EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-28-2005, 07:29 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Penta UI Support thread

First off, This UI is from DeltaX(Original Delta is awesome EQ1 UI by Tekyn) and mine poor remix of Delta3. I have to say Thank you to Tekyn orignal author first, I was inspired DeltaX enough and enough.
Well. I love furtuistic dashboard Look'N Feel. I was roaming on EQ2Interface site to get nice mod fit for me. but no luck. you know there are AWESOME UI in here, but just not fit for me. thats all. so I decided that create Penta UI. plus I got bored while my main comp was on the repair.

0) Recommended Resolution and Option
* Resolution: 1280 x 1024 - This UI works perfectly with 1280 x 1024. I'm gonna update this to support other res in couple months but who know?
* Option: Check Smooth fonts, Uncheck Use small sans serif font and Widescreen letterbox 0 (but Not required)

1) Installation
* Same as other mods
1. Unzip Penta.zip
2. Move EQ2.ini file into EQ2 main folder
3. Move SeverName_CharacterName_eq2_uisettings.ini file into EQ2 main folder and then change file name of blah_eq2_uisettings.ini properly
4. Move Penta folder under UI folder
5. Run EQ2 and check it works
* Adding EQ2map
1.After install this UI
2.Run EQ2Map updater

2) Detailed Featured
1. Player Window
* Window Settings
@ Frame and Titlebar - Show all info(Default)
@ Frame Only - Hide MiniMaintainted Buff
@ None - Hide almost info
* Small Tip - Do not forget dragging Opacity slider
2. Target Window
* Window Settings
@ Frame Only - Hide Target Effect Buff/Debuff
* Known Issue
@ Show spell effects option not work in Option window but no worry. see above
@ v1 is same with v0
3. Group Window
* Window Settings
@ Frame Only - Hide Current Health of each groupmembers
4.Implied Target Window
* Same as Target Window
5. Hotkey Window
* Window Settings
@ Frame Only - Hide hotkey label
@ None - Hide frame
* Bank page shows when mouse over
6. Chat Window
* Window Settings
@ Frame Only - Hide close button
@ None - Hide frame
7.Maintained Window
* Window Settings - Same as default Maintained window
* I think time progress bar draws attention better than digit time
8.Experience Window
* well, you know there are exp bars in both player target window so I decided use this window more functional.
* You can hide this window by [ x ] button or hit Alt - X (default) You can show this window up again by Alt - X, either
* You can bring up Window Setting by [ o ] button
* You can allow Pop-up menu by checkbox
* You can move each HUD(Head-Up Display) while unchecking Click throgh enabled(each position gonna reset when you log)
* You can change HUD and label opacity (drag opacity slider)
* You can turn on/off each HUDs but self HP/MP HUD

3) Support
If you found bug or have suggestion about this post here

4) Credit
I have grabbed lot of ideas in here and got inspiration from Delta. thus All credits should be given to orginal author.
5) Download
Click Here
Thanx

Last edited by neonrain : 12-28-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Unread 12-28-2005, 09:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Looks great. Nice work. I definately like the progress bars on the maintained, and will be looking into that. I wasn't aware you could do that.
Unread 12-29-2005, 12:39 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1
Default Great UI

Love the UI... Played arround with it for about 2-3 hours and no problems. Keep up the good work.

Im a Extreme UI user so Im use to added features and would love to see this UI possibly add some of that. I also play in 1600x1200 and it worked pefect for me since I like to have extra hotbars out =)

I added a SS of what I would like to see done, alot of them come from the extreme UI that im also fond of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suggestions.JPG
Views:	692
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	4389  
Unread 12-29-2005, 12:44 AM
A Grove Wisp

Default ui

great ui but my target window show's nothing not the one with all the stuff on it but the other one. the one called the implied window.
Unread 12-29-2005, 03:17 AM
A Coastal Crab

im having the same problem as chad with no info displaying in the implied target window
Unread 12-29-2005, 08:23 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

A really nice UI . My biggest problem is the size of the font in group and target windows (i.e. tooo small, have to sqint to try reading the names). How can I make it bigger and more readable for me?

~Skarlett
Unread 12-30-2005, 03:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_08
im having the same problem as chad with no info displaying in the implied target window
woot. I forgot this issue. well, I did force show up Implied Target window to set options in game before release this UI. that's reason about this issue. maybe..
btw, Implied Target Window is to show up while you are in group and target groupmember who is targeting mob ONLY. If you can't see Implied Target Window in group, even if you have groupmember targeted that is targetting mob. Try to put following command in game.

