Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-11-2005, 06:59 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Full-size & 3/4 Multi-Format Bag Mods

The comment lists are starting to get a bit full, and generally if a bug affects one of the two mods it affects the other as well, so I figured I may as well start a discussion/bug report/whatever thread for them.

Most Recent Update:
* Re-enabled ESC to close

Known Issues:
* After installing a new version of the mod any bag left in the horizontal or vertical position will not be movable. Switch the format to something else, then switch it back and it will become movable. You will only need to do this once per bag and only when installing a new version of the mod. (I have no idea why it does this, but since it only seems to happen right after a new XML install I'm not too worried.)
* Horizontal and vertical format bags may only be moved via the grab handle. Empty inventory slots will not allow you to move the bag. (I have no idea why it does this either, but since it's got a grab handle for a reason, I'm not too worried about this one.)

Previous Updates:
* Added grab handle for moving full bags.
* Unlinked close button visibility from frame opacity.
* Resized close button and grab handle to better fit 3/4 size (3/4 version only.)
* Fixed grab handle to shrink rather than crop (3/4 version only.)
* Fixed close button location on bags larger than 4 slots (3/4 version only.)
* Fixed instances where bags with less than 4 slots caused sizing issues.
* Added slots 21-36.
* Removed click-through on non-existant slots (was causing issues with bag focus.)
* Added StayPut (tm) Technology.
* Added horizontal and vertical formats based on Frame & Titlebar settings.
* Added bag label as grab handle tooltip.
* Fixed StayPut (tm) so it actually, you know, stays put.

Last edited by ger : 05-05-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Unread 04-19-2005, 05:15 AM
A Brown Bear

I am using the Full size mod and since you added the stayput code my bags won't close using the ESC key. Is this a known side-effect of the new code, or did you change something else.

Would it be possible to have a versoin / update where ESC works again

Thanks
Unread 04-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasdarren
I am using the Full size mod and since you added the stayput code my bags won't close using the ESC key. Is this a known side-effect of the new code, or did you change something else.

Would it be possible to have a versoin / update where ESC works again

Thanks
It's a side effect of untying the close button from the frame visibility. I experimented with setting the close button as IsCancelButton, but that has interesting effects on the order of windows closed. I'll play with it a bit more and see if I can remedy it.
Unread 04-27-2005, 04:51 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default Raid Window Support?

Sorry Ger , I didnt see a support Forum for your raid window, so i am posting here.

I took you window, and err umm bastardized it.

Riped control panel out and pasted into my Experience window ( exp window from peridition v8 mod) recoded all the controls, added a 5th button, that "unlockes" the 4 windows, allowing movemement, and then allowing you to LOCK them, complete with a UNLOCKED warning light......

works Beautifly! One problem.....

the window resets to top Left evertime i reload the game. is there a way to make it stay put like the bags?

Included are my 2 files.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (35.3 KB, 236 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml (40.8 KB, 219 views)
Unread 04-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Wow, that's a cool idea. I'm not sure if there's a way to retain the position of the individual raid windows, but I'll see what I can figure out—and I'm definitely including that lock/unlock button in the next raid window release. Good work.
Unread 04-29-2005, 05:49 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default tried and failed

can put loc into Raid main page.... puts window where i want, but when you unlock if leaves limited movement area for the windows if soemone want to move them. so this is a fail.

I tried the StayPut (lol) technology from the bag mods, this didnt work either.

I set main Loc back to 0,0 then set LOC for each raid mini window, yet those numbers disapeared, so that didnt work either.

..... glad you like the unlock feature. just hope we can get the placement issue resolved
Unread 04-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolist
can put loc into Raid main page.... puts window where i want, but when you unlock if leaves limited movement area for the windows if soemone want to move them. so this is a fail.

I tried the StayPut (lol) technology from the bag mods, this didnt work either.

I set main Loc back to 0,0 then set LOC for each raid mini window, yet those numbers disapeared, so that didnt work either.

..... glad you like the unlock feature. just hope we can get the placement issue resolved
I tend to doubt we'll be able to. I don't think the UISettings files save the locations of sub-pages, only the parent pages. Since each group window is a page within a page (or volume, depending on how you defined it) within the parent raid page its position will most likely always default to whatever is defined in the XML.
Unread 04-30-2005, 02:09 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Guk

What is this "StayPut" thing everyone keeps telling me to add to my bag mods? And how did you do it?

