EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-01-2006, 06:37 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw
Default In need of help, bigtime!!

ok, I have been using Profit UI since day 1, and now I'm using the reborn Profit (Thnx to GM9), and I have never had any problems with it, until Last thursday.
First my numlock buttoms did'nt work, I have been using them also since day 1, but suddently they did'nt work anymore.
I did a /petition, and found out this was a "known issue" (Whatever that means), and thought it would fix itself..
Then last night in PoA suddently my windows started to move by themselv, when I changed target, it was my main chatbox that moved, implied target dissapeared completely, and alot of my icons was'nt there either.
I was like WTF

So I did what anyone would have done (I think), complete reinstall of EQ2, deleted everything down to the last eq2 map file, and started over.
Now even my default UI is screwed, I'm stuck in zoning every 3rd time, my Guild window is not compitable, Broker does'nt work, map is not even there, hotbars cant be rezised and they are BIG, everything is wrong, and that is just the default UI.

I tryed to install the Profit UI again, zonning never happened, deleted the mainhud.zone file, that helped, got me in the game atleast, but still nothing that worked proberly.
Then I installed Extreme UI with autoupdate, same problems with the windows not being compitable, but I got in the game again, certanly did'nt look like the SS posted
Then I tryed Vert's UI, that actually worked for me, got my guild window back and all, but I cant go repair my gear, my AA skills is not working anymore, and I 'm still missing ALOT of my icons..

So no, I'm trying anything I can possible imagine, but with my limited skills of UI making I'm hoping anyone in here has an idea on what to do.
When my default UI does'nt work, I'm just like Loost..

Sry for the long post, I just could'nt stop

And sry for any grama mistakes also..

Thnx in advance for any help I might get.
Unread 09-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

How did you remove EQ2? By deleting it'd directory or the Uninstall from add/remove programs? You shouldn't ever have to remove EQ2 because of a UI BTW, running the patcher will 99% of the time fix it.

There are 4 main files that deal with UI and UI settings out side of the UI it self.. Default.ini, Resents.ini, eq2.ini and <server>_<char>_eq2uisettings.ini i believe are their names. Resents.ini is just a reflection of Default.ini before you change any settings and is the file the game writes to when you make changes to the client settings. eq2.ini tells EQ2 what UI to use and allows you to enter command that supersede any settings that may be in resents.ini. eq2uisettings.ini is of course the cryptic file that holds all the placement, size and etc of the UI windows. Deleting them 4 files should 99% of the time fix UI issues.

Being you said you total wiped EQ2 from your system and reinstalled it and the default UI don't even work correctly, I just don't know what to tell you really. If you removed EQ2 via the add/remove programs; I would think it wouldn't of totally removed all the file as its common in uninstallers to only remove file that it placed there, so you probably had tons of waste files left that wasn't removed including the 4 files talked about above.

In summation.. Delete the 4 files talked about above, run the patcher and see if that works. If not uninstall EQ2 via the add/remove programs then go and totally delete the EQ2 directory and then reinstall EQ2. Totally removing the app/program should always be the last step not the first.
Unread 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

sounds like you have multiple problems - so it would be wise to attack them one at a time - first, lets try to get the default UI working like it should - forget custom pieces for now till you get that settled. I'll cover everything I can think of here - if you've done any of this before, it will probably sound familiar:

1.delete all custom pieces from every folder so all you have left is the default folder - if you have the map updater or if your UI set comes with an installer - get rid of it or disable it for now.

2. make sure your EQ2.ini file looks something like this (the order of the 2 lines may be swtiched in yours but that shouldn't matter):

cl_ui_skinname Default
cl_ui_subdir UI/

if it says anything other than "default" on the first line, fix it - dont try to add anything else till this works - not even Maps...

3. then run the patcher - when you get to the "PLAY" screen, hit the "preferences" button and select "Full File Scan" at the bottom, then save and re-run the patcher so it will repair any corrupt or missing files.

once the default works - then go ahead with making a custom folder and adding in your mods. make sure you follow the install instructions for your mod exactly, including the setup for any installers that may come with it. - personally I'd start with the EQMaps mod first and make sure that loads up fine - then move on, but do whatever the maker of your set recommends.

hope this was helpful in fixing your troubles - good luck
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

To quote myself, I did a complete reinstall of Everquest..
I deleted all I had, including custom files and eq2maps..
I installed eq2 again, ran the patcher and logged in with complety standart UI, and my problems where'nt over anyway..

But now I have most problems solved, I got a copy from a friend and it worked for me, now ll I'm missing is my numlock keys, they are still unknown when I try to set them..

Rest is a mixture of 5-6 different UI's, doe'nt look great, but it works

Will continue to see if I cant get my old Profit to work again.