/show_window MainHUD.ImpliedTarget (Case sensitive)

or you can assign shorcut key to Implied Target Window in Option window. ( Option -> Control -> Window Keys)

Im gonna try to fix this issue in next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarlett
A really nice UI . My biggest problem is the size of the font in group and target windows (i.e. tooo small, have to sqint to try reading the names). How can I make it bigger and more readable for me?

~Skarlett
Wow. really? Im considering whether have to decrease font size or not. those font size are big for me. lol

btw, it is easy. open each files with notepad.

1) Open eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml
1. find all * /PentaStyles.Etcfonts.FontArial14 *
2. replace it with * /TextStyles.Large.LargeStyle *
3. save file.

2) Open eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml
1. find all * /TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle *
2. replace it with * /TextStyles.Large.LargeStyle *
3. save file

Thanx
Unread 12-30-2005, 06:53 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Woopee...thanks lots!
Unread 12-30-2005, 12:22 PM
A Berserk Golem

I tried the fix to make the fonts bigger but it doesnt seem to of done anything
What file does "/TextStyles.Large.LargeStyle" this refrence?
Unread 12-31-2005, 02:14 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Great UI! I like the clean lines and that it comes with Arial font. LOVE Arial . I also really like the pentagram conc. display, very unique.

Running it in 1600x1200 cuz that's what my monitor likes...my setup is similar to bakes. I'm not too concerned about a special version for my reso, but I'm sure a few tweaks here and there are coming soon. Couple issues that I've come accross so far and some suggestions follow...

-On the combat experience bar, when I disable combat experience, it normally should say "Combat experience disabled". I dunno if this is an issue with the windows shrinking to my resolution or if your exp bar is normally a lot smaller than the default, but on yours I only see the words "Combat Experience". I don't really have a problem with a tiny exp bar, but perhaps you could play with it so that the word "disabled" can be seen on the bar when exp is turned off.

-A smaller bag mod would be a nice thing to include. I know there are stand-alone bag mods available, but using pieces not included in a UI this different from the default can lead to compatability issues, and it's just nice to have an all-inclusive UI since I think a lot of people prefer smaller bags with no dead space.

-Setting frame and title to "none" on the player window and target window is a great way to hide unwanted/unneeded information, but the grey stat displays to the far left and right are still hanging there empty but for the stat labels. Maybe hide the grey areas from sight along with the stat info on the "none" frame setting? Sure it will alter the "square" look of the dashboard but I think it will look cleaner that way.

-A side-by-side journal window might be a nice addition. This layout can make it easier to see a large amount of quests on the left plus plenty of quest text on the right without having to stretch the window too huge.

-The buff effects window has some unnecessary dead space around the icons. Could use some cleaning up and maybe even a reduction in the icon size.

-The maintained effects window cuts off the text of some spell names and targets that are really long (like pet targets for instance). Expanding the width of this window does not help. Please let the full text display be visible, since we can still shrink the width of the window to suit.

-I was adjusting the group window settings when the group members' names disappeared from displaying no matter what I put the window settings back to. As u can see in the attached image, I have the group window settings open and all the sliders are at 100% opacity with frame and titlebar on. I can see the F keys, level and class of the group members, but I'd rather just see their names if I had to choose lol. Not sure what caused them to disappear.

That's about it for now. Didn't get into much combat yet. Will revise with any further issues I find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grp window error.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	4401  

Last edited by Eloora : 12-31-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Unread 01-01-2006, 04:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakes
I tried the fix to make the fonts bigger but it doesnt seem to of done anything
What file does "/TextStyles.Large.LargeStyle" this refrence?
ah bad. It looks like same size between Large and Normal Style with Smooth fonts option in game. hmm. well. I will upload window piece with big font under add-on category after fix several known bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
Running it in 1600x1200 cuz that's what my monitor likes...my setup is similar to bakes. I'm not too concerned about a special version for my reso, but I'm sure a few tweaks here and there are coming soon. Couple issues that I've come accross so far and some suggestions follow...
Im jealous of you and other are able to play with huge res. Never run EQ2 with 1600x1200. I have 2 monitors but both(17inch old type, 19inch LCD) not support 1600x1200

Quote:
-On the combat experience bar, when I disable combat experience, it normally should say "Combat experience disabled". I dunno if this is an issue with the windows shrinking to my resolution or if your exp bar is normally a lot smaller than the default, but on yours I only see the words "Combat Experience". I don't really have a problem with a tiny exp bar, but perhaps you could play with it so that the word "disabled" can be seen on the bar when exp is turned off.
woot. forgot arrange it before release. hehe. btw, you can fix easy yourself. just change * Experience * to * Exp *

Quote:
-A smaller bag mod would be a nice thing to include. I know there are stand-alone bag mods available, but using pieces not included in a UI this different from the default can lead to compatability issues, and it's just nice to have an all-inclusive UI since I think a lot of people prefer smaller bags with no dead space.

