EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-29-2005, 12:50 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default send colored in-game text

ever wanted to spruce up your pull messages? or other macros that need attention, well now you can. when i started playing around with item links that was what i wanted to accomplish and i finally figured it out, in the logs there were some lines that used a format like \#ffff00You have gained xxx status points! so i figured since we can recreate item links just like they are sent to the log text coloring might work too, but to no avail, it just didn't work. then after playing around i figured it out.

the basic form "\#RRGGBBText to be colored here", the trick is in how you input the text. as soon as you complete the \#RRGGBB section it disappears and colors the text immediately afterward, so the trick is not to complete that section until all the text you want colored is in after it. the method i used is to replace the proper slash with the improper /,
so i'd type "/#FF0000message to be colored" and bring the cursor to the / and delete it and replace it with the \, the code will then disappear and the text will be colored red in the text box.

included is an explanation image(not a pretty one) to better illustrate the process

-edit fixed image text
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	colortext.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	2137  

Last edited by sardiaxx : 03-29-2005 at 02:36 PM.