/autoattack 1 - force melee autoattack
/autoattack 2 - force ranged autoattack
Unread 11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
I've always assumed that the event trigger filter if applied would filter out any events the DD may have. So if you applied EFFF none of the the events would be fired.

All other are kind of self explanatory.
I already said that you only need a 0x0001 filter in order for OnShow events to work. So what exactly are you trying to say? What events are explicitly raised by the DynamicData? I can't think of any.
Unread 11-26-2008, 12:37 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
Anyone think this will be of use?

Code:
/toggleautoattack - turns melee attack on or off
/togglerangedattack - turns ranged attack on or off
/autoattack 0 - stops all autoattack
/autoattack 1 - force melee autoattack
/autoattack 2 - force ranged autoattack
I don't think so.
Unread 11-26-2008, 01:38 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

I'm all out of ideas TBH. Guess razieh is too l33t for us.
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can't work with chat window text.

Same as aditu I have no clue why we are talking about dynamic data filters now (we want more dynamic data, not less ).

If razieh is not just counting down the delay and is not using combat bubbles as a trigger, there must be another trigger. It must be either dynamic data or an UI element. I can't think of any UI element that changes when you auto attack but someone that is actually playing this game might know more about that. Otherwise that leaves dynamic data. Just put a couple of event scripts on every DD in the persona window (using some regex search&replace that's quickly done) and see what happens.
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysrothaar View Post
Is came to my mind, that I also had a very similar problem with the original autoattack-calc-window, which is now part of the profitUI. It shows the value of the weapondelay always as ten times the real delay. So I see a 40, there I should see a 4. This is true for meele and ranged delay.
I'm a complete noob in terms of coding and UI-modding, so the only explanation to me could be, that I'm playing with the german version/client of EQ2.
Confirmed, the German server uses a comma instead of a point as a decimal separator, but scripts do not recognize the comma as such. I'll update the ProfitUI window to deal with that. You'll have to take it into account for the timer window here as well though.
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:10 AM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
You can't work with chat window text.

Same as aditu I have no clue why we are talking about dynamic data filters now (we want more dynamic data, not less ).

If razieh is not just counting down the delay and is not using combat bubbles as a trigger, there must be another trigger. It must be either dynamic data or an UI element. I can't think of any UI element that changes when you auto attack but someone that is actually playing this game might know more about that. Otherwise that leaves dynamic data. Just put a couple of event scripts on every DD in the persona window (using some regex search&replace that's quickly done) and see what happens.
Doing it right now
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:21 AM
A man among men

None of the stats change property values on OnActivate, OnDeactivate, OnDisable, OnEffectFinished, OnEnable, OnHide, OnShow, and OnTextTagSelected for gm9's ProfitUI persona window.

So that leaves those dynamic data out. Now I'm beginning to doubt that raz actually made one without a third party exe.
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:35 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well there's more dynamic data than just the stats (I assume you already tested Self.AutoAttack), and some may only fire OnShow if you set Visible=false before. Endless possibilities.

PS: OnTextTagSelected - nice, never knew that existed. What does that do?
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:40 AM
A man among men

Whenever you select a text. It's like a highlight I guess, or how you select a "cell"

Auto attack screws up because it fires twice or something goes on with it. I set the OnShow for it to Press the location effector and it ends with a 6025 error after the second "toggle" of the auto attack

the auto attack DD is still the most logical, but I always get that error and I never found a way around it.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-26-2008 at 04:44 AM.
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can filter the second event via a conditional, but the question is whether it fires again when you swing again, otherwise it's useless anyway.
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:45 AM
A man among men

I doubt it. How would I do that?
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:54 AM
A man among men

After thinking about it, it makes no sense that raz did not use combat bubbles, because when he enabled auto attack initially it fired when he got in range. And at first the first combat bubbles did not show. So how did he get it to fire ONLY when he was in range and not when just the auto attack was on. It was dead perfect.

Man I'm so confused
??
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

To everyone contributing to this interface mod:

Thus far, the improvements made upon the original idea of this mod are phenomenal. Up until this brainstorming thread, this was thought impossible. There are other unexplored territories in the interface and we are beginning to touch on them. Everyone has some great ideas and is contributing nicely.

Dragowulf:

You have done an excellent job thus far on this mod and from the looks of it, you aren't giving up. Keep it up and I know with everyone's help, you can perfect this mod.

