EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 03-03-2019, 11:28 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unkown
Question Listed windows and what they are used for

I was able to see a bunch of windows that I have never seen before when I first installed your UI. Because I don't know what these windows do, I'm not sure how useful they are. And when I go into the window settings, it doesn't give me any useful information. Some don't even tell me what the windows ARE. Is there a way to get a list of the functions for each window, so that we can decide where to put them and whether to even use them? I know most windows do have a function title, which can help figure out their use. But some, even with that title, it still doesn't tell me what it's used for. One example is a small window that has a lightning bolt (or what looks like a lightning bolt) to the left, with the rest of the window blank. What is that window for?
Unread 03-04-2019, 04:39 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Crushbone

If you click on the eq2 button on your xp bar and then Help there is an extra tab for DarqUI that explains most window functions.

The one with the arrow is like its name suggests for making gear macros. In the regular UI you can make macros to swap to a different item and cast it but not back, this window lets you set a delay and then it will swap the item back. Good examples for using this would be the Earring of Solstice for running speed, the Fishbone Earring for water breathing or the tradeskill weapons for evac (though on those you might want to set the delay to something like 10s as it can't swap back while you are evacing).

Disclaimer: If you find spelling mistakes, be proud, grab a cookie and then spent a thought about me having german as my mothertongue

Last edited by Pijotre : 03-04-2019 at 04:42 AM.
Unread 03-04-2019, 06:50 PM
A Berserk Golem

Maybe I'm articulating things incorrectly. I have no problem with understanding the more common windows. I have no problem with understanding windows with clear function names. However, there are windows that have NO names associated with them, even when I try going into the window settings. I will admit that there are windows that I'm unsure about, and I will try your suggestion and see if that clears up windows. But what do I do about the windows with no name whatsoever? Or even an icon or something? There are some windows that I can't even adequately describe.
Unread 03-04-2019, 06:57 PM
A Grove Wisp

A picture is worth a thousand words. If you dont know how to take specific captured area screenshots go here: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Free software and it frankly kicks all sorts of butt (as long as you turn off the drop zone which is simple to do if you read the right click / settings menu).
Unread 03-04-2019, 07:01 PM
A Berserk Golem

Ok, I'll look that link over, once I have a better idea of exactly what windows I have questions about. Usually I just ignore windows that I don't understand, because I've never used them in the past. But I am starting to try to get in the higher levels, and I suspect that those unused windows will turn out to be useful as I get higher level.
Unread 03-04-2019, 07:26 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Most of the unidentifiable windows will have a blue gem in the upper left-hand corner when you mouse over that area. Click that, and when the Window Manager appears click the purple [?] at the top. This will open the help window to the page specifically for that window, and almost always there will be a summary at the top explaining the basics.

Unread 03-04-2019, 09:42 PM
A Berserk Golem

Wonderful! I'm logging into the game in just a moment, and I'll look for that gem. Thank you so much for that information, I'm sure it will be very helpful.