customization, and streamlining available today. Thanks for all your efforts.
Unread 02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarnax View Post
It is my understanding that the con bar is positioned in reference to the bottom of the window, instead of the top as it probably should.

I would suggest making the hover over maybe just a small pop-up of what it does (Kind of like your "View on EQ2i" and other "View on..." tool-tips on your examine windows, etc.) On click would bring up the options, as usual.
1. Doh! Yes, that's my bad as I moved them from the bottom to the top (figured it would be easier to have all the buttons in one location rather than spread out) Will fix that with tomorrow's update.

2. Great idea. I'll have the "hover" try to list the current selection in the tool tip. And clicking it would work as normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaldan View Post
In the target and implied target window, when you try to mouse over the top row of effects, all that pops up is a window with your name and health %
If you mouse over the 2nd / 3rd rows, you get the effect description pop-up instead. Guessing something is overlapping that top row of icons?

That aside, this UI has been working very well so far. Love the editable cure/macro buttons, and the map icons are nice too. Much easier to sort out, least for me. =)
I'll check this out. It sounds like an overlap and should be solvable by just reposition the effects element. Fixed in tomorrow's release. Glad you like the UI

Quote:
First time using your broker/market window, but when I sort by name and then sort by price, it sorts them first by name and then by price.
Apples - 5c
Apples - 6c
Apples - 1s 5c
Blueberries - 5c
Blueberries - 7s
and that's great. The problem is if the items being displayed are crafted, then it is sorting by name, then crafter (or some other reference), and then price. It makes it appear as if it is not sorted by price because you'll see:
Apples - 5c (assuming it is sorted by crafter: crafter a)
Apples - 6c (crafter a)
Apples - 1s 5c (crafter a)
Apples - 5c (crafter b)
Apples - 1s (crafter b)
No clue why sorting is acting weird. I haven't messed with the sorting buttons, and all the results are sent from the server. So it is most likely something out of my control. Try seeing what default UI results give you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckean View Post
I beleive there might be a glitch in todays 1.5 update with the maintained window. On two machines it was showing a row or two of the dummy icons it shows while loading even after the character was in.. trailing along behind the normal buffs that should be there. I replaced it with the maintained file from 1.4 and it seems to be working properly now.

Otherwise, its working like champ. I love the work you have done. This is by far the best balance of features, customization, and streamlining available today. Thanks for all your efforts.
There were no code changes in the maintained XML (or effects XML) files since last udpate, so I'm not sure why that was happening. Did you use /loadui by any chance?

I'll double check for clarity.

Cheers all.
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok a few things to suggest/report.

First, I think it'd be nice to have different effect/detrimentals alignments, I replaced yours by another myself because I didn't like how it was ordered. Specifically a top left to bottom right would be good, but just saying not a big issue.

Now my problem is with the group stuff. When I'm not in a group, if I hover on the group window, I still get the cure config and the quick cast buttons popping up on the "first member". I'd like to hide these when not grouped. Might not be an issue when you have your group window on a side, but being a healer yet liking to keep an eye on the action, I have my group window very close to the center of my screen, it's annoying when soloing though.

Another thing about the cures, I'm wondering if it'd be possible to simply have one button(preferably a big one) to cure people instead of having to click on the particular cure. Again as a healer, I don't really care if someone has noxious or elemental or whatever, I just cure everything, so I'd rather not have to click in different places when curing and just press cure on a big button.

Finally, an option to have your own healthbar in the group member window would be good. Again, because as a healer it's easier to see your own health if it's with the others than if it's somewhere different. Obviously you can move your personnal bar close to the group but it doesn't mesh very well with all the additional stuff.

I'm just commenting on my feelings about the UI though, I don't really expect these to go live soonish/ever, I'm gonna edit the files myself, but I felt some people might like those ideas too.
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:07 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Drumstix42 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Unread 02-23-2010, 12:24 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
Drumstix42 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Doh All good now
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:20 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroskoc View Post
Ok a few things to suggest/report.

First, I think it'd be nice to have different effect/detrimentals alignments, I replaced yours by another myself because I didn't like how it was ordered. Specifically a top left to bottom right would be good, but just saying not a big issue.

Now my problem is with the group stuff. When I'm not in a group, if I hover on the group window, I still get the cure config and the quick cast buttons popping up on the "first member". I'd like to hide these when not grouped. Might not be an issue when you have your group window on a side, but being a healer yet liking to keep an eye on the action, I have my group window very close to the center of my screen, it's annoying when soloing though.

Another thing about the cures, I'm wondering if it'd be possible to simply have one button(preferably a big one) to cure people instead of having to click on the particular cure. Again as a healer, I don't really care if someone has noxious or elemental or whatever, I just cure everything, so I'd rather not have to click in different places when curing and just press cure on a big button.

Finally, an option to have your own healthbar in the group member window would be good. Again, because as a healer it's easier to see your own health if it's with the others than if it's somewhere different. Obviously you can move your personnal bar close to the group but it doesn't mesh very well with all the additional stuff.

I'm just commenting on my feelings about the UI though, I don't really expect these to go live soonish/ever, I'm gonna edit the files myself, but I felt some people might like those ideas too.
For the effects window and sorting options, we'll see. I might just make it an in-game editable option, as it should be possible.

