EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   GU43 - Read This (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10497)

doombuggie 03-04-2008 11:57 AM

GU43 - Read This

How do I see loot says my ui doesnt support it. Cant loot anything ugh. Is there a update for this yet and if not what can I do.

Update by gm9:

Ignore this thread, just download the new version.

deepfred 03-04-2008 12:04 PM

i assume the short term work around is going to be to temporarily remove one of the xml files that pertains to the loot window (like we had to do with the new inventory window until it got updated).

problem is i don't know which one to remove. if anyone can post it here as soon as poss, it would be greatly appreciated by all i'm sure.

gm9 03-04-2008 12:04 PM

Oh, is GU43 already live then? I did not know that. Delete your eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml until I update. I've got the files already done, update will be made available after I get home from work.

Kerith_Najena 03-04-2008 12:04 PM

My patcher still shows servers down, so maybe after the servers come back up it'll get worked out? :P

deepfred 03-04-2008 12:13 PM

yeah i deleted eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml from the prophetui folder and it works fine till the replacement is ready.

the servers are up (well perma is anyway), even though patch notes says they're down.

ShadowProwler420 03-04-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 70183)
update will be made available after I get home from work.

No excuse, gm9!! You should carry all the necessary files and/or have remote access to everything you need to do in order to appease your fan base!! :p

J/K, man. I'm sure all your hard work is appreciated, and everyone can wait until you can push the update through. :)

gm9 03-04-2008 12:16 PM

Lol Shadow, I'm just glad I'm only a modder - if I was a dev they might now be throwing stones asking for my immediate replacement. :D

gm9 03-04-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doombuggie (Post 70189)
Cant find that file I see eq2ui_inventory_market and thats it ugh. Help.

Look again, if you did not have that file the game would not complain. ;)

EDIT: Look in your \UI\ProfitUI folder of course.

Duvoo 03-04-2008 12:24 PM

U cant pick up the shineys. I assume this will be fixed this after noon with the loot window?

gm9 03-04-2008 12:27 PM

Everything should be fixed, and you'll also get an optional reuse countdown timer on your hotbars if you are patient while you wait. :p

I'll get back to do some work now...

Xcalaber 03-04-2008 12:37 PM

Appreciate hard work

I just wanted to say I love this ui used fetish befor but this 1s loads better for me. as for GU43 take your time no hurry it works fine, just if you use auto updater, you wont beable to till new file keeps wanting to upate file you delete...:D

gm9 03-04-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalaber (Post 70198)
I just wanted to say I love this ui used fetish befor but this 1s loads better for me. as for GU43 take your time no hurry it works fine, just if you use auto updater, you wont beable to till new file keeps wanting to upate file you delete...:D

You can put the file on ignore on the updater until I update, but don't go hammer the update server (I remember it went down after RoK release, lol). It's easier to add ProfitUI to your favorites on here, then you will get an email notification once I update. :)

Kaldran 03-04-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 70183)
Oh, is GU43 already live then? I did not know that. Delete your eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml until I update. I've got the files already done, update will be made available after I get home from work.

I was going to write you a pm yesterday evening, but forgot about it :P

The official forum's Community Relations and Developer Tracker are available as rss feed, good things to have on your feed reader (as Gnobrin announced the GU coming live today) ;)

gm9 03-04-2008 12:45 PM

See, it's Kaldran's fault. :p

I have the dev tracker on RSS, but I usually don't care about Gnobrin's bs, so I don't have the community guys...

EDIT: Meh, they announced it only yesterday - giving us more time to prepare would be too much to ask for I guess..

Kaldran 03-04-2008 12:46 PM

:eek:

You don't have the files available, do you? I could push them out then (if they work on preGU as well)

gm9 03-04-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaldran (Post 70205)
(if they work on preGU as well)

That's the only reason I did not push them yet, I never found time to test that, although they probably would work.

Why do you ask, are localized servers getting the update later? Hmm, I'm so out of the loop...

Sariana57 03-04-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 70204)
See, it's Kaldran's fault. :p

I have the dev tracker on RSS, but I usually don't care about Gnobrin's bs, so I don't have the community guys...

EDIT: Meh, they announced it only yesterday - giving us more time to prepare would be too much to ask for I guess..

They announced that it would go Live today during the Dev Chat last week, but nothing was posted until late last night. They even posted about the store being down, but that the servers would remain up... lol

Kaldran 03-04-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 70207)
That's the only reason I did not push them yet, I never found time to test that, although they probably would work.

Why do you ask, are localized servers getting the update later? Hmm, I'm so out of the loop...

The european servers usually come down at 0600 CET the next day once an update goes live. Having them down in prime time all the time would be pretty annoying.

gm9 03-04-2008 01:04 PM

Usually live updates hit on Wednesdays, that's why I was surprised.

And presumably I won't get off from work until long after midnight anyway Kaldran, so that won't be an issue. UK servers often get patched during the day btw, at least that's what I remember from the last couple of GUs.

Kaldran 03-04-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 70212)
UK servers often get patched during the day btw, at least that's what I remember from the last couple of GUs.

Pretty sure they are on the same schedule as the i18n servers. At least by now.
Expansions are released at the same time on all servers though...

Seesial 03-04-2008 02:29 PM

Gu43

hello,
My husband installed Profit UI for me awhile ago and i am still very unfamiliar with it. Where do i go to get to my profit UI folder ? I have gone to the updater, settings, ignored files and double clicked the EQ2 ui_Inventory_Inventory.xml thinking that that might work but when i logged back into the game i was faced with the same problem.
Any helpfull step by step response would be great.

thank you

Kendraa

gm9 03-04-2008 02:36 PM

If you installed EQ2 in the default path, opening an explorer window and pasting this in the address bar will take you right there after you hit Enter:

%ProgramFiles%\Everquest II\UI\ProfitUI

Then delete eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml from that folder and don't run the updater again until I updated the files or you need to repeat the above. :)

Seesial 03-04-2008 02:44 PM

Gu43

I found it thank you so very much!

Kirianna 03-04-2008 04:20 PM

Kudos for keeping up the updates on this gm9. You rock!

~ edit by gm9: closed because new version is available now ~