EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 12-13-2004, 10:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default foreign language UI

I saw yesterday when trying to modify a UI that some of the text are not coming from the XML file. In the localized version there is a directory of the type everquest2/LP_REGION_EN_US/local where the LP_REGION_EN_US is substituted with your language version. This directory has some translation file inside.

Some of the file are text without boundary and some seems to be the boundary list for the text file. It is more a database type file than a text file that we are used to like an xml file or a text file with line like variable=value

If I copy some file from the default interface to a modified UI directory this translation is not working anymore. Just trying to modify the text of a button cause trouble.

Does some of you have read somewhere how to deal with this local directory? In the localized version there is a lot of button with the translated text too long for the button size and I cannot even change the text without having window that do not appear anymore. I was able to change the xp bar because there is no local text on it
Unread 12-17-2004, 05:01 PM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

from what i have read and have come to understand is that people who have purchased a copy of EQ2 in a diff language and installed another diff language (i.e. bought german copy, installed as english) that directory is made.

Inside that directory is pretty much ANOTHER copy of all the files for eq2, resulting in twice the space taken on your HD, which is a hefty 8gigs or so.

I believe that LP_REGION_EN_US has all the files that are used and the other files are obsolete....

Hope this helps...
Tony
________
I_love

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 09:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

What i have is an US cd-rom installation with a locale in french set for the storm server. So I have an installation of everquest II in :

D:\jeux\EverQuest II\

because I play in french I have another copy of the file inside

D:\jeux\EverQuest II\LP_REGION_FR_FR\

this contain the directory

D:\jeux\EverQuest II\LP_REGION_FR_FR\locale

This directory contain a some files related to the translation of things inside the game but also of the interface.

My problem is there. Because this files are outside the UI directory I cannot modify them without having the file repatched and I don't have the format of the files. How can I modify the UI with this way of making the translation?