-A side-by-side journal window might be a nice addition. This layout can make it easier to see a large amount of quests on the left plus plenty of quest text on the right without having to stretch the window too huge.

-The buff effects window has some unnecessary dead space around the icons. Could use some cleaning up and maybe even a reduction in the icon size.
Simple is Best. this is my motto. (Do you know This UI size is only 96.6 Kb)
Im really lazy. yes I can add several nice stand-alone mods to this UI and its not hard thing. but I said before Im soooo lazy so I want less worry about recoding xml files every Live Update is updated. btw, I have to consider including bag mod.

Quote:
-Setting frame and title to "none" on the player window and target window is a great way to hide unwanted/unneeded information, but the grey stat displays to the far left and right are still hanging there empty but for the stat labels. Maybe hide the grey areas from sight along with the stat info on the "none" frame setting? Sure it will alter the "square" look of the dashboard but I think it will look cleaner that way.
I agree with you. Im gonna update this soon.

Quote:
-The maintained effects window cuts off the text of some spell names and targets that are really long (like pet targets for instance). Expanding the width of this window does not help. Please let the full text display be visible, since we can still shrink the width of the window to suit.
I have no idea about full size to let spell name display be visible fully. well. Im gonna increase size to 200(it is 150 now)

Quote:
-I was adjusting the group window settings when the group members' names disappeared from displaying no matter what I put the window settings back to. As u can see in the attached image, I have the group window settings open and all the sliders are at 100% opacity with frame and titlebar on. I can see the F keys, level and class of the group members, but I'd rather just see their names if I had to choose lol. Not sure what caused them to disappear.
This is really weird bug. hmm. I will look into this issue. well.. need a group bot to test groupmember window without creating disturbance real user.

Thanx

Last edited by neonrain : 01-01-2006 at 04:50 AM.
Unread 01-01-2006, 04:52 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Im jealous of you and other are able to play with huge res. Never run EQ2 with 1600x1200. I have 2 monitors but both(17inch old type, 19inch LCD) not support 1600x1200
I have SLI 7800's also on a 21" .... Now time to find a bigger screen =)

Also another request is there a way to make it so when you mouse over a hotbar the arrows dont popup to change the windows.. very annoying when I go to heal and click and im like wtf bar 2 cus it didnt hit the heal but the arrow =)

Here are the mods I used to make my UI more for me and seem to be what people are looking for....

EQ2Maps

Bag Mod
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3598

Heroic Mod
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3554

Journal Mod
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ad.php?id=4131
Spell addin for Journal Mod
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4141

---EDIT---
Also is there a way to get the hp% of grp members in the F2 On popups etc when they are active and maybe a way to if u hit their hp box it targets th em?

Last edited by bakes : 01-01-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Unread 01-02-2006, 12:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Well the group window bug with the names not displaying seemed to have fixed itself the next time I logged back in. I left most of the settings alone so as not to have to deal with the issue again.

I took your advise and altered the "Combat experience disabled" text to fit to my exp bar, but you might want to consider either fixing it in the mod itself, or being a little more explicit with the what, where etc. when it comes to altering individual UI files - some people aren't as savvy as I am .

I'll most likely go back to Profit UI on my main since she is a healer and I'm psycho about where all the hp bars and hotkeys are, but I'll still use this on my conjuror to continue debugging and to help your lazy butt optimize this great UI .

Regards,
Unread 01-03-2006, 01:54 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unkown

I have a Problem with the HUD..the big Numbers for mana and health...
I push there on anotherr place...but the location is every login resettet...
Also i can`t clickthrough...it is enabled...but many moments i will klick on a button middle of screen and it isnt possible...by righclick comes the windowsettings for xb-bar (on everyplace)

how can i disable the HUD?

