EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 02-09-2006, 10:10 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Test Server & Pet Naming

Hello. I love the Thor UI. But I have two questions that I haven't been able to get correct information on yet.

1) How do I change the name of my pet.

2) How do I use Thor on the test server. On the Sony forum I was directed to copy and paste the UI into the test server files. When I started up EQ II the UI did not load. So I copied and pasted them into a different folder in test server. I never could get it to work.

Thanks in advance for the sound and easy to follow directions I know that I will get.

Zoobecca
Unread 02-10-2006, 02:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

In addition to copying the folder from UI to the TestServer/UI folder, you also have to copy eq2.ini
Unread 02-10-2006, 03:14 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Splitpaw
Default Petname

Change pet name using command "/petname <name>" without the quotes ... and the name you want to call the pet instead of <name>

HTH
Unread 02-21-2006, 07:15 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Oh sweet disaster! I got the files copied and Thor was running smoothly for hours and through many different zones. I had installed it on two different computers and was 2-boxing. Then wham! I zoned into Willow Wood from Antonica (on my main computer with the ATI 9800 All In Wonder) and everyone had this gold glow and appeared naked. The top layers of the graphics (not technical here) were all messed up.

I went in and tried to restore my original files anyway I could think of and nothing helped. I ended up deleting all of the Test Server files and then reinstalling them. While I was waiting for the files to finish loading on my main system I logged into my 2nd system with that account. Wham! I got the same gold glowing graphics.

The problem wasn't with the system but with the preferences on that toon. Groan! All that time waisted in deleting and the re-downloading the Test Server files. I delected the character since she was only a level 13 and I wasn't entirely happy with her. I was concerned that my toon on my 2nd account would also have the same problem so I removed Thor from that accounts files.

I really feel at a handicap when I am not using Thor but I don't want to risk having this corrupeted melt-down again. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

I couldn't locate the INI file that Magus suggested I also copy. Would this have cause that issue? If so then why did it work nicely for as long as it did? Where are the INI files located? I have copied INI files in EQ Live many times and know where they should be but the EQ2 INI's seem to elude me.

Help, Zoo
Unread 02-22-2006, 04:48 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok, sill me. I just read the FAQ and found the instructions on the INI files. I will try that this weekend and let you know how that goes.

Thanks, Zoo
Unread 03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I finally got the UI reinstalled and copied the INI file just like the instructions said to. It works like a charm. No glowing nude toons running around this time. It's just pure sweet Thor UI. Thanks, Zoo