EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Chat window

Ok, so after this last update things got really jacked! I couldn't login until the platform team did something on their side to fix the issue. Anyway, my chat window has changed. I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue including removing the entire UI but its not working right. I just got it to appear but only 1 or 2 tabs will appear and the window just doesn't look right. Any suggestions to fix the issue would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I'm still rather new to using a custom UI. I thought when I did the install it would start right up but it didn't. I had to use the /laodui command which from what I understand can be a bad thing. I'm wondering if when I removed the UI and re-installed it, I didn't do a very clean remove/install job.

Thanks!

Snaxs

Last edited by Snaxs : 09-11-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Unread 09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

No love...
Unread 09-18-2008, 02:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is other than issues with the chat window not displaying tabs correctly, but if you think it's a hosed installation, you can try renaming the folder of your UI located at C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest2\UI\UINameHere to something else, then reload the UI back to that same location and make sure the EQ2.ini file which is up 2 levels at the Everquest2 folder shows the correct UI folder name in there. (Same as UINameHere in the above path) Hope that helps some, though I know it's a little vague.
Unread 09-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

whats wrong with the chat window other then it has 2 tabs and doesn't look right? Doesn't look right as in how vs normal. What chat mod did you try to install and did you read How do i install a interface?
Unread 09-19-2008, 05:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unless there was something different about the latest UI update the chat window looks nothing like the rest of the UI. It looks like it might be the default window. I had the same UI installed but an older version and the chat window had about 6 tabs that all had different categories listed. After I had the problem trying to log in and the UI got jacked up, I decided to DL the latest version just so I would have a clean install and no corrupted files. Anyway, the new UI install didn't take. I must have missed a file in there somewhere but no idea which one. I thought I clean all the old files out... maybe I missed some .ini file. Anyway, chat window looks odd and I'm in the process of trying to setup new tabs... which pretty much sucks.

Thanks guys.

Snaxs
Unread 09-19-2008, 09:39 AM
A Griffon
Featured

You still haven't told us which UI you're using. There's several out there. And if the window came with preset tabs, than it probably came with a INI file.

NMITH ( need more information to help )
Unread 09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

pffttt.. I thought the Profit UI was the only true UI out there? I mean, thats what all the real men use! LOL! Ok, enough of that nonsense. Yeah, I'm using the Profit UI. Sorry about that, my bad.

Thanks again.

Snaxs
Unread 09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

LMAO @ the real men thing.

As to your problem, it's easiest to try a clean install, see the red line in my sig.

PS: Moved your thread into the real men's forum.
Unread 09-29-2008, 05:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, so did the old UI use a different chat window than the new one? The old chat window I remember had like 6 or 7 tabs on it, the new one has 2. I tell ya, I gotta be missing something somewhere. I tried the clean install and I still get everything but the cool chat window. It has two tabs which are Main Chat and Combat.

HELP MEH!! RAWR!

Yeah, I tried the clean install approach and then some! I got something buggy going on...
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The tabs are stored in the uisettings.ini file and are independent of the mod. You can easily add or remove tabs from any chat window.

You get the default ProfitUI tabs by loading the default ProfitUI UI setup (/load_uisettings or see FAQ for full install instructions).