EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 07-12-2008, 07:04 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis
Default Changing info a window from another

I was wondering if it was possible to have a button in one window change something in another window. And of course if it is possible, how it would be done.
Unread 07-12-2008, 08:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yeah, just go up the structure of the window, and then go one more to be in MainHud for example, then go by the window name, and down the structure to what'cha wanna do.

I think there's an easier way, like a quick way to start at the top of the UI structure, but I don't remember where the post was.
Unread 07-13-2008, 07:19 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just know that there are two versions of the UI in memory, one in the form that it was loaded from disk, and one which is the collection of all windows loaded into the active UI (i.e. on which a /show_window was done either manually or automatically). All your active windows reside in the same subtree (root._HUD), even if on disk they are in separate subtrees/modules (e.g. root.MainHUD and root.Custom).

You can manipulate both of them, but for it to affect currently active windows you need to manipulate those in the _HUD tree. For changes to persist across characters during the session they need to be (also) made to the other non-active trees.
Unread 07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm trying to move my includes.xml file from my InfoCenter into the eq2ui_custom.xml so that I can re-use information in my Journal modification.

In essence it was easy as changing where the <include> is, and changing Parent.Includes.blah.blah.text into Parent.Parent.Includes.x.x.text
The page used to be located in Custom.InfoCenter.Includes, and now resides in Custom.Includes via the "tree".

However, I'm having trouble. And the wierd part is that it will function correctly in UIBuilder and not in the game. I tried using root.Custom.Includes.x.x.text as well, and that did not fly.

I thought maybe I needed to include the includes.xml above the InfoCenter, but that didn't change anything. Any ideas? Does the file name have to named a certain way? The whole reason for this change is apparently the game doesn't like it when you try to include the same file in 2 different places, which is lame.
Unread 07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can't include the same file twice, and you cannot have two different files with the same name in the xml.

Apart from that it does not matter whether your window is in MainHUD or Custom, because in both cases it will be a child of _HUD, hence you do not need to change any references to it (see my post above).
Unread 07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Gotcha. Well, instead of the page "Includes" being inside the page "InfoCenter" it is now just under Custom. However, I'm having no luck retrieving the text this way. But it works just fine in the UIBuilder.

I'll have to keep messing with it.

*edit* here I attached a screenshot to show.

Code:
OnPress="Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.SETPAGE.OnPress=('Parent.TabPages.Miscellaneous.Text.Body.text=')##('Parent.Parent.Includes.Miscellaneous.')##(Name)##('.text')
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.SETPAGE.press=true"
SETPAGE is what is having the OnPress modified, and where the "Parent.x.x.x.x" to the Includes page is being modified.

It "should" be working. And like I said, works fine in UIBuilder. Any ideas??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	infocenter_troubles.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	6486  

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-28-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Unread 07-28-2008, 04:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

*edit*

attached a screenshot above.

*Edit*

NEVERMIND

It was picky....

I had to change Parent.Parent.Includes into Parent.Parent.Parent.Custom.Includes

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-28-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:58 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
It was picky....

I had to change Parent.Parent.Includes into Parent.Parent.Parent.Custom.Includes
That means you did not do a /show_window Custom.Includes first (see my post #3 above).

But that is just as well, you don't need those includes in the active set and thus can save some memory by referencing them the way you do now.
Unread 07-29-2008, 02:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Sweet. I more fully understand the different between the two now.