Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 01-05-2005, 03:25 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default Unauthorized Maps User Discussion/Feedback

Leave your bug findings, suggestions and complaints about Unauthorized Maps here.
Unread 01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Clicky link to download.
Unread 01-05-2005, 05:32 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Antonia Bayle

how do you open the window?

Ill answer it myself

/Show_window mainhud.maps

I would like to suggest that the same file naming convention be used as SOE

EQ2UI_mainhud_unauth_map.xml

Last edited by malnedra : 01-05-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 05:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by malnedra
how do you open the window?

Ill answer it myself

/Show_window mainhud.maps

I would like to suggest that the same file naming convention be used as SOE

EQ2UI_mainhud_unauth_map.xml

Easier to sepparate them if they do not follow EQ2UI naming standard.

EQ2UI seems to me, to be used for EQ2s own "official" UIs.. We should instead have our own naming standard..

Like, <author>_<ver>_<type>.xml or something similar.
Unread 01-07-2005, 06:04 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

File name shouldn't change with version, that would mean eq2ui.xml or eq2ui_mainhud.xml would need to be updated to reflect it with every change, which is not good, especially if the user has multiple custom files.

I propose keeping the current convention but replacing "eq2ui" with "_(Author or UI name)" The reason for the _ before the author name is so that all custom files are at the top of the list when sorted by name. This was common practice for Morrowind modding.
Unread 01-07-2005, 06:05 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

keep what ya got, its good i say
________
DEPAKOTE LAWSUITES

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 07:27 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Good call death, I'll def keep that in mind.
Unread 01-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Any way to move the little semi-transparent box in the top, left corner of each map? Or at least shrink it a bit. On the antonica map it covers a few Waypoints making them unclickable. Not a huge deal or anything hehe, but it would be nice to be able to use them.

As always, you guys amaze me with your mad skills, though.

EDIT: NM me, I need to develop some mad skills too, hehe. I found the little - sign and also discovered that, hey, I *can* move this window.

Problem now is that I managed to punt it below the map so now I don't see it at all hehe. Oh well, I hope it's back when I restart the game...

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.

Last edited by Pixi : 01-07-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 11:54 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

In the readme I saw the request that any additions or modifications include a complete rewrite of your code. I have made some changes, and because of this decided to rewrite it from the ground up. But in the end it was the idea of you guys, so I wanted to post here and let you know what I was doing, and give you the chance to do the same or not, depending on how you felt about it. I would be fine with providing you the code I ultimately end up using as well in case you want to use it in future versions.

This is what I am doing:
I wasn't happy with having to use a custom slash command to open the map window, as while it may or may not be a useful way of doing it, I thought it might be that much more useful to integrate a map browser into an existing window.

So I went about adding a new tab to the Quest Journal called Maps. It would be set up the same way as the journal pages in that there would be two scroll areas. The one with the data tree showing the maps to select, and the other with the display of the map. I also modified all of the pages in the Quest Journal to have the data tree on the left and the details on the right, instead of top and bottom. This would be the default for every page in this window. I have also been working on moving the maps to a templated system in which it reads the map data from an external map xml file that contains the location of the icons, and the map background to use. This would be stored in a folder called mapdata, and would allow maps to be updated easily plug and play (without modifying the overall ui to add more headings.) Lastly the maps would be displayed under headings and subheadings, just like the active quests, so that for instance Blackburrow would be a main heading, and under it would be Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 that can be seen by pressing the plus sign next to blackburrow.

Like I said, this is really something I am doing for myself, and I really don't need to release it, but I am offering to give you the final code once I am finished so that you can use it in your own release if you choose to do so...
Unread 01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default I downloaded but need help starting it up

I liek the idea and what I have seen about this download...but I can't get it to load.....can you post a step by step way to enable this once downloaded? I would suggest two versions if there are different steps for those already using customized UIs vs in-game default ones.

I can't wait to see it once I can figure out how to enable it!
Unread 01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Problem now is that I managed to punt it below the map so now I don't see it at all hehe. Oh well, I hope it's back when I restart the game... [/quote]

You should be able to get it back by loading up one of the bigger maps and it should then be visible and you can move it back up near the corner. Ill put something in to keep this from happening later.
Unread 01-07-2005, 03:26 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ctavius
Like I said, this is really something I am doing for myself, and I really don't need to release it, but I am offering to give you the final code once I am finished so that you can use it in your own release if you choose to do so...
Some of that is what I've been planning on. Since you are doing it anyway and its a bit down the road for me (I want to get content then work on the window itself) you can go ahead and let me have it when your finished and I'll implement what I would like to have in it and I'll be sure to give you credit.
Unread 01-07-2005, 03:32 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabby
I liek the idea and what I have seen about this download...but I can't get it to load.....can you post a step by step way to enable this once downloaded? I would suggest two versions if there are different steps for those already using customized UIs vs in-game default ones.

I can't wait to see it once I can figure out how to enable it!
If you're having trouble following the instructions in the readme.txt just head over to this post and see if those dont help you out. Once you do all of this, in order to actually view the map ingame (you have to restart game after you install an interface) either type /show_window mainhud.maps or easier, create a macro that performs the action: /show_window mainhud.maps

Good luck and let me know if you have any more problems.