EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-27-2005, 09:28 AM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default eq2login

EQ2login is a utility program which allows you to create a custom version of the eq2ui_loginscene.xml. In this file can be stored usernames and passwords for each account to which you have access as well as each character and its server. Selecting a particular character is as simple as clicking on its name.

The loginscene file itself is based on the one created by Mook and the editor, EQ2Login.exe, simply stores information in that file. No other record is kept of your username or password information.

Because of the way that EQ2Login is kept up to date (using Microsoft's new ClickOnce system), it is not possible to upload it to eq2interface.com in a form acceptable to this site. The ClickOnce technology will install it on your computer and then, each time it is run, will automatically check for updates.

If you are interested in trying this utility, I have created a home page for it at http://www.may.be/eq2login from where you can download the installer. The source code will be made available there shortly too. Please do mail me and let me know what you think of it and let me have any suggestions for it improvement.

Many thanks,
Sixes.
Unread 12-27-2005, 03:37 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Thanks for making a front-end for it. I know digging through all that XML with a text editor is intimidating for some.
Unread 12-27-2005, 05:09 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

So the only security breach would be if somehow someone was able to actually get into your machine and copy your loginscene.xml correct?
Unread 12-28-2005, 05:18 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

1) Uberrrrrr =D
That's all I have to say.

And thanks =D
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Good work.

I like how since I didn't have net framework 2.0, it asked for me to download it. That's nifty

The only problem I'm having is that my EQ2 directory is not my C: drive. Everytime I open the program it asks me to specify my EQ2 directory.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 12-28-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Unread 12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
Good work.
Thanks.

Quote:
I like how since I didn't have net framework 2.0, it asked for me to download it. That's nifty.
That's exactly why I did it that way rather than an upload to here. I couldn't face the support questions.

Quote:
The only problem I'm having is that my EQ2 directory is not my C: drive. Everytime I open the program it asks me to specify my EQ2 directory.
Ah, yes, it would. It now stores the path to the Everquest II root in the registry so that it can find it again. The program should update itself next time you run it.

Thanks for all the nice comments, folks.

Sixes.

Last edited by Sixes : 12-29-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Unread 12-29-2005, 02:45 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
So the only security breach would be if somehow someone was able to actually get into your machine and copy your loginscene.xml correct?
Yup. This setup rather presumes that all users of the machine are trusted.
Unread 02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default Update for Server Moves

In preparation for the server moves, I've uploaded a new version of the EQ2Login utility. After the 6th of February, a dialogue will pop up, asking if you want to change all the characters on any of the outgoing servers to their new server. As the transition is staggered, you can select each server individually or cancel and come back to it later.

At the same time, I have added in the facility to delete a character. Simply click Edit on the character and then Delete. The character will be removed from the list.