EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-02-2009, 03:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Cure (potion) buttons not working

I am at a loss... I cannot get the cure (potion) hotbuttons to work. Strange thing is they work when I first log in, but once I zone to a new zone, they no longer work. States that item is not in my inventory or no longer exists.

I have used the current verison of the auto-updater, the stand alone version, and have even used catalyst. I have used the cure editor to make sure the item numbers are correct.... but to no avail..... I have reinstalled, did it again, and then a few more times.. lol.

Please, can someone lend a hand.. It is hard to raid without the potion cure buttons working properly.

Thanks in advance
Unread 07-15-2009, 04:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yep, i'm experiencing the same thing. Most of the time it doesn't work, but occasionally it will, and like the other day, it broke in the middle of the raid! It was working fine for awhile, then one moment it completely stopped working.
Unread 07-18-2009, 07:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Having the same issues, sometimes a camp to myself fixes the issue other times it continues to malfunction.

I get the follow when trying to use a cure on myself.

This spell or ability is no longer available.

Hope this can be worked out soon.

Thanks,

Belendor
Unread 07-19-2009, 03:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Yeah it broke in the middle of a raid yesterday for the first time... Of course I died, but the worse thing is to prepare a new hot bar to adds potions and arcane spell.
I took bad habits, pressing F1 and using hotbuttons seems so slow now !

Well, this is a proof that this UI rocks
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:14 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

just a thought have you all unchecked any ignored files in the auto updater i had same problem till someone pointed that out to me as i edit the raid click/cure buttons lol.

Unread 07-21-2009, 11:09 PM
A Brown Bear

I have had the same problem, at first it was just arcane cure that didn't work, said it was linked to an item no longer in my inventory even though I had 200 pots.. That was 2 nights ago, now tonight raiding TOMC, noxious cure didn't work, had to hotbar the pots to cure myself... At this point, if a fix isn't forthcoming soon, I guess it's time to shop around for a new UI, with all the TSO content you need to cancel anything casting, and CURE, and that's not happening with this bug. It's sad, cuz I think Profit is great, but this was one of the big reasons I thought Profit was great... *sigh*

And yes, I removed the ignore on raid buttons, reloaded the default, then changed one small item in one button for troubs, so that can't affect it. Two days later it's back doing it again, I'm about ready to give up on it.
Unread 07-22-2009, 09:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes I had the same thing happen again, I've learned to have each of the PoTs hotkey now as in the new RaidZone if you don't cure your dead. I agree if we can't figure this out more people will move away from Profit which isn't a good thing as it has many good/great aspects.

Belendor
PS I also reloaded and made sure no files where being excluded.
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

This is a known issue and has been around for a while. I am not sure if the problem lies within ProfitUI (unlikely) or was induced with one of SoE's patches (most likely)

The problem seems to stem from the fact that if you have any of the Pots in either your house vault or bank, Profit is directed to use them first! regardless of whether you have them in your inventory.

There are 2 usable workarounds for this problem :-

1/ Make sure your house/bank slots do not have any Pots in them and the C2C function will work as expected.

2/ Open up a new hotbar and place your Pots from inventory onto the hotbar and use them from there.

I hope that helps until a soloution is found
Unread 07-23-2009, 03:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

That doesn't address the ability to cast cures vs. pots. I've found a work around to drag 1 Pot into a bag/box that doesn't have non sell option set. But still from time to time I'm unable to case my cures and get the message I posted before.

This spell or ability is no longer available.

Balendor
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:57 PM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Down

I will try both ideas, and move all spare pots to another toon so SOE can't find them, no more in bank... Also I will try making sure they are in a bag that does not have the box checked for "not for sale"....

The workaround I have been using is this... I made a hotbar with the first four slots for the four cures as they pop up under the bar (the one with the spot to click AFK, etc) and I made the hotbar icons as small as possible, so this way the correct pot is just under the dot that lights, so curing is as simple as clicking the pot under the correct dot. The only problem is when you need to interrupt casting to cure, you have to play with one hand on the Escape key at all times but this is a good habit to get into anyway, with so many mobs casting a curse nowadays. BTW, you don't have to retarget yourself with F1, the pot is automatically used on yourself. Also I have two macros, one to /target {main tank} and one to /target {main assist} so if I have to hit escape I can retarget fast too.

Hope this helps, until all is working again. BTW, I tried changing to Fetish, and had the same problem there, so the problem is with SOE, not Profit /whew

/vote for SOE support = thumbs down
Unread 07-29-2009, 07:23 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The pots in bank problem is an old one (it's on my known issues list) and SOE knows it. Whether i will be fixed and when I do not know. So just get used to putting them in the shared bank slots only if you need them in bank.
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:23 PM
A Brown Bear

So does anyone know a fix for this problem? it happens to EVERY time i click accept to join a raid, if im not in a raid it doesnt happen. its been happening for nearly 2 weeks now, i dont have any pots in my bank/inventory.. well i did have like 200 of each but i deleted them and it still doesnt work. any ideas?

edit. I cant use the 1-5 buttons above the cures either. They say Parent.Parent.Parent.Custom.ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.Blablabla

Last edited by Sparx : 08-04-2009 at 01:27 PM.