EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 02-08-2006, 10:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Default Multiple UI Configuration Directive

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone know if there will be plans in the future to allow multiple UI directives in the eq2.ini file. What I would like to see is allowing multiple directives in the file so you don't have to use one directory for everything. Let me give an example:

I use EQ2Map and currently I have to place everything in it's directory. And since I don't use a full UI set and only grab certain specific items to use in my UI the directory gets a little messy. I don't know if this is even possible or not to do but it would be nice to see. So the way I envision it:

c:\program files\sony\eq2\ui\eq2map
c:\program files\sony\eq2\ui\new_journal_window
c:\program files\sony\eq2\ui\new_xp_bar
c:\program files\sony\eq2\ui\new_group_window

and so on. that way it would be cleaner and if i wanted to get rid of a certain mod i could just delete the directory and directive. Could this be done?

Thanks!
Unread 02-08-2006, 03:22 PM
A Fallen Diplomat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Yes this can be done now but not sure it is worth the headache. Maybe later there will be a better way.

You could put the eq2ui.xml file or the specific mode type file in your UI folder and change the mods that you have to include in a folder. Then if you delete that mod edit the eq2ui file to remove that. An example. . .

Inventory window

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page ismodule="true" Name="Inventory" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml</include>
</Page>
Change that to say

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page ismodule="true" Name="Inventory" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>/CustomBag/eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml</include>
</Page>
And when you get rid of that custom bag just delete the folder name. You could probably get away with just the MainHud, Invintory, and maybe Tradskills windows. Personaly I find this is more of a headache than having a neat folder.

Another option (the one I do) is have my UI folder have my main UI in it with all my custom files (I call it MixMatch). Then I have a 2nd folder called Base. In the Base folder I have folders for each mod that I use. The game will always call my MixMatch folder. If the MixMatch folder gets messed up, or I delete a mod on accident, or don't remember all the files I need to delete, I just delete the entire MixMatch folder and copy over the mods from my Base folder back into mix match.

It would be nice to have a check box system like WoW though, where you can activated/deactivate mods.