EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-17-2005, 08:17 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default WONDERFUL Mod! Condemned Catacombs problem

First off I LOVE this mod, you guys are doinging an outstanding job and many, many benefit from your talents.

I was in Condemned Catacombs yesterday and the map that shows up seems to be Vernim Snye or one of those underground Qeynos zones not sure which. It shows the zone out locations to all the Qeynos sub city zones.
Unread 03-17-2005, 09:42 AM
A Brown Bear

I experienced the same thing. But, Going along the map, you find that they reused the other map (including map name, and your path lines up perfectly) and blocked off some passages, and put different NPCs on it.
Unread 03-17-2005, 10:27 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpicard
First off I LOVE this mod, you guys are doinging an outstanding job and many, many benefit from your talents.

I was in Condemned Catacombs yesterday and the map that shows up seems to be Vernim Snye or one of those underground Qeynos zones not sure which. It shows the zone out locations to all the Qeynos sub city zones.
It appears that Sony has re-used several Dungeon Layouts and Maps in some of their instanced zones. I noticed a similar issue yesterday when doing the Qeynos Citizenship instanced zone shares the same map as the Crow's Resting Place.

I'm not up on the programming of the EQ2MAP mod, so I will leave the explaination to why it shows the zones for the Qeynos Sub City Zones to the authors of the mod and Updater to explain. But I suspect that the zone returns the same info to the EQ2Map as those non instanced Catacomb zones (Vermin Snye).

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-17-2005, 01:39 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Humudce said it best with "It appears that Sony has re-used several Dungeon Layouts and Maps in some of their instanced zones."

The map is loaded based on the internal zone name, not the actual name of the zone. When an instanced zone uses the same layout as a normal zone, it has the same internal name.

Some maps I will be able to add a tweak to allow different POIs to show so you'll get correct info for that map; some there is no work around and the most common instance of that zone layout will get precedence.

Quib
Unread 12-30-2006, 02:34 PM
A Coastal Crab

I guess this is the same problem. When in The Down Below, I actually get the map for the Condemned Catacombs. Until I realised what was happening, I actually submitted a bunch of zone POIs for The Down Below, naively thinking that hey had been left out. My apologies for all these unnecessary submissions.

However, The Down Below is one of the most useful zones for moving around Qeynos quickly. Is there any way we can force the use of The Down Below map instead of any of the others that have been reused?
Unread 12-31-2006, 01:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denival
I guess this is the same problem. When in The Down Below, I actually get the map for the Condemned Catacombs. Until I realised what was happening, I actually submitted a bunch of zone POIs for The Down Below, naively thinking that hey had been left out. My apologies for all these unnecessary submissions.

However, The Down Below is one of the most useful zones for moving around Qeynos quickly. Is there any way we can force the use of The Down Below map instead of any of the others that have been reused?
the "Down Below" map is a wierd one. When you first open the map it shows the Condemned Catacombs. However if without closing the map you switch to the world map and then back to the zone it changes to the Down Below POI's.
Unread 01-22-2007, 04:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Down Below/CC and Serpent Sewers/Gobblerocks

Hi, I have tried some work arounds, including switsching the names of the .xml files, but nothing seems to work.
Is this a SOE bug or something inherently in the EQ2Map?
I am not aware exactly when this issue popped up... it MIGHT be after EoF, but I am not so sure. Could be another EoF hotfix.

Any ETA of a fix?
Thanks

Olaf
Unread 01-22-2007, 04:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Supposedly SOE added a fix for this that hasn’t taken fully with EQ2MAP. I’m not sure if the fix actually corrected the issue entirely or not so someone else will need to comment on that.

I first ran into this problem nearly a year ago so it’s been around for quite some time now.

Have you tried switiching to the World Map tab then back again to the Current Zone tab? This usually works.
Unread 01-26-2007, 05:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yeah... i did try to switch to world map and then back again... no change.

Olaf
Unread 01-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Scuba Steve

Server: Everfrost

The switching to the world map and back trick is for the POI issue. It won't do a thing for the problem of the wrong map being displayed.
Unread 02-01-2007, 02:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Sony used to reuse internal map styles for zones that shared geometry (e.g. The Down Below/Condemned catacombs or Serpent Sewer/Gobblerock's Hideout ) so quib set it up so the EQ2map would choose which icons to show based on whether the fogcheckbox was visible or hidden. That's the way it currently works.

However, the fogcheckbox was changed to always be visible to deal with a recent bug.

So to make a long story short. That's something we'll have to take a look at but for now; When in the down below try typing
"/hide_window MainHUD.Map.FogCheckbox" (Caps count) and see what happens

Last edited by Talyns : 02-01-2007 at 02:24 PM.