EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 09-26-2007, 02:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Runnyeye
Default Linking Loot

As the officer in charge of loot etc I found the clicking on the small picture in the loot pop up linking it in chat extremely useful.

I used the updater and updated the wonderful UI and unfortuantly I cannot now link the loot via the pop up.

It seems that the box holding the links to the browser is covering the small picture and so preventing the link from going into chat.

I tried right clicking to get window settings but nothing pops up .. am I just being stupid o is this a bug?

If not a bug anyway to either make the browser links movable or actually a way to get rid of the browser links totally.

Many thanks

Lanfeare
Defiant
Runnyeye
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeare View Post
a way to get rid of the browser links totally.
Just delete eq2ui_examine.xml if the links bother you. As for the other issue I'll check.
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:24 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeare View Post
I used the updater and updated the wonderful UI and unfortuantly I cannot now link the loot via the pop up.
I can't reproduce this. The links should in all cases be placed below the icon (and even the PvP checkbox below the icon if you're on PvP).

Does this happen to you for all loot or just specific items? If you have a specific item please post the link here and I'll try to reprodcue it with that.
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:34 PM
A Brown Bear

It is with every item, only happened after I used the patcher to update the UI the other day.

If removing that file helps then no biggy as I personally dont need the links to the sites.

Many thanks for the answer.. 8)

Lanfeare
Defiant
Runnyeye
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:39 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Strange, the patcher had the same file version as the manual download.

Make sure you exclude the file from the patcher or it will be downloaded again as soon as you patch.
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:41 PM
A Brown Bear

OK deleted the file you suggested and now not getting the browser links in the loot pop up but still no luck with the linking from the small icon in the corner.

Any other ideas? .. what is the file that uses the pop up maybe that has got corrupt along the lines somewhere. I could try deleting that and seeing if it repatches itself if you know which one it is.. 8)

Lanfeare
Defiant
Runnyeye

PS If I right click I get the menu up with the options to choose window settings etc but when I highlight them nothing happens.

Last edited by Lanfeare : 09-26-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Unread 09-26-2007, 05:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You mean the tooltip when you mouse over equipped items? You can't click that one. And you just deleted the other file for the examine window. Make sure your chat window is open and set to always chat here I guess, no idea otherwise.
Unread 09-27-2007, 02:52 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

I think you're misunderstanding the feature Lanfeare is asking about. When he says loot pop up I think he just means the item examine window.

Around GU #37 in July there was an unannounced feature added to the examine window.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8908

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...83037&#4339339

I haven't tried it but maybe your SearchAutomation page is covering up the icon?

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 09-27-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:07 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Works for me actually, so I guess it's not a general problem...
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No Othesus, I understood him well, see my first two responses, My examine window works fine, and he has the problem even with the default examine window.
Unread 09-27-2007, 07:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Seems this is getting even mo0re strange.

I use the same UI/layout etc for all my chars ... it works on the other chars and just not my main. Must be a problem somewhere my end.

Will have more of a play and see what I can find out.

Lanfeare
Defiant
Runnyeye
Unread 09-27-2007, 07:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Seems my runnyeye_lanfeare_eq2_uisettings.ini file was somehow corrupted. I deleted that file then imported a setting from another char and it cured the problem.

Many thanks for your help but so far .. fingers crossed .. it seems to be good again.. 8)
Unread 09-27-2007, 08:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Good to hear. True, those uisettings files sometimes get corrupted, although I admit I had not thought about that possibility in this case.
Closed Thread