Personally I never had problems with my bags... they stay where I put them...
Unread 04-30-2005, 05:54 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
What is this "StayPut" thing everyone keeps telling me to add to my bag mods? And how did you do it?

Personally I never had problems with my bags... they stay where I put them...

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2178

If you've never had the problem, it's because you keep your bags too close to the top of the screen.
Unread 04-30-2005, 04:44 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default Problem kinda resolved.....

not perfect solution but meets my needs well enough.

I changed Location to 0,250 which dropped the top of the window to the level I wanted, I then changed

VolumeFill="down_left2right" to
VolumeFill="down_right2left"

this basically places the mini windows where I want them while still allowing movment over 80% of the screen.

Oh I also reversed order so they are

so in theory when you close 4 or 3 and 4 if closes the ones farthest from my casting buttons.
Unread 05-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Version 3.0b uploaded. See first post for most recent changes.
Unread 05-11-2005, 03:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default How do you choose between the various formats?

I just downloaded this mod and have yet to install it, but I thought I would try and understand how you choose between the vertical and horizontal bag formats. I currently use vertical bag formats for everything and wish to maintain this. I wasn't clear as to whether vertical bag formats are supported by this mod nor how one would choose between them.

Thanks in advance.
Unread 05-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgregs
I just downloaded this mod and have yet to install it, but I thought I would try and understand how you choose between the vertical and horizontal bag formats. I currently use vertical bag formats for everything and wish to maintain this. I wasn't clear as to whether vertical bag formats are supported by this mod nor how one would choose between them.

Thanks in advance.
Format is controlled by the Frame & Titlebar settings in Window Options. Just change between None, Frame Only, and Frame and Titlebar until you get the format you want. Format will be retained across logouts, so don't worry about having to reset anything when you log in.
Unread 06-07-2005, 03:27 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

i love the "full-size multiformat bag (inset grab handle, close button; no frame, titlebar, backdrop, dead space" mod but wish it was a 6x6 form of it... i found Ertoocs_6SlotBags but for some reason on his mod when i have a 16 slot container it only shows 12 in the square form

I have now fixed Ertoocs' mod if you would like a copy of it pls see attachment

It now shows all slots when in square mode

right-click on file and click save-as

It'll start off as a normal bag then change the Frame & Title part like mentioned andyour all set for verticle and horizontal

I sat down and went through the actual code Line by Line to make sure everything was in order....and it is NOW if you download from my link

It works partialy, I have discovered a few bugs if someone is willing to look at it...
  1. Window Layouts are not saved upon logout
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (70.6 KB, 614 views)

Last edited by I420bdawg : 06-12-2005 at 03:59 AM.
Unread 06-13-2005, 06:22 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

i've got your most recent version of this mod installed and it works great except that the box in bank slot 1 does not remember my Frame Only and location. all other bag slots retain their Frame only layout and location i put them. but bank slot 1 won't. For the record i've a 16 slot Pristine ash strong box sitting there.

I set the bag to frame only, place it where i want it and hit locked. it stays there until i log off and on, then it reverts back.
Unread 06-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorvani
i've got your most recent version of this mod installed and it works great except that the box in bank slot 1 does not remember my Frame Only and location. all other bag slots retain their Frame only layout and location i put them. but bank slot 1 won't. For the record i've a 16 slot Pristine ash strong box sitting there.

I set the bag to frame only, place it where i want it and hit locked. it stays there until i log off and on, then it reverts back.
Haven't heard that one before, nor have I seen it myself. Try switching it with another container, setting it to Frame & Titlebar, clicking okay, then back to Frame Only.
Unread 06-13-2005, 08:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:

I have the same problem with a 20 slot box in one of my house vault slots. All other slots are working fine.
Unread 06-14-2005, 08:54 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Note i'm using the Full Size mod. i'll try the 3/4 mod tomorrow, and see if that fixes it..

before i transferred servers the problem was one of my house slots.. then when i set everything up after the transfer it was a bank slot doing it.

took the box from slot one and put it in slot 2.reset everything. logged off and back on. slot 1 still broke.

the box is not saving ANY of it's settings. For the record i'm setting the box to Frame Only, In a certain spot(i've tried multiple places), and Locked.

just put a 12 slot box in that position and when i first opened it the 'x' to close it was still out on slot 16 and i couldn't click on anything in the "empty" space where slots 13-16 used to be. i reset it from frame to frame & title and then back again and the 'x' moved to the right place and there was nothign blocking clicks.

logged out and back inwith the 12 slot in the position, and it still defaulted back to Frame & Title bar and in a default location and not locked.

and i know it isn't some funky legacy code in my INI file cause i just made a new one due to server transfer changing the name of my INI. This happened on both servers to me. just happened to be in a different slot.

