EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-20-2008, 04:31 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Hotbars being annoying. Spinners overlapping.

I posted this on the main page for the updater but seems there's way more traffic here so maybe someone has an answer.

I've had this problem for as long as I can remember. I just recently returned to EQ2, had to set up my UI from scratch and was hoping there was a fix since I'd last played but apparently not. If anyone can show me how to fix it I'd be very grateful.

Basically I set up my hotbars in a grid 3 wide by 4 tall. Then I compress them all into one giant grid that's 6 banks wide. The problem lies in the fact that the "spinner" area of the banks overlap into the buttons to the left of them. So basically the 4 right most hot buttons of every bank are half covered. I've tried moving them under each other and then making them click through that never takes. I've tried to set the frames to "none" or "frame only" I've tried "hide spinner" nothing seems to work.

It can be quite infuriating. to click a hot button multiple times trying to get it to fire only to realize the stupid spinner from next door is taking up half the button. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

XXXYYYZZZ
XXXYYYZZZ
XXXYYYZZZ
XXXYYYZZZ

Basically my Hotbars are set up like that. But with the black area where the spinner is on Z overlapping half of the last column on Y. And the spinner area on Y overlapping half of the last column on X. I can post SS if I didn't explain it well enough =P
Unread 12-20-2008, 05:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

a no deadspace hotbar didn't work anymore after SOE changed the hotbar format because people kept complaining that they couldn't get at the right click menu (as if the 1 pixel I had given them wasn't enough ). the complaining stopped after I moved the spinners left and created the deadspace. so deal with it. or get SOE to change it back, not like I want that deadspace there.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-20-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Unread 12-20-2008, 06:28 PM
A Brown Bear

So....basically theres no fix? Ugh that sucks! On my computer it's not too bad. The last few hotbars do it (out of 6 or 7) but when I play at my friends house all of them do it all the time. I can go back thru and turn off "click thru" click it to put it on top, then put click thru back on. But I have to do that to every hotbar every single time I log on.

Not sure why it half works at home.

/sigh well then if there's no fix i Guess i have to go to the 12 wide hotbars which is going to throw EVERYTHING off since I've been playing this way since forever =/
Unread 12-20-2008, 11:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

My hotbar mod seem to work ok

I use my hotbars in multiple configurations of blocks and haven't had any trouble with overlapping.
'course I don't have the overlay numbers, yet, but I'm waiting for the next GU to push live the ability to show bar timers
Unread 12-21-2008, 05:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Here's a SS of the issue at hand. This is my layout at home. Notice for some reason the first 4 hotbars have no issue. But the last 2 are overlapping. I have no idea how the first 4 are ok. I have no idea why the last 2 are a pain in my ass.

On my friends comp all 6 hotbars are messed up.
Unread 12-21-2008, 05:38 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouchy Dathurts View Post

Here's a SS of the issue at hand. This is my layout at home. Notice for some reason the first 4 hotbars have no issue. But the last 2 are overlapping. I have no idea how the first 4 are ok. I have no idea why the last 2 are a pain in my ass.

On my friends comp all 6 hotbars are messed up.
Z-axis. I'll bet that you placed the first 4 so that as you go from the left to the right you go down the z-axis stacking order. They still overlap, but since each one is on top of the one to it's right it's boxes hide the spinner. Your last two are on top of (higher in the z-axis order) the one to their left, so their spinners hide portions of the window below them.

Depending on the z-axis order tends to be unreliable, since clicking on a window can raise it to the top of the stack.
Unread 12-21-2008, 06:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh, so that's the issue? Just go to window settings of the hotbar you want to stay below the other and enable clickthrough. In your case first for the rightmost one and the for the one left to it.
Unread 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM
A Brown Bear

So, they're set to click thru. I've done through and unchecked click thru to get it on top, then reenabled it. And it'll stay that way till I log at which point it goes back to being annoying. Is there a way to like force a save or something to get it to stay like I want it?

All hotbars are set to click thru, all of them are set to "show none" on the frame.
Unread 12-23-2008, 05:07 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

if it doesn't save just having your two rightmost hotbars exchange positions will probably fix it then.
Unread 12-23-2008, 07:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
if it doesn't save just having your two rightmost hotbars exchange positions will probably fix it then.
Tried that and now #6 looks fine but #5 is still acting up. So....is it like they need to be in numerical order? Like if i just kill ALL the hotbars and start over opening one at a time and placing them from 1 to 6 it wouldn't act up?

Least we're half way there! lol
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:15 AM
A Brown Bear

So, I'm not quite sure I understand the issue. I mean the one bar is fixed but the other one is still messed up. The only thing I can think of is the numerical order of which the hotbars were made is the problem. They're in order as far as hotbuttons are concerned but I don't know what order I created the bars themselves in.

So I guess what I'm getting at is what made the one bar work and the other not? How can I go about fixing the one still messed up?

Do i need to close all hotbars and start from scratching "opening new hotbar" then moving that in before openening the next and doing the same so the hotbars themselves are made in numerical order from 1-6 or 6-1?

Very appreciative of the help so far just want that last bar (number 5) to play nice. Plus i'm just curious anyways =)

Thanks again for all the help.
Unread 12-27-2008, 06:39 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The hotbars have a certain order that they are stored in in the uisettings.ini file, where they are actually numbered (hotkey_clone_0, ..._1, etc.). If you know which the first one is (i.e. lowest z-order) you can try to close all others and then open new hotbars one by one. I *think* they will reopen in the order they are stored in.
Unread 12-29-2008, 04:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Ok so I got everything working. Thanks for all the help! =)

If anyone else ever runs across the issue from what I've gathered when you open a new hotbar that hotbar is basically in the foreground. Like a program in windows being set to "always on top". So basically you need to order your hotbars in decending order from newest to oldest.