EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Can a UI mod write to a text file?

Hello, I have never decided to put the effort into learning the UI mod language, as I have always been very satisfied with the mods others have done. Now, however, I may have reason to create my own mod and before I go to the effort I would like to know if what I want to do is even possible.

I have written a data base app that tracks my guilds DKP. The next step in this app is to have it collect attendance data for any given raid. My original idea was to have it go through the eq2 logs file, but after some work I determined the resource requirement for doing this was higher then I like. So this is my idea.

I want to mod my guild window with two buttons by each name in the "members online now" list. These buttons would have an "Invite to raid" and an "invite to group" function. That part I am sure can be done. The next part is where my question comes in. I want the mod to then log the names of those I have invited and the time to a separate text file that my DKP app can use. So, my question is, can a mod be given the ability to write to a text file?
Unread 02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

There are several apps to do what you want and you are right about adding the invite buttons it can be done.
As for the ui writing to a text file that can be done as well but not directly. Drum has done it with his ui through modding the eq2maps submitpoi function. That would be a good place to look for ideas on what you want to accomplish.

Silat
Unread 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No need to mod this, the game already writes group/raid joins to the log files.
Unread 02-03-2011, 03:08 PM
A Griffon

If I remember right, there is also a /raidwho command that dumps the current raiders into the log all at once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new-menu-choices.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	8640  Click image for larger version

Name:	large_examine.png
Views:	13398
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	8641  Click image for larger version

Name:	new-menu-choices2.jpg
Views:	13704
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	8644  Click image for larger version

Name:	gearbuff.jpg
Views:	20451
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	8646  Click image for larger version

Name:	group-precure.png
Views:	19232
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	8647  

Click image for larger version

Name:	gearbufftutorial2.png
Views:	2220
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	8651  Click image for larger version

Name:	betatools.png
Views:	33228
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	8654  

Last edited by Darqwood : 08-28-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Unread 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It's /whoraid actually, or at least it used to be. Has the advantage that it only picks up raid members actually in the zone, IIRC.
Unread 02-03-2011, 04:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

He doesn't want to use the log file however.

Silat
Unread 02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Don't see another easier way of doing it, tbh. And a button that writes to files upon inviting would not be very dependent, especially if the person never accepted the invite or you pressed the wrong person.
Unread 02-03-2011, 06:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
He doesn't want to use the log file however.

Silat
He thinks he does not want to use the log file, we're just telling him otherwise. Also DKP log parsers are freely available, no point to reinvent the wheel tbh.
Unread 02-03-2011, 06:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
He thinks he does not want to use the log file, we're just telling him otherwise. Also DKP log parsers are freely available, no point to reinvent the wheel tbh.
I agree with you. I even mentioned apps were already available to him . I figured if he really wanted to do it though I'd point him in the right direction. I also figured after about an hour he'd decide to use one of the available apps.

Silat
Unread 02-03-2011, 11:01 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
I agree with you. I even mentioned apps were already available to him . I figured if he really wanted to do it though I'd point him in the right direction. I also figured after about an hour he'd decide to use one of the available apps.

Silat
That's where you are wrong. I love building apps for the challenge and to keep my old brain agile. I have already completed the app and it is in use for adjusting and tracking DKP. I am now just adding features so it does more. By the time I am done, it will do everything including posting the data to our guild web site all automatically.
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:47 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Well good for you. I tend to do the same thing. At least until I get bored with it

Silat
Unread 02-04-2011, 04:32 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Permafrost

/logwhoraid could be used as well if it's still in the game. I started a PHP app based on that a while back but gave up because my guild disbanded.