EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 04-08-2009, 09:33 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default strange bug w/ item inspect windows

ive noticed a strange bug within the item inspect window.

to me this looks more like a game bug but i figured id ask anyways:

whenever theres an open inspect window of either the breastplate or the gloves of any set (tested with both t3 sets available to an inq and the soul lancer t2 shard set), opening up the second wont show up.

i know that sounds foggy, so heres how to do it:

- inspect any set breastplate
- inspect the same sets gloves
- notice that when you rightclick the gloves again, it says "close inspect"
- but the gloves-window is not visible.

the same happens if you open up the gloves first and then try to open up the bp.

when trying to inspect items from WoE molds, they randomly dont show up as well, i couldnt find any pattern as to which items are inspectable and which arent.
Unread 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This would be a copy/paste error with the in-game item database. Nothing modders can do. /bug it
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
A Weald Wolf

thanks for clarifying.
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:53 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

however, if it's always with the same number of inspect windows open that one goes missing then you have probably just moved it off screen
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Try the following...

Right-click and examine each jewelry piece in your inventory window without closing any of the examine windows between inspects.

If a window doesn't show for any of those items, there's a good chance that Examine window is off screen. Not positive, but I think you should be able to bring up as many as 10 examine windows at one time.
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yeah, sounds like you have an examine window stuck off screen. Open examines one at a time and note which # doesn't open. Then use escape to close them all and examine some other things... if you don't get a window at the same number, then it's almost certainly one hidden off screen.
Unread 04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
A Weald Wolf

okay uhm, seems to be a strange bug. can perfectly open all my jewelry and have all them windows on-screen.

the strange thing is, that from what ive been hearing im the only one on any raid with that problem (then again, im the only one in our raid using fetish - go figure). none of the ppl with profit + default-ui have that problem, so i figured its either UI-related, or uisettings- on my side.

its really kind of a strange bug. when inspecting some mold from the x2, there are molds where any inspect-windows i try to open from the mold wont show up
Unread 04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

That is odd.

All Mold/Pattern windows use the same XML template, so if you can inspect the first result item for ANY mold/pattern, it should work for ALL mold/patterns...

unless there's a link error on SOE's end, which would cause a problem for everyone else inspecting the same item slot on the same mold/pattern.

I have not noticed any problems along these lines.

The fact that right-clicking the icon again says "Close Inspect" indicates the client thinks the inspect window for that item is already open, suggesting it is off-screen.

Probably the easiest fix for you would be to login using the default UI. Bring up every Inspect window you can, and drag them all to the upper, left corner of the screen, then camp to desktop (don't /exit).
Unread 04-17-2009, 06:35 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Probably the easiest fix for you would be to login using the default UI. Bring up every Inspect window you can, and drag them all to the upper, left corner of the screen, then camp to desktop (don't /exit).
that fixed it for me, thank you very much!