EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-11-2010, 04:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Default Target/Implied Target Windows

I've been working pretty hard trying to make it so that my Target/Implied Target window always display. I would like them to show with the health/power bars, as if they are depleted, and fill in with the normal information when I acquire a target. Essentially, I just can't figure out how to make my target windows show ALL of the time. I've read the sticky and have played with the dynamic data filters for a while, no luck so far. Please help, and forgive the noobishness. : )
Unread 01-11-2010, 10:48 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

If dynamic data filters for visibility do not work, it is likely one of those annoying hard coded things. As long as the game can find the window's path and name, it will try to modify it instead of relying on dynamic data to do so.

You can possibly create an OnHide event handler that simply states "Visible=true". I only have a bit of experience with fighting hard-coded behavior so I'm not certain that would be sufficient. I'm sure others have probably done this one already and would know for sure how viable it is. (Or you can just try)
Unread 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

Thanks for the advice - I'll see what I can do. I've really tried about everything, and a few posts on the stickied thread about forcing windows to show leads me to believe that it is possible. I'm just either fooling with the wrong value, or putting the wrong value in. We'll see.
Unread 01-11-2010, 12:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm pretty sure it's possible to keep the window visible. Cause I've done it before with the hotkey to open the window, maybe after using a loadui maybe not...

But I know it was only showing the things not attached to dynamic data.

You could always create dummy objects behind the health/power bars. Like background objects.... once you get the window to stay open.
Unread 01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
If dynamic data filters for visibility do not work, it is likely one of those annoying hard coded things. As long as the game can find the window's path and name, it will try to modify it instead of relying on dynamic data to do so.

You can possibly create an OnHide event handler that simply states "Visible=true". I only have a bit of experience with fighting hard-coded behavior so I'm not certain that would be sufficient. I'm sure others have probably done this one already and would know for sure how viable it is. (Or you can just try)
Confirming this.