The hover buttons showing with no group/raid members should be fixed soon. I noticed it recently as well.
Having your own health in the group window is also something I would like to implement, but it would limit the window to being horizontal or vertical in one line only (group members are automatically placed on window size, and adding a group member of yourself wouldn't be automatically taken into account with the hard coding)

As for the cure, I would have to do something like a 2x2 block, as just putting the detrimental icons on top of each other wouldn't be a good idea, as there are a lot of uncurable detriments that would cover up curable ones (it would be hard to tell if people had debuffs or not). So I think the a mini 2 by 2 icon box the same size of the current icons might work out.

Thanks for the feedback!
-Drum
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

About the cure, I wasn't specifically thinking of a one icon button that would display detrimental, I'd leave the current detrimental indicators to see what and how many debuffs people have, but on the side of the health bar, about 12x12(or something like that forgot what the healthbar+power bar is in size, but it's around 10-12), and that'd be the button you press to cure that person. Maybe only display it if you're a healer(or toggle in options), but I find somewhat annoying that I have to click on such small icons that all around my group window while trying to keep an eye on healthbars/positionning, when I could more easily press the big button when something lights up. I'm on the way of making one myself, but not knowing anything about coding, it's mostly copy paste and code editing, which ends up being pretty ugly usually(but works fine). Already frankensteined the other suggestion out of your code ^^.

But thanks for the quick answers and great job on the UI, it's really quite useful. I cry a little on the inside everytime I think about how I could custom my UI in wow when I play lotro or EQ2, so this is like a benediction.
Unread 02-23-2010, 05:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Bag size, amount in stack

If you set the icon size option for bags to less than 26 the number that appears over an item icon that tells you how many items of that kind are in the stack will disappear. Is there any way to display those numbers with <26 icon size? You can still see the numbers if you click and drag, but then you have to wave around the stack trying to see the numbers before the icon updates position under the mouse again. So the numbers look like the still fit, they just aren't being shown after reducing icon size below 26.

Also on the bags, can I ask for a toggle option in the bag options menu to remove the top left and top right buttons on the bags? I open/close my bags with a hotkey, and I don't need the top left button as a handle for drag and drop because I position all of my bags and then lock them into place. The buttons are pretty much just an annoyance to me. All you would need to re-access the bag options menu is an empty slot to right-click, but I would rather deal with that once in a UI-update than have those icons every time I use my bags.
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'll see about the bag icons. If there is an easy way to do it without impacting others for the hover buttons/drag icon, then I'll give it ago.

As for the stack size disappearing, I'm not sure if there is anyway to do that. Might be able to make the font smaller, but it may not help any. I shall check into it.

Cheers!
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
If you set the icon size option for bags to less than 26 the number that appears over an item icon that tells you how many items of that kind are in the stack will disappear. Is there any way to display those numbers with <26 icon size?
I don't remember if the command applied to bags, too, but for hotbars it is:
/hotbar_nolabel_limit <size>
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a similar option for the bag slots.
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I don't remember if the command applied to bags, too, but for hotbars it is:
/hotbar_nolabel_limit <size>
That worked perfectly!
/hotbar_nolabel_limit 20
All bags minimized and showing stack numbers, thanks a lot!
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Oh sweet
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
Would it be possible to add a hideable scroll bar to the quest helper window. Perhaps make the scroll bar part of the border so that it can be hidden until cursored over. I tend to leave quite a few quests on the helper and the only way to scroll them is the wheel (which is sluggish).
I'm going to add this in today probably. It should auto-hide the scrollbar if it doesn't need to scroll, and when not mousing over the window.
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:02 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

Just a cosmetic question...

Why doesn't the player window's appearance match the group window's? And why the raid window border thingy?

Also, I love the ability to switch from percentage to absolute numbers on player window, would love the same on group window.

And, are the group window c2cure thingies also "smart"?

Last edited by chriswebstar : 02-25-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebstar View Post
Just a cosmetic question...

Why doesn't the player window's appearance match the group window's? And why the raid window border thingy?

Also, I love the ability to switch from percentage to absolute numbers on player window, would love the same on group window.

And, are the group window c2cure thingies also "smart"?
The latest version of the player window matches the group window. Raid window border just been in there since forever.

And yes group click to cure has a "smart" check
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:59 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

Awesome

Three things I'd like to see about this UI:
  • Configure maintained window icon size & padding.
  • Heal & Power numbers beside group members, same as player window
  • Slightly bigger (or configurable, dunno how hard that is) c2cure icon size on group members (and smaller on player window)

It would be fair to just hint me in the right direction if you didn't want to do these, I'd do them myself. I'm poking it right now on a raid, so I'm basically coming up with stuff as I use/notice it.
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.6

Update Log:
v1.6 - 2010.02.25
- Update: Active Quest helper font has been changed to pre-SF font. Window now shows a scrollbar when appropriate.
- Fix: Target/implied window effects shouldn't be overlapping by a few pixels anymore
- Fix: Group window quick buttons no longer display over non-existant group member slots
- Fix: Tradeskill window no longer shows writ timer filler text. It won't show writ timer text at all until SOE can put a fix in.
- Fix: Tracking window con colors are now properly aligned

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.5)

Be sure to check out the new DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 02-26-2010, 12:27 AM
A Brown Bear

Is there a way to make the text shadows in the chat window the default. I have to check it each time and want it on full time to make it easier to read chat text.