The Guardian Angels
Unread 01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
A Berserk Golem

so when can we expect an update =P
Unread 01-05-2006, 02:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMagica
I have a Problem with the HUD..the big Numbers for mana and health...
I push there on anotherr place...but the location is every login resettet...
Also i can`t clickthrough...it is enabled...but many moments i will klick on a button middle of screen and it isnt possible...by righclick comes the windowsettings for xb-bar (on everyplace)

how can i disable the HUD?
Ya I agree with this one. I really love this UI and one of the most favorite features for this is the numbers for the mana and health. I like not having to look at bottom of screen to compare my health/mana with target. I like having it in a particular spot. But everytime I log into game these numbers reset to the default position.
If there was any way to make the numbers stay in the location the user assigns, that would make this UI mod totally complete in my book.

Thanks for the mod and look forward to the next update on it.
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:00 PM
A Brown Bear

take break for me for a week. I willl update this UI after come back from vacation. sorry for delaying update.

btw, Happy New Year all. (oh. too late? )

Last edited by neonrain : 01-05-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Unread 01-11-2006, 12:02 PM
A Brown Bear

I love this UI, but I am having a Couple bugs with it.

Group Window doesn't show group mates names or there hp / Mana

The Target of target window doesn't show the targets name/ info ( heroic, epic, ^ , ^^, ^^^ ect) it is just blank. It doesn't show the Tot's spells eather, it shows my targets spells.

Ok thats it for Bugs I am having.. Trying with a Full clean install ( new computer to see if theres any diference.) Think it might be one of my Option settings that is messing with it, but it shouldn't be.

Ok on to requests.

In #1. Player Window

* Window Settings

@ Frame Only - Hide MiniMaintainted Buff

Can you change it to Mini Effects ( I have a Nice big Maintained window that shows all the extra info already. Having a Mini Effects would let me close the efects window, and slim down the UI a bit more. )

In # 8. Experience Window
Can you add either the max to hp and mana or a % after the f2, - f6 numbers. Knowing what they have is nice for seeing bufs, but not remembering that f4 was a tank and is at 2k hp ( what my lowly mages are normaly arond ) because he pealed an add and not seeing that his HP has droped te4nds to make him mad =). Also is it posable to put a name after the F# in the HUD?

What I would like to see is soemthing like this

Code:

F2 - Tankzila		F3 - Onehitwonder 
8992 / 8992		2396 / 2396
2698 / 2698		5760 / 5760
or

F2 - Tankzila		F3 - Onehitwonder 
8992 - 100%		2396 - 100%
2698 - 100%		5760 - 100%
Thans for looking into these for me.
Unread 01-17-2006, 09:17 AM
A Berserk Golem

so are back from vacation yet and working on updates =P, just think next live update you will have more fun
Unread 01-21-2006, 12:50 PM
A Berserk Golem

This looks like a dead UI now too bad, it was great
Unread 01-22-2006, 12:36 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

Just wondering if you were planning on updating the UI for LU19 cus its really close to going live, like a week or so me thinks.

I love the UI, please update.

Heck I love it enough to not really want to update vertClassic :P

Unread 01-23-2006, 12:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Sorry for delay.

I was busy for a while. I, scarecely, had went biz-trip about for a week when i came back from vacation. came back 4 days ago but I have to spend time with family.
I have a job. I have family. I have friends. RL is most important things than game. I have no time for updating this UI. understand me please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakes
This looks like a dead UI now too bad, it was great
No worry. This UI should be alive till I stop playing EQ2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
Just wondering if you were planning on updating the UI for LU19 cus its really close to going live, like a week or so me thinks.
I think This UI is OK with LU19 even though no update. (I know there are serveral bugs but should be work with LU19 since ive compared with LU19 changes -from here- and it seems to be ok) plus I will update this UI soon.
Very sorry for delay.

Thanx.

Last edited by neonrain : 01-23-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Unread 01-24-2006, 03:50 PM
A Griffon

Not a problem at all, glad to see your still here working on it

Unread 01-26-2006, 07:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythix
Ya I agree with this one. I really love this UI and one of the most favorite features for this is the numbers for the mana and health. I like not having to look at bottom of screen to compare my health/mana with target. I like having it in a particular spot. But everytime I log into game these numbers reset to the default position.
If there was any way to make the numbers stay in the location the user assigns, that would make this UI mod totally complete in my book.

Thanks for the mod and look forward to the next update on it.

Just was wondering if you are going to address the heads up display issue soon? Is this going to be a fix with LU19?
Unread 01-26-2006, 09:04 PM
A Griffon

I am using it on test and it works. The Hud numbers for F2-F6 dont update correctly so that might be an issue with the LU or the mod not sure.