Unfortunately, this threads conversation has far surpassed my ability to comprehend what you guys are even talking about, but I'll continue to throw in ideas if they arise.
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

drago, I actually went and rewatched the video again, this time in slow motion. For the most time the ranged bar starts before the bubble shows up (the last attack is frame synchronous to the bubble though). On the other hand around 0:37 the melee bar is completely out of sync with both the animation and the combat bubble. So he must be updating via either dynamic data or an outside application. Since I don't think the animation would be out of sync with dynamic data (because if I understand Rothgar correctly the server triggers the auto-attack, not the client, so the dynamic data would always be in sync) he's probably using a log parser.
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:51 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

What video? Saw the user name mentioned a few times, didn't see anything about him/her. Did I miss something?
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I doubt it. How would I do that?
By setting a variable the second time and only starting the effector if the variable is not set. But actually if it does consistently fire twice you don't even need that, you could do this little trick:
<Page DynamicData="..." Name="TriggerPage" OnShow="TriggerButton.OnPress=&quot;OnPress='' Parent.Trigger.Press=true&quot; TriggerButton.Press=true">
<Button Name="TriggerButton" OnPress="">
<Button Name="Trigger" OnPress="
... code to start timer">
</Page>
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
What video? Saw the user name mentioned a few times, didn't see anything about him/her. Did I miss something?
http://www.wegame.com/watch/eq2_UI/
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
drago, I actually went and rewatched the video again, this time in slow motion. For the most time the ranged bar starts before the bubble shows up (the last attack is frame synchronous to the bubble though). On the other hand around 0:37 the melee bar is completely out of sync with both the animation and the combat bubble. So he must be updating via either dynamic data or an outside application. Since I don't think the animation would be out of sync with dynamic data (because if I understand Rothgar correctly the server triggers the auto-attack, not the client, so the dynamic data would always be in sync) he's probably using a log parser.
Could it be some sort of a plugin for ACT that would display a window over eq2 (assuming eq2 was in window mode)?
Unread 11-26-2008, 06:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
Could it be some sort of a plugin for ACT that would display a window over eq2 (assuming eq2 was in window mode)?
possible, or write to an ingame macro that gets executed again and again.

But we know from Aditu that you can't differentiate primary and secondary weapons from the logs so unless razieh taps into the datastream from the server I'm still leaning towards the assumption that he uses dynamic data.
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:11 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
possible, or write to an ingame macro that gets executed again and again.

But we know from Aditu that you can't differentiate primary and secondary weapons from the logs so unless razieh taps into the datastream from the server I'm still leaning towards the assumption that he uses dynamic data.
Determining whether it was primary or secondary is trivial really, you even posted the logic to do it You just reset the bar which is closest to completion. I'm thinking that raz used ACT to write a file and use /dofilecommands with that file. Can you access the interface from a file like that? I just don't know how he'd get the file into the game without using a loop.

Has anyone looked at the properties of the primary, secondary and ranged slots in the inventory? They have fields like progress, actiondata etc. I wonder if any of those update on an autoattack.
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by reins View Post
Determining whether it was primary or secondary is trivial really, you even posted the logic to do it You just reset the bar which is closest to completion.
Yes I know, that's why it remains a possibility.

Quote:
I'm thinking that raz used ACT to write a file and use /dofilecommands with that file. Can you access the interface from a file like that? I just don't know how he'd get the file into the game without using a loop.
For that he'd have to use a loop, a file change won't trigger any UI events by itself.
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:30 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Interesting....
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:40 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Well we know so far, that if he is being honest with us that:

His mod doesn't use combat bubbles.
It doesn't use Loops.
It works based on when an attack lands.

We also know that no one knows how to read the chat window. Chat window is the only method I can think of, unless there is something with the actual weapon slots in the inventory.

So since there is no OnNewLine event, are there any events with TextStyles that could be used? RStyle maybe?
Unread 11-26-2008, 10:17 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Whenever you select a text. It's like a highlight I guess, or how you select a "cell"
No, actually I tested this and it is something else. This event fires if you click on a [link] (item link, command link, etc.).

Quote:
So since there is no OnNewLine event, are there any events with TextStyles that could be used? RStyle maybe?
Getting an event when a new line is added can probably be done, but I know of no way of extracting text from the chat window.
Closed Thread