EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-01-2009, 05:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost
Default So whos taking over???

So I hope someone will step up and keep this UI current. On test with the spell name changes click to cures DO NOT work. I would really like to know if someones updating this UI before GU52 hits live.
Thanks
Unread 06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
A Berserk Golem

Yep - I was on test and getting error message "only while tradeskilling" when I tried to use click-to-cure buttons. I was able to update the quick raid buttons to use the new spell names though. I hope this gets picked up before this goes live.
Unread 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

I would be happy to help update the UI in the interim.
Unread 06-01-2009, 05:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12927
Unread 06-01-2009, 07:06 PM
A Weald Wolf
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by primamezzo View Post
Yep - I was on test and getting error message "only while tradeskilling" when I tried to use click-to-cure buttons. I was able to update the quick raid buttons to use the new spell names though. I hope this gets picked up before this goes live.
I guess it's caused by the new spell naming system, apparently SOE messed up the priority between the tradeskill spells and adventure spells

here's temp hotfix
Attached Files
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Cures.txt (3.7 KB, 303 views)
Unread 06-02-2009, 05:52 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Hmm what is the difference between that supplied file and the default profit supplied file?

I have been getting "only while tradeskilling..." error for quite some time now. it is a bit of an annoyance, but nothing more. it doesnt stop me from doing anything nor cancel any queue. Oh, I play a swashie.
Unread 06-02-2009, 06:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Nice, lol. What's the status of your new default UI project btw?
Unread 06-10-2009, 06:20 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
OMG that would rock!! Please please update this wonderful UI.. I think it would be safe to say many many folks would be really really happy if you did.. even if it is on a temp basis..
Unread 06-10-2009, 06:26 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Nice, lol. What's the status of your new default UI project btw?
What's this "Default UI Project" you talk about?

I dream that one day SoE will adopt Profit UI as it's default UI and keep the original one as an option for those that do not want to use a custom UI.

Wonder what the odds are of that happening :-(
Unread 06-10-2009, 06:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunder40 View Post
What's this "Default UI Project" you talk about?
Haha not likely that they'll adopt an existing UI from here, and ProfitUI is certainly too complex for a default UI. I was referring to this discussion: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12117
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:28 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Haha not likely that they'll adopt an existing UI from here, and ProfitUI is certainly too complex for a default UI. I was referring to this discussion: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12117
I don't see what is so complex about Profit.. If anything, it simplifies and organizes things better. Yea there is much more info displayed versus the default but that is a good thing. Like anything else, there is a learning curve we all have to go through with something new.. When I first started playing using the default it took a bit to learn it..

I would think there would have to be an in game help area as most every app has now a days but I do believe Profit could easily be the default UI or an alternative to it (Players have a choice).

Last edited by Drunder40 : 06-10-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Unread 06-10-2009, 04:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunder40 View Post
I don't see what is so complex about Profit.. If anything, it simplifies and organizes things better. Yea there is much more info displayed versus the default but that is a good thing. Like anything else, there is a learning curve we all have to go through with something new.. When I first started playing using the default it took a bit to learn it..

I would think there would have to be an in game help area as most every app has now a days but I do believe Profit could easily be the default UI or an alternative to it (Players have a choice).
...... When the person who worked on ProfitUI for over a year says it is complex. (Which it is extremely clustered) How can you even argue that? I think making the default UI Profit straight out (with no choice) would be a bad move. Overall a default UI should be fairly simplistic (which Profit is not) and have the information you need. (which Profit has OVERKILL of)
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejima View Post
...... When the person who worked on ProfitUI for over a year says it is complex. (Which it is extremely clustered) How can you even argue that?
Has been over 3 years my friend.

But of course he can argue the point, actually I was quite happy to hear his opinion. Whether or not there is overkill is a matter of preference, but what I actually meant by complex is that ProfitUI Reborn is more complex than the current default UI in that it does not simply display information but contains a considerable amount of automation, hidden settings, invisible buttons, configurable options, etc., some of which assume a certain level of understanding of game mechanics. I liked it that way and apparently so did Drunder, but I can understand that some people shy away from that. Of course Drunder has a point that you have to learn any UI.

The issue with offering an alternative default UI which is considerably different is that SOE would need to maintain both of them which (believe me) can be considerable work, so I do not think this would be a viable option for them given the amount of development resources available to the game at this point in its life.
Unread 06-11-2009, 06:53 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Has been over 3 years my friend.

But of course he can argue the point, actually I was quite happy to hear his opinion. Whether or not there is overkill is a matter of preference, but what I actually meant by complex is that ProfitUI Reborn is more complex than the current default UI in that it does not simply display information but contains a considerable amount of automation, hidden settings, invisible buttons, configurable options, etc., some of which assume a certain level of understanding of game mechanics. I liked it that way and apparently so did Drunder, but I can understand that some people shy away from that. Of course Drunder has a point that you have to learn any UI.

The issue with offering an alternative default UI which is considerably different is that SOE would need to maintain both of them which (believe me) can be considerable work, so I do not think this would be a viable option for them given the amount of development resources available to the game at this point in its life.

I thought you meant from a players perspective. From a developmental perspective then I will take you word for it as I am in no way savvy in that area. SoE's UI team could support taking on this UI and I believe one already stepped up to the plate and offered to support it if only temporary. They may have to beef the team up a bit but the UI team is already in place.

For samejima, My suggestion was to give the player a choice.. the current default or a custom UI (Profit).

It is NOT profit that has the "Overkill" of info.. it is the game. Profit just makes much more info available to the player by default. That means (to me) I am not wasting time digging for info. It is right in front of me (For the most part). Having to constantly dig for the info you want is nothing but annoying. Having to dig for info during a raid is just more crap to do when I am already quite busy.

The fact that you can just click the cure button on the player bar to cure vice clicking a specific cure pot is pretty sweet from a raid/group perspective. How is that more difficult than the default UI?

I could go on and on but the point is is that Profit is not that difficult to learn and incorporates features to make the game more enjoyable and less annoying. Yea all the info displayed can be a bit intimidating at first but once you get the feel for this UI, life is good..

Anyway.. I can still hope SoE will adopt my suggestion as unlikely as it may seem..

Last edited by Drunder40 : 06-11-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Unread 06-14-2009, 10:40 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost

Is anyone taking the lead to organizing the community to keep Profit alive?

I've seen a few that offered to help update, I would as well, I haven't seen anyone offer to help deconflict and make sure that folks aren't working on the same fixes, while leaving others unattended too, with GU52 on the horizon.
Unread 06-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Chrislau has a updated version with his Catalyst build. Nothing is stopping any one from making their own version.

Truth be told every UI's here is based off other UIs. Its every ones ideas bundled onto the authors canvas the way they like things. Of course some things in a UI is something a author came up with on their own but not all. So nothing is stopping you from taking profit or any other UI and twisting into something you like. If you feel others will like and want the labors of making it public then go for it.