EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Unrest
Exclamation Fetish UI Not Loading

I have been using FetishNightfall for as long as I can recall. After todays server update (7/19/07) whenever I log in I get the default UI skin with the window locations that I have set up previously. I have checked the EQ2.ini and it has the information that is has always had: cl_ui_subdir UI/, and cl_ui_skinname FetishNightfall. When I use /loadui in game it only shows the Default UI. I can copy the contents of the FetishNightfall directory into the default directory, then I can get in-game and use /loadui, which says that I am using FetishNightfall, so I click on Default (but do not load) then click back on FetishNightfall and the UI loads, but without all of the mods (Goldi's Startbutton, Infocenter, etc) that I have been using. It also unloads my hotbuttons, but when I show them again they are in the right place and all I have to do is dial in their settings. So, I think to myself "No problem... this is ok" I camp out (not exit, but camp). When I log back in... the same thing happens: back to the Default UI. I deleted and redownloaded the default directory, verified that EQ2.ini still pointed to FetishNightfall (which i does), and the /loadui command shows only Default now as an option. Is there something that I'm missing? Is this happening to anyone else? What the heck is going on?

Any help you could give me would be greatly appeciated.

Last edited by Buyirugh : 07-19-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Unread 07-19-2007, 12:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

FIXED!!!

Here is how I solved the issue, I have no idea why it worked:

1. Deleted the Fetishnightfall folder and EQ2.ini
2. Started the game, loaded character, then exited. (Theory being that I want Sony's servers to know the Fetish folder and .ini gone).
3. Did a vanilla install of Fetish 8.8
4. Restarted game. Fetish is back!
5. Exited game and ran EQ2maps updater. (I did not do this in step 3 to test whether the eq2maps update I did this morning caused the problem).
6. restart game-- Fetish still there! Hallelujah

FYI the only addons I was using in addition to vanilla Fetish when the problem occurred (can't remember their names) were:

--a browser mod that puts tabs in the browser
--a heroic opportunity window mod
--a "maintained spells" window mod

I'm curious, were you using any mods in these classes? They worked fine for me before today.

Original post follows
Exact same thing happened to me when I logged in today. Everything was perfect yesterday, log in today and Fetish will not load (nor anything in the Fetish UI folder, including EQ2Maps). There has been no change in .ini file, no interim adjustments I've made. I hope someone expert can explain what is happening.

Last edited by richelieu : 07-19-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:23 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Lightbulb Fix for UI Not Loading

Richelieu, I took what you had talked about and went through for myself. Indeed it fixed everything. I also tried to figure out the problem (what might have caused it). I left my toon logged in when the server went down, the same thing I had done before and... voila! The same problem occurred. Something seems to be getting corrupt when you don't make a clean log out or exit from the game.

Anyway, here are the steps I go through to re-install the mods that I use.

First, I move the exiting FetishNightfall directory to the desktop.
Next, I log into the game, then back out... as you had done.
Then, I install the UI and all the mods:
01. Extract FetishNightfall_8_8.zip to the UI directory.
02. Copy the contents GoldiFetish to the FetishNightfall directory (I like the information that Goldi's Startbutton gives).
03. Extrace SageUI_Journal_2.0.zip to the FetishNightfall directory.
04. Extract Othesus_browser_GU35.zip to the FetishNightdall directory.
05. Extract Milquetowst_Map_Graphics_for_EQ2MAP.zip to the FetishNightdall directory.
06. Extract Milquetowst_Info_Center_070425.zip to the FetishNightdall directory.
07. Extract Othesus_active_quest_helper_GU36.zip to the FetishNightdall directory.
08. Extract Othesus_examine_window_GU36.1.zip to the FetishNightdall directory.
09. Extract eq2map_POIFinder_1.20_071507.zip to the FetishNightdall directory.
10. Copy the original images directory to the FetishNightdall directory.
11. Copy the original eq2map directory to the FetishNightdall directory.
12. Copy the original eq2ui_mainhud.xml file to the FetishNightdall directory.

After I have done all of this (which is suprisingly quick). I log in using EQ2.exe directly once (just as you suggested) then log out, then log back in running EQ2Map first. Everything works swimmingly well.

For those who want a peak at what my screen looks like when I'm done, I've included the character ini file that I have. Just rename the file from server_character_eq2_uisettings.txt to match your character (such as unrest_chomsky_eq2_uisettings.ini).
Attached Files
File Type: txt server_character_eq2_uisettings.txt (12.6 KB, 278 views)
Unread 07-20-2007, 11:42 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

The most likely cause that I can think of is that EQ2 is corrupting your server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini file somehow. That file saves the positions of all your windows and chat channels.

There was a common bug corrupting the ini file in the past caused by using /load_uisettings. Around then we were making backups of the ini just for safety so you may want to try that after your setup is how you like it.
Unread 07-21-2007, 05:56 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Default Character INI Files

Suprisingly, I am able to use the same character ini files after doing the new install, which is very bizarre. I thought the same thing at first. Then I looked at the EQ2.ini file, which was fine. I'm still befuddled... but I'm sure someone far smarter than I will figure this all out.
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyirugh View Post
Suprisingly, I am able to use the same character ini files after doing the new install *** Then I looked at the EQ2.ini file, which was fine.
Same here.

The problem has not yet reappeared for me, thankfully, I will be sure to do clean exits from now on!