EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 02-02-2005, 09:31 PM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default UI Mod Organization Unusual, Is It Just Me?

Before I begin, I'd just like to thank all the modders out there since they made spectacular mods. My entire UI is modded in some way with exception to the Persona and Inspect windows since no one's really done much with that.

I use EQ2UI not only for UI Mods, but to get in touch with the modders. While I do this, I sometimes stumble upon outstanding, perfect mods that for some reason ARE NOT in the Downloads section and are only in that thread. While this isn't always a problem for me, I know I'm missing out on the potential my UI may have since not all UI Mods are listed.

So, I ask, why aren't the mods linked in threads also uploaded to the Downloads section? Is there a reason, or is it just because you don't have the time? It's been on my mind for a while and I'm a bit curious...

And you say you're 1337!?

Fenix Stryk, Hunter of Undead. Erudite Coercer, Lvl 27.
See How Close I Am To Most Deaths On Befallen!!
Unread 02-02-2005, 09:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

You have to submit to the download section. It is each individual users desicion to upload. Other reason may be to not be the causer of "clutter". It's nice having choice, but having 17 "variations" of how to show the same thing in a different way can get old. It is a good idea to look at comments, released thread, and beta for variations though.
Unread 02-02-2005, 09:38 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

For attaching a file to a thread, all I need to do is hit Attach.

To upload, I have to zip it, take a screenshot and crop it and/or clean it up, write up a description, upload the file AND the screenshot, and then people have to wait to download until Dolby makes his next approval pass.

So, yeah. Time and convenience.