OH! one thing to maybe help trouble shoot this. both times, this has been the LAST box/bag i've tried to set to this.

ie: On my old server, I set my 6 inventory bags. then i set my 12 bank bags, then i set my house vault slots(left then right), and the right house vault failed.. On my new server i set my 6 inventory bags, then my house vault, then my bank(top left slot last), and that is the one not setting.

i've no idea why this should be a problem, but i thought i'd mention it.
Unread 06-15-2005, 05:57 AM
Steward of the Faithful

That's…weird. And to be honest, I highly doubt it's the mod. I can't think of any reason that 13 of 14 would work perfectly and one wouldn't. If anyone notices anything else odd that might point to it being the mod, please let me know, but as of right now I'm assuming it's some weird bug on SOE's end.
Unread 06-15-2005, 09:40 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
but as of right now I'm assuming it's some weird bug on SOE's end.
that's my assumption too. but i figured i'd post my experience.
Unread 06-17-2005, 12:37 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
That's…weird. And to be honest, I highly doubt it's the mod. I can't think of any reason that 13 of 14 would work perfectly and one wouldn't. If anyone notices anything else odd that might point to it being the mod, please let me know, but as of right now I'm assuming it's some weird bug on SOE's end.
ok i just tested it with the 3/4 mod first by jsut overwriting the full size xml file mod with no other changes, no fix.

then i deleted all my .ini files the entire custom directory including eq2map. i then ran eq2map updater to recreate the eq2.ini and redownload the files.

then i reinstalled all my xml files. i use only a few. a 3/4 hotbar, the 3/4 bag, eq2map, and the merchant mode search button thing.

launched EQ2, everytihng worked, maps, 3/4 hotbar, and the search button. so i set about resetting all my bag setting yet again.
i started with bag 6 Frame Only, move to location, OK, repeat bag 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, shared slot 4, 3, 2, 1, bank slot 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, house vault left, right.

i was camping out and in between every new named section. to ensure functionality.

the ONLY slot that fails to work is house vault right.

so i repeate the process. i deleted my character INI files, then relaunch te game. everything was defaulted again.so i started with bag 6 Frame Only, move to location, OK, repeat bag 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, shared slot 4, 3, 2, 1, house vault left, right, bank slot 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

now bank slot 1 isn't holding.
Unread 06-17-2005, 12:55 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
then i deleted all my .ini files ... then i reinstalled all my xml files. i use only a few. a 3/4 hotbar, the 3/4 bag, eq2map, and the merchant mode search button thing.

launched EQ2, everytihng worked, maps, 3/4 hotbar, and the search button. so i set about resetting all my bag setting yet again... house vault left, right.

i was camping out and in between every new named section. to ensure functionality.

the ONLY slot that fails to work is house vault right.

so i repeate the process. ... bank slot 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

now bank slot 1 isn't holding.

So, to summarize: the first 20 bags you reposition are saving their location correctly, but the 21st and final bag is not. Correct?

(Edit: Since the house vault itself uses the bag window, there's actually twenty-ONE copies of the window to save position for.)

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 06-17-2005 at 02:08 AM.
Unread 06-17-2005, 02:31 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

when you setup your slots on the second row the slots must all have the same y cordinate or else if you have say a 16 slot bag it will only show 12 slots beacuse of the last slot having its y cord set at is location +32 or whatever size slot you have....if you make all slots on row 2 with same y cord and all slots on row 3 with same y cord, etc. it will work
Unread 06-17-2005, 04:45 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
So, to summarize: the first 20 bags you reposition are saving their location correctly, but the 21st and final bag is not. Correct?

(Edit: Since the house vault itself uses the bag window, there's actually twenty-ONE copies of the window to save position for.)
this is correct. it happens every time i wipe my INI files and redo things. and like i said previously, i just can't see how it's your mod causing the problem, but i wanted to be thorough in my posting about it just in case.
Unread 10-31-2005, 06:05 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unrest
Send a message via AIM to nomad980

Hey ger, I was wondering if your still using this mod. I tried using it today and noticed that the bags dont switch to vertical or horizontal mode. I am thinking it has something to do with the LU but who knows.

*edit* I tried the UltraTiny version of this and it seems to work well, but the 3/4s from you and Ertoocs dont.

Last edited by nomad980 : 10-31-2005 at 06:32 AM.