EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 05-08-2009, 04:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Crafted Items Logger!

Well, I think this would be a very easy to implement add-on. Sadly, don't know how to code add-ons myself or I'd give it a shot .

Anyways, this would just be a quick and simple tooltip modification, when hovering over something in your recipe book. The concept is simple, we get Bonus XP for crafting things we haven't made before - so why not optimize on that.

So, somewhere in the tooltip (below the recipes name for example), it will say something to the effect of "Previously Crafted" or "Never crafted before"... colors for those two wouldn't hurt either .

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that SOE doesn't forward along the items that a player has already crafted, so this would be something that the mod would track itself using an external file or some such as a log.
Unread 05-08-2009, 04:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHand View Post
Well, I think this would be a very easy to implement add-on.
I think the general rule is that as soon as someone makes a request starting with these words then in fact the requested mod would be impossible to implement.

However, SOE already provides what you asked for anyway, because the tooltip already shows whether you have already created the item or not via the icons at the bottom: if the rightmost icon is a question mark ? then you didn't.
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I think the general rule is that as soon as someone makes a request starting with these words then in fact the requested mod would be impossible to implement.
It would only be hard to difficult if SOE doesn't allow logging and such. In which case, add-on's are resistricted to nearly pure visual modifications which makes me sad.*glances over at WoW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
However, SOE already provides what you asked for anyway, because the tooltip already shows whether you have already created the item or not via the icons at the bottom: if the rightmost icon is a question mark ? then you didn't.
See?! It's so easy thats it's already done!
Unread 05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

All data that is filled by hard coding, and nothing that is altered by editable XML.

If the tooltips were accessible to retrieve data from.... then maybe