Unread 11-12-2004, 02:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Old Icons

Hi everyone.

Okay I know EQII is not EQ1 don't spam me with this lol

But in EQLive we got cool looking TKing icons :
http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads...now=1100244204

Do you think it would be possible to get that kind of icons for some spells (the call of Qeynos or call of freeport could be the old gate, the clarity line was great, and so on)

The actual icons are too 'colored to me'.
Unread 11-14-2004, 11:56 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Well ok i got an e-mail about this so i gotta say something.
I don't think anyone has touched this because, besides it being time consuming, I don't think anyone can say that they know what every icon means. And right now were all noobs, so sure at level 12 it looks like a good idea to replace the call of qeynos icon with the t. king gate but later on they might use it to mean something else.
The biggest reason i'm not doing one is T.king had the artisic ability to MAKE a new icon if an appropriate one didn't exist. i don't think anyone want's "insom's ms paint stick figure icons"

so, um, maybe later. maybe later when another good artist comes out of the woodwork and offers to make some icons. If anyone else wants to do this, it's very easy to copy and paste t.kings stuff onto the eq2 icons, just good luck doing it right.

oh alot of people here are eq1 vets, i dont think anyone minds trying to bring some of the good things from eq1 to our new playground, and don't worry, we aren't going to spam you with anything. These boards aren't like that.

Unread 11-14-2004, 12:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

thanks for your answer...

I hope that someone (TKing, you, Sony) will do it... that's not a major problem but these icons are just... too flashy for me lol
Unread 11-14-2004, 01:33 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac
Well ok i got an e-mail about this so i gotta say something.
I don't think anyone has touched this because, besides it being time consuming, I don't think anyone can say that they know what every icon means. And right now were all noobs, so sure at level 12 it looks like a good idea to replace the call of qeynos icon with the t. king gate but later on they might use it to mean something else.
The biggest reason i'm not doing one is T.king had the artisic ability to MAKE a new icon if an appropriate one didn't exist. i don't think anyone want's "insom's ms paint stick figure icons"

so, um, maybe later. maybe later when another good artist comes out of the woodwork and offers to make some icons. If anyone else wants to do this, it's very easy to copy and paste t.kings stuff onto the eq2 icons, just good luck doing it right.

oh alot of people here are eq1 vets, i dont think anyone minds trying to bring some of the good things from eq1 to our new playground, and don't worry, we aren't going to spam you with anything. These boards aren't like that.

I dunno...i think paint stick figures would be kinda cool

Cutanea
Unread 12-13-2007, 04:57 AM
A Coastal Crab

Some of these icons are very beautiful and now I must figure out how to borrow some of them into EQ2. They really do pale some of our current icons. Simply beautiful.
Unread 12-13-2007, 05:12 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

To use them copy the .dds file containing the icon you want to change into a custom UI folder with the same structure (i.e. if you take it from \UI\Default\images\icons it must then be in \UI\CustomUI\images\icons, which CustomUI being your possibly already existing custom UI directory). Then open up the files in your favorite graphics editor that can read/write .dds files and copy and paste the T.King icon into the .dds file you copied at the position above the icon you want to replace. Save the file and enjoy your new icons.
Unread 01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

What about adding more icons too the game or is it possible for me to change the shading on one icon? As a Warden I would love a way to quickly single out certain ports. Such as BB is the Blue Rings Icon and GFray is the Green Ring Icon.