EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 04-23-2009, 09:54 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Permafrost
Default Chat history overlays text entry until I do a mouseover

When I first log in to the game I have to run my mouse over the chat window so that the chat history shifts above the text entry area. After I do that once for the toon I am playing, it stays that way for the rest of the session. It's not like that it is a real burden or anything, but it is a bit irritating and I would like to fix it if I can.

I see the FAQ entry about the issue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Q: How can I set my chat window so the text entry box doesn't overlay the chat history?
A: Use Window Settings and turn ON the titlebar for any chat window you plan to type in. You can hide the titlebar using the opacity slider.
However, toggling from one setting and back to get it set right, then camping out and coming back into the game has not repaired the issue for me.

Anyone have an idea that hopefully does not include starting from one of the default layouts and rearranging every window to my preferences again?

-Ged
Unread 04-24-2009, 04:25 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Until very recently, MouseOver was the best way to trigger the layout adjustment, so its working as intended.

Some recently added events give me some new options I'll play with for the next release. I think I can now set it to adjust whenever you start to type.
Unread 04-24-2009, 07:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

You could also follow the option found here and rename the _simple_eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml to disable input stealthing.

That will eliminate the need to hover, change titlebar settings or opacity. Just the normal chat window.