EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Two Questions

I've got 2 questions I'm hoping someone might know how to answer.

First... When I originally started using the Fetish UI mod, the stat bar always came up right away when logging in. But for awhile now (I think since before LU31, I don't remember when it started) whenever I log in my stat bar is gone. I have to turn it on manually every time I log in now. I know a friend who has the same problem. But then another friend of mine doesn't have the problem. Why isn't it staying up all the time?

Second... On a completely different subject, and not necessarily Fetish related... I have 3 chat windows, and the main chat window auto-fades after there isn't any chat there for several seconds. (It vanishes completely until I mouse over it, start to type something myself, or until something new comes up in my chat window.) The other two remain up all the time. Is there some way to either get all my chat windows to auto-fade, or to disable the auto-fade in the main chat window?
Unread 03-07-2007, 04:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

From the FAQ for Fetish, found here: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Q: How do I get my Persona Bar to open when I first log in?

A: Custom windows like Personabar often do not save their settings unless you manually move them and tweak them via the "Window Settings" dialog.

To open the Personabar, use any of the following methods:

- Toggle the clock with Alt + C.
- Open the Persona window and click the small "P" button in the titlebar.
- Type the following chat command /show_window MainHud.Personabar (Caps matter).
As for the Chat windows, right click on the chatbox you like the fade settings of, and write them down, then open the window settings for the other two and change them to match.
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:00 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
From the FAQ for Fetish, found here: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6764

As for the Chat windows, right click on the chatbox you like the fade settings of, and write them down, then open the window settings for the other two and change them to match.
For the first part... Yes I know how to open my persona bar when I log in. I would like to know if there is a way to FORCE it to ALWAYS be on, so I don't HAVE to turn it on every single time I log in a character.

For the second part... Your answer is completely unrelated to my question. I am asking about the AUTOFADE feature of the main chat window where it vanishes completely after several seconds without any chat. That has absolutely ~nothing~ to do with the window settings.

Thank you for the response... But missed the mark on both.
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

1. As pointed out in the post above your answer is given in the FAQ:

Q: How do I get my Persona Bar to open when I first log in?

A: Custom windows like Personabar often do not save their settings unless you manually move them and tweak them via the "Window Settings" dialog.

2. It absolutely has to do with window settings. Window Opacity should be set to the far left for AutoFade to kick in after a few seconds. Once the window fades it will reappear once new chat comes in but will autofade again after a minute or so.
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:24 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Everfrost
Default Two Questions

1. The Persona bar can be set to always be open. But, after you set it to be open, and move it where you want it, you need to wait 2min for the settings to be backed up correctly. So, move it, set it, and wait a bit, before you log off the character.

2. The windows settings do NOT have anything to do with her error. I have my chat windows (all 5 of them) set to auto-fade. Sometimes, they work. Sometimes, they DONT. With no changes to the windows settings. I just deal with it, since I'm pretty sure its a SOE problem. The error window changes, without warning, and sometimes corrects itself. If the chat text is in the way, just right-click the window, and clear the text, after you have read it. The frames could still be in the way, so you might want to fade the frames also.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better fix.
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

OP's two secondary chat windows were not set to and fade (per the thread) and that needs to be set by the player initially. After that it should fade properly, unless the player gets the little soe bug that temporarily causes chat window's fade to bug out and not work properly. Usually camping and loading back in fixes it if it's bothering you that much.
Unread 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
OP's two secondary chat windows were not set to and fade (per the thread) and that needs to be set by the player initially. After that it should fade properly, unless the player gets the little soe bug that temporarily causes chat window's fade to bug out and not work properly. Usually camping and loading back in fixes it if it's bothering you that much.
So how DO you set your chat windows to auto-fade? And I'm not talking about the window opacity that you can set under windows settings... If you do set it ~somehow~ through the window settings, can someone explain how this is done please? Because as far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing in the window settings options that will allow you to set it to auto fade after a few seconds with no chat.

Just to clarify... The way my chat window opacity settings are...

Normal Settings:
Background: 50%
Frames: 0%

Mouseover Settings:
Background: 75%
Frames: 100%

When the main chat window auto-fades after a few seconds without any chat, it goes to 0% all around, so it vanishes completely until I mouse over it or more text comes up.
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

If your main chat is fading to 0% opacity, then you need to set the other two the same. Just copy the settings from the first over to the other two, the fade is already there, you just have to set what it fades to...

More than likely from what you've described at least, the main window is set to:
Normal Settings:
Background: 0%
Frames: 0%

The auto fade settings are in the options window, but all the chat windows will fade the same, they just need the same fade settings from the chat window options menu (R click the chat window).
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:49 PM
A Sea Turtle

I figured it out!!! Okay yes, it IS in the window settings. And I feel dense for not noticing this before.

There are 3 sections in the window settings...

