EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Exclamation GU43 - Read This

How do I see loot says my ui doesnt support it. Cant loot anything ugh. Is there a update for this yet and if not what can I do.

Update by gm9:

Ignore this thread, just download the new version.

Last edited by gm9 : 03-04-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

i assume the short term work around is going to be to temporarily remove one of the xml files that pertains to the loot window (like we had to do with the new inventory window until it got updated).

problem is i don't know which one to remove. if anyone can post it here as soon as poss, it would be greatly appreciated by all i'm sure.
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh, is GU43 already live then? I did not know that. Delete your eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml until I update. I've got the files already done, update will be made available after I get home from work.
A Coastal Crab

My patcher still shows servers down, so maybe after the servers come back up it'll get worked out? :P
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

yeah i deleted eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml from the prophetui folder and it works fine till the replacement is ready.

the servers are up (well perma is anyway), even though patch notes says they're down.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
update will be made available after I get home from work.
No excuse, gm9!! You should carry all the necessary files and/or have remote access to everything you need to do in order to appease your fan base!!

J/K, man. I'm sure all your hard work is appreciated, and everyone can wait until you can push the update through.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-04-2008, 12:16 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Lol Shadow, I'm just glad I'm only a modder - if I was a dev they might now be throwing stones asking for my immediate replacement.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuggie View Post
Cant find that file I see eq2ui_inventory_market and thats it ugh. Help.
Look again, if you did not have that file the game would not complain.

EDIT: Look in your \UI\ProfitUI folder of course.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:24 PM
A Coastal Crab

U cant pick up the shineys. I assume this will be fixed this after noon with the loot window?
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Everything should be fixed, and you'll also get an optional reuse countdown timer on your hotbars if you are patient while you wait.

I'll get back to do some work now...
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Post Appreciate hard work

I just wanted to say I love this ui used fetish befor but this 1s loads better for me. as for GU43 take your time no hurry it works fine, just if you use auto updater, you wont beable to till new file keeps wanting to upate file you delete...
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalaber View Post
I just wanted to say I love this ui used fetish befor but this 1s loads better for me. as for GU43 take your time no hurry it works fine, just if you use auto updater, you wont beable to till new file keeps wanting to upate file you delete...
You can put the file on ignore on the updater until I update, but don't go hammer the update server (I remember it went down after RoK release, lol). It's easier to add ProfitUI to your favorites on here, then you will get an email notification once I update.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Quote:
Oh, is GU43 already live then? I did not know that. Delete your eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml until I update. I've got the files already done, update will be made available after I get home from work.
I was going to write you a pm yesterday evening, but forgot about it :P

The official forum's Community Relations and Developer Tracker are available as rss feed, good things to have on your feed reader (as Gnobrin announced the GU coming live today)
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

See, it's Kaldran's fault.

I have the dev tracker on RSS, but I usually don't care about Gnobrin's bs, so I don't have the community guys...

EDIT: Meh, they announced it only yesterday - giving us more time to prepare would be too much to ask for I guess..

Last edited by gm9 : 03-04-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:46 PM
A Griffon

You don't have the files available, do you? I could push them out then (if they work on preGU as well)

Last edited by Kaldran : 03-04-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
(if they work on preGU as well)
That's the only reason I did not push them yet, I never found time to test that, although they probably would work.

Why do you ask, are localized servers getting the update later? Hmm, I'm so out of the loop...
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
See, it's Kaldran's fault.

I have the dev tracker on RSS, but I usually don't care about Gnobrin's bs, so I don't have the community guys...

EDIT: Meh, they announced it only yesterday - giving us more time to prepare would be too much to ask for I guess..
They announced that it would go Live today during the Dev Chat last week, but nothing was posted until late last night. They even posted about the store being down, but that the servers would remain up... lol
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
That's the only reason I did not push them yet, I never found time to test that, although they probably would work.

Why do you ask, are localized servers getting the update later? Hmm, I'm so out of the loop...
The european servers usually come down at 0600 CET the next day once an update goes live. Having them down in prime time all the time would be pretty annoying.
Unread 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Usually live updates hit on Wednesdays, that's why I was surprised.

And presumably I won't get off from work until long after midnight anyway Kaldran, so that won't be an issue. UK servers often get patched during the day btw, at least that's what I remember from the last couple of GUs.
Unread 03-04-2008, 01:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
UK servers often get patched during the day btw, at least that's what I remember from the last couple of GUs.
Pretty sure they are on the same schedule as the i18n servers. At least by now.
Expansions are released at the same time on all servers though...

Last edited by Kaldran : 03-04-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Unread 03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis
Default Gu43

hello,
My husband installed Profit UI for me awhile ago and i am still very unfamiliar with it. Where do i go to get to my profit UI folder ? I have gone to the updater, settings, ignored files and double clicked the EQ2 ui_Inventory_Inventory.xml thinking that that might work but when i logged back into the game i was faced with the same problem.
Any helpfull step by step response would be great.

thank you

Kendraa
Unread 03-04-2008, 02:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you installed EQ2 in the default path, opening an explorer window and pasting this in the address bar will take you right there after you hit Enter:

%ProgramFiles%\Everquest II\UI\ProfitUI

Then delete eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml from that folder and don't run the updater again until I updated the files or you need to repeat the above.
Unread 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis
Default Gu43

I found it thank you so very much!
Unread 03-04-2008, 04:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Kudos for keeping up the updates on this gm9. You rock!

~ edit by gm9: closed because new version is available now ~

Last edited by gm9 : 03-04-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Closed Thread