EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-22-2008, 12:24 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Neriak
Default composite page resize

im trying to make a bottom bar using a composite page like drumsui stat bottom bar. now what im trying to get it to do is have the composite page resize when i resize the whole bar without losing any data in the composite. everything i have tried make me lose data that is being displayed. am i missing something or can this just not be done?
thanks for the help
Unread 10-22-2008, 12:58 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I don't understand what you mean by "losing data", sorry. Also if Drum's bar uses a composite I'm sure it can be resized just fine, so just do it like he did.
Unread 10-22-2008, 01:22 PM
A Grizzled Badger

lets say on the far right of the bar it says agi: 102 when i resize it ingame it cuts the text off. that is where im having the problem have like 12 things on the bar but its to log for where i want it to go without cutting stuff off.
Unread 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Give objects inside the composite a minimum size and maximum size (the same value here works). That way when you resize, the individual boxes won't change size.
Unread 10-22-2008, 08:02 PM
A Grizzled Badger

that is the one thing i didnt do. thanks ill give it a try and see what i come up with
Unread 10-23-2008, 02:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Depends on the SpacingType parameter set for the Composite.

If you do not have minimum sizes set "Fill" will make everything fit by resizing everything equally if the Composite is not wide enough. If you think your composite should be wide enough but it still cuts of elements then check your "Spacing" parameter, it is likely too high.

EDIT: This may be different in game, see posts below: The defaul "spread" does not touch the sizes of the child elements but distributes them evenly across the width of the composite - or, which is probably what you are seeing, if the composite is not wide enough, cuts off the rightmost elements (without resizing them).

If you don't care about spreading and just want fixed distances use the "Contstant" SpacingType.

/end tutorial

Last edited by gm9 : 10-24-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Unread 10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

When I used spread on my stat bar, it would re-size inside elements to make them fit, which is why I had to set the minimum sizes.

so, /shrug
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:16 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I just double checked in UIbuilder like I did before making my post and spread does not resize there, but it is possible that it does so in game, I don't remember (and my bar also uses min/max values, I probably added them for that reason, memory is hazy...).
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I think that's what happen with me between UIBuilder and in-game. It's been a bit since I messed with it