EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-14-2008, 04:30 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Trouble with Updater

Ive installed the mod but the updater will not launch. I get a message that it could not connect and to change my proxy settings. When I load the game however, through EQ2Maps, all the UI things are there. Im just not able to update it. Anyone know the correct way to fix it?
Unread 05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

The Search function is your friend.

Try doing a search for 'proxy' in the ProfitUI Reborn forums.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 05-14-2008, 04:58 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Rather check the FAQ.
Unread 05-15-2008, 12:10 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

I also have this issue, tried what it suggests in the FAQ and am still getting it
Unread 05-15-2008, 12:16 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

All of it? Unfortunately we know of no other reasons why it might not work, so you will have to use the manual download.
Unread 05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default getting the change proxy settings prompt also

I have tried to remove all of the profit reborn files ( i believe I get em all) Do I have to have everything deleted to do a fresh install?. I opened eq2 and my ui is at game default. I downloaded the updater to file: sony\everquest II and unzipped it there then extracted all to same and when i go to run updater i get message "cannot connect and to change proxy settings". This is the first time i've ever had this problem with this ui. btw i had to do a system restore recently which is why i was having problems with the ui, one of which was i couldnt get the info center to work (was blank). I have looked through previous posts in the forum but didnt find anything associated. Am I installing to correct file?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as well, I just cant go back to the default ui!
Profit UI is the best!!

Thank You

Last edited by Mordoor : 05-16-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Unread 05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Bump to top
Unread 05-17-2008, 06:16 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Thumbs Up

Just a FYI, I ran it again this morning and it worked fine. Not done anything since posting before...
Unread 05-17-2008, 07:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Dismal, what file did you install to? I attempted to install to this path: Sony\everquest II. I put it to eq2 main file and hoped to let the updater take care of file management ( its what i did originally but it didnt work this time)
Do I have to remove eq2 map as well to do a complete removal of profit ui to do a fresh install? could this be why its not working? Im still getting prompted to change proxy settings. Like I said before I did do a system restore on my computer for other reasons and it messed with my profit ui and other programs too, fixed the others but im having problems getting this back.

Thanks

Last edited by Mordoor : 05-17-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Unread 05-18-2008, 11:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Check the FAQ as I said above, in particular the paragraph that starts with "NEW:" (I know I should rename that, it was new quite a while ago... ).
Unread 06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
A Brown Bear

I am getting th cannot connect, please check you network seetings and try again later. It also says Do you want to change your proxy settings. I don't even know anything about a proxy. I connect through a Lynksys router. I tried the FAQ %app% thing, but it still di not work.
Unread 06-11-2008, 05:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

same here not sure why it is doing it i have profit on two computers and it works fine on older computer but not my new computer settings are all the same not sure what is giving me this issue but if anyone finds a fixs please post
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok not sure why but i found profit reborn updater 1.09 i installed it and would not let it update to new version and it worked fine. after i updated my ui i ran it again and let it down load the newest ver of updater and the problem came back. so i uninstalled newest ver and reinstalled 1.09 and it works fine
Unread 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorris35 View Post
ok not sure why but i found profit reborn updater 1.09 i installed it and would not let it update to new version and it worked fine. after i updated my ui i ran it again and let it down load the newest ver of updater and the problem came back. so i uninstalled newest ver and reinstalled 1.09 and it works fine
Do you have Sun Java 6 installed? If you've only got Java 1.5, the updater may not work right after the point where it started to be built with Java 6.
Unread 06-12-2008, 11:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes i have java sun 6
Unread 06-16-2008, 08:53 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Blackburrow
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Rather check the FAQ.
I am still having trouble with proxy issue. I cant get into my bank at all everything else is working any help?
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheno View Post
I am still having trouble with proxy issue. I cant get into my bank at all everything else is working any help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Unfortunately we know of no other reasons why it might not work, so you will have to use the manual download.
. .
Unread 06-16-2008, 05:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

if you are talking about your EQ2 bank (because the ui that you have installed is out of date) then you can simply delete the bank window from the profit directory and use the default.

However if you are talking about your real bank because of a proxy error, then this is not the correct forum for that.