Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 09-16-2008, 07:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default downloaded UI isn't coming up when i log in

Someone plz help-

I recently downloaded the ProfitUI, and i followed all the steps, downloaded it, unzipped the files and put them in my EQ2 folder. However when I log in it still doesn't show the one I downloaded. I tried /load_uisettings but didnt see ProfitUI there either. I'm not sure what to do, I tried the FAQ but didn't get a word of it lol.

Again I've downloaded the files, unzipped them and put them in my EQ2 folder (I was helped by someone) but it still isn't showing it when I log in.

Thanks-
supar
Unread 09-16-2008, 07:54 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

In the C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II folder you should have an EQ2.ini file that has a line that is similar to this:

cl_ui_skinname UINameHere

where UINameHere is the exact name of the UI folder that should be located in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\UINameHere.

Make sure that you don't have a duplicate name like this:

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\UINameHere\UINameHere

or some such. Hope that helps.
Unread 09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well I have a folder in the eq2 folder you were talking about that says UI, however it doesn't have the link like u say skiname_ something, the folder name is just UI, and it's in my eq2 folder, when I double click that it opens up a link to the ProfitUI i downloaded, which I put in there.

Still isn't working =/

Well i just found something but i 90% think it has nothing to do with it, i have a folder called uibuilder and it isnt unzipped yet, should i unzip it or will that help with anything?

Last edited by supar : 09-16-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Found something..
Unread 09-16-2008, 08:33 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

In your C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuestII\UI folder, there should be the following folders; <Default>, <Fonts>, and <MYUI>, with <MYUI> being the folder you put your custom UI files into. Yes, you can name it about anything you want, but it HAS to match what is in the .ini file. I would chose something easy, no spaces or fancy characters, and not real long. Mine is called MAPS, because that was the first mod I put in. All my mods go in there. My .ini file is as follows:

cl_ui_skinname MAPS
cl_ui_subdir UI/

When you open the UI\MYUI folder, you should have the custom .XML files and any support files and folders that go with it.

Don't give up, there is always someone here that can help steer you in the right direction.

Dave
Unread 09-17-2008, 02:36 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

For ProfitUI just follow the ProfitUI installation instructions for either the manual or the auto-updating download, you do not need to edit any files.
Unread 09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wait hold on, someone told me I had to load notepad and make the following text file about the
cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

I went ahead and made a text file and copy/pasted this in. Then i saved it in my eq2 folder, however when i go there and click on the folder that it saved my text file, instead of saying the the code it said: Cannot find xml. files Cannot find xml.files

I have no idea what went wrong, I made the textile like someone said and saved it in my eq2 folder. To the person who asked me to check if there was a MYUI folder in my eq2/UI folder there isnt lol. There is only fonts and defaults however there is a ProfitUI folder but i saved it in there. Do i need to reinstall the profit UI? i have a whole separate folder called 2.02325 or something like that that has ALL of the profitUI stuff i think, I already said sent to my eq2 folder and I guess it showed up but not sure.

No success yet, though ty for all the help so far plz keep posting
-supar
Unread 09-29-2008, 11:46 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

The text file needs to be named eq2.ini
Make sure its not eq2.ini.txt
Unread 09-30-2008, 02:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I repeat: Just follow the installations instructions, no need to edit anything.
Unread 10-03-2008, 07:36 PM
A Sea Turtle

I just ran the auto updater and am having problems as well. The map ui works the chat while zoning works and thats about it all the other windows are default and /load the ui all it does is set up where all the windows go and i cannot load the UI prophit because all it lists is the default ui.

I have used prophit forever on my other pc and have never had problems.

update just tryed to manualy install the ui .

The manual install worked fine no issues.

Last edited by Cowsfly : 10-03-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Unread 10-03-2008, 08:57 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowsfly View Post
I just ran the auto updater and am having problems as well. The map ui works the chat while zoning works and thats about it all the other windows are default and /load the ui all it does is set up where all the windows go and i cannot load the UI prophit because all it lists is the default ui.
If you're using the /loadui command, don't. It's known to not correctly and completely load the UI, and should only be used by experienced UI developers and modders who know how it's going to mangle things and are prepared for it. You need to edit eq2.ini in your EQ2 program directory to point to the ProfitUI folder, as described in the installation instructions. Profit also needs to be installed in the ProfitUI folder under the UI folder, also as described in the installation instructions.
Unread 10-04-2008, 12:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
You need to edit eq2.ini in your EQ2 program directory to point to the ProfitUI folder, as described in the installation instructions.
Ok, that does it, if you guys think you can go on ignoring me:
YOU DO NOT NEED TO EDIT ANYTHING!

If ProfitUI does not load you installed incorrectly, i.e. either to the wrong folder (probably Cowsfly) or by not extracting all the files from the manual archive. Many people have several EQ2 installations due to the wonders of SOE's launchpad. Find the one you are really playing with and install to that folder.

READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!

Closing this down before I pop a vein, lol.
Closed Thread