Window
Title and Frames
Background

The Window setting is the key! I had it set to 100% on my other two chat windows, and at 0% on my main chat window. (That's how it is by default when you open a new chat window, even from the main chat window. It doesn't automatically copy your window settings from the main chat window.)

I set the other two windows to 0% under Window (the first option in the window settings, leaving the mouseover setting to 100%) and they now auto fade just like the main chat window.

Thanks everyone for trying to help me figure this out. Perhaps I was just being dense or something, but I just couldn't figure out what everyone was referring to. I finally noticed it myself when I was playing with my window settings, realizing that ONE setting was the difference between my main chat window and the other two.

*feels rather dense now, but at the same time very happy she figured it out*
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:23 PM
A Sea Turtle

I forgot to mention, about the Persona Bar/Stat Bar thing... I tried to move it around and put it where I want, locked it in place... Waited 10 minutes before switching to another character or logging out... When I came back to that character, it didn't come up again.

It's not like it's hard to turn it on, but I would REALLY like it if I could get it to ALWAYS show up, so I didn't have to turn it on every time I log in. (I have a lot of alts, and it isn't unusual for me to do a lot of alt hopping in every play session.)
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Ummmm..have you tried deleting (or backup/move it to a different location) you window placement file (SERVER_CHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini) file and have the game recreate it (or use a new one that Zonx may supply in the Fetish package)? I've been out of the game for a better part of a year, so I can't remember if doing this will require you to reset special transparency/opacity settings on your windows, but I'd start there (a corrupt settings file may be the cause of your issue with the stat bar).

/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-09-2007, 01:17 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
Ummmm..have you tried deleting (or backup/move it to a different location) you window placement file (SERVER_CHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini) file and have the game recreate it (or use a new one that Zonx may supply in the Fetish package)? I've been out of the game for a better part of a year, so I can't remember if doing this will require you to reset special transparency/opacity settings on your windows, but I'd start there (a corrupt settings file may be the cause of your issue with the stat bar).

/shrug
Not too long ago I was having some issues (SoE related) with my UI settings, and I started over completely from scratch at that point, deleting that file you mentioned. The stat/persona bar wouldn't come up automatically when logging in even before then, and I would think having only just started over recently it would have fixed that problem if that was the solution.

*sigh* It's not a big inconvenience, but I just wish I didn't have to turn it on again every time I log in.
Unread 03-09-2007, 07:17 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Blackburrow

I am not a UI modder but I have played with the same thing with another Stat bar. A lot of times UI authors will put a "show_..." command in another UI piece like that startbutton that forces it to start with the start button (which loads at login). Just a suggestion as I don't know fetish at all, but if it is like ThorUI you can pick and choose what pieces you want in the autoupdater, it could be that you don't have the piece that initiates the "show_.." command selected.

There are also some good posts on how to set this up yourself if you don't want to use that supplied piece or if it doesn't work. Do a search of the forums for 'show at login' and you can get lots of info like this: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ght=show+login I have followed these instructions at the bottom of page one and top of page two and it works great.

And not to sound rude, but you were given good answers, and if followed exactly would have fix your problem, to your post regarding your chat windows, you may want to be a little more considerate in your reply in the future as you won't get a lot of help if you aren't polite, these guys are all doing this voluntarily.

Gaitano
Unread 03-09-2007, 08:04 AM
A Sea Turtle

Thank you for the suggestion. I wouldn't have the first clue where to start looking for that, but I will check out that link sometime and see if it can help me.

As for this comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitano
And not to sound rude, but you were given good answers, and if followed exactly would have fix your problem, to your post regarding your chat windows, you may want to be a little more considerate in your reply in the future as you won't get a lot of help if you aren't polite, these guys are all doing this voluntarily.

Gaitano
....... Okay never mind, I am not even going to start. Suffice to say that the number 1 problem with the internet is you can't hear inflection behind voices. I did not think my responses were rude, I only pointed out that the responses I was given weren't helping me. It was a case of miscommunication and, I admit, density on my part. I don't feel like you needed to point fingers at me like that.
Unread 03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Not sure if you've tried this already, but this is in the FetishNightfall.doc in the UI folder:

Quote:
Personabar Persistent Display:
Open the persona file _Fetish_mainhud_personabar.xml in Notepad and search for the following code:
PackLocation="left,top"
Replace with the following code:
OnHide="visible=true" PackLocation="left,top"
Save and Exit.
If you've harven't tried that yet, go ahead and once done, log in and try the before mentioned with the persona bar (moving it around, messing with window settings etc..) and log out then back in, see if that doesn't fix it.

Also, the show command for the persona bar is located in the clock window.

Last edited by Savie : 03-09-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Unread 03-09-2007, 12:35 PM
A Sea Turtle

Ooohhhh thank you thank you, Kerianah! That fixed it! *bows in reverence and gratitude*