EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 04-13-2007, 01:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Ranged autoattack progressbar

I'm trying to make a bar that shows how much time is left until the next ranged autoattack is ready (very handy for a ranger). I only started looking at this UI stuff last night, so I know I need to play with it more. That said, I'm hoping some people can point me in the right direction.

First Issue:
There appears to be no dynamicdata for weapon delay, so I'll need to make an equation for it using haste. However, /gamedata.stats.haste shows the haste mod, not the actual haste which differs from the haste mod by the diminishing returns curve. Is there a way to retrieve the actual haste or will I have to try and approximate it somehow?

Second Issue:
How do I implement an equation? Right now the only example of a progressbar I've found is the bar for your breath while underwater. It seems the amount of the bar filled is based on one property:

DynamicData /GameData.Self.Breath

For the sake of experimenting to implement an equation, I tried to change the value to: "2 * /GameData.Self.Breath" (quotes only added here for clarity). But when I hit enter it changes back to the default value, apparently because an equation can't be used here. So how would I do this? Can I make a variable and assign it determine the progress of the bar? Something like:

Variable Wepdelay
Wepdelay = 9.0 * 1 / (1 + /GameData.Stats.Haste)
Barprogress wepdelay

Third Issue:
Just realized that I may need some sort of timer function to count down the delay. Is there a way to do this?

Any input is appreciated. I'm hoping I can do this through the UI. Otherwise I might have to make my own parse program to do this, which I probably won't attempt, lol.
Unread 04-13-2007, 01:59 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

I don't think this is possible to make with a UI mod.

Do you use the ACT parser? There's a triggered timer (for timing raid AOEs and what not) in ACT and that just reads your log file so I think that would be your best bet.
Unread 04-13-2007, 04:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes I do use ACT, but that won't be able to monitor haste, which varies a lot due to temp abilties, self procs, and group buff procs.

Is this definately not possible? What part(s) of it makes it not possible? I think you're probably right, but I would like confirmation before I explore other ideas.
Unread 04-13-2007, 04:45 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

There's no DynamicData for the autoattack delay, and there's no timer function. So there's no way to do it.
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ah, now I know how you guys feel everytime you get a good idea, lol.
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:36 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Well, if you're using a 7 second longbow, your delay will be between 3.11s (125% haste) and 7s (0% haste) so it can at least tell you that.

Do any of your CAs or spells take longer than a second or two to cast? At the most, your next ranged autoattack will be postponed by maybe a second or so.

I was just thinking that you could trigger a sound in ACT for each arrow-- plink, plink, plink so you could get into a rhythm from the sound.

Last edited by Othesus : 04-13-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Unread 04-15-2007, 02:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, as much as 2.5sec for some attacks, plus some of them require you to go into stealth first. But what I actually wanted it for is for me to determine how many melee CAs I can get off before I need to turn my ranged autoattack back on.

The best bows have a 9sec delay. With different haste from group buffs, ring procs, temporary abilities I use every min, plus group procs like Berserk, that delay is continually changing. Dps would be improved quite a bit if you could squeeze in a few more CAs each time without missing autoattacks.

ACT wouldn't really help other than to be an approximate reminder, but I did try this today just to test it. It turns out ACT's spell timers window only works for spells, not autoattack, so that's no good.

I tried making a progress bar to indicate haste, so I can mentally approximate my bow delay, but this doesn't seem to work. I guess I'll just make a text display. If I ever want to spend the time, I could try and make a java program to do the /weaponstats command after each autoattack and extract the delay from that.
Unread 04-16-2007, 12:20 AM
A Coastal Crab

If you really get this thing to work, you would make many Rangers, incl me, very, very happy. So keep on trying.

I don't know much of these things (actually nothing ) but couldn't you use this "/weapon"-command in any way?

Just ignore, if this is complete nonsens
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:21 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

using ACT for this was mentioned earlier. unfortunately this has come up on the ACT boards as well where the dev made clear, that ACT _cannot_ assure it parses real-time because on a raid eq2 generates lots of log-lines per second so, you could get the sound at instance or maybe 1 or 2 secs later which is definitly out of question for the thing youd want it for.

they also discussed the problem, that your autoattack shows up as X piercing/slashing(whatever ammo you use) damage. but this could also be you doing melee as the logline _does not include the weapon inflicting the damage_
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The only thing you could do via the interface is to manually calculate and configure the delay in a custom window that uses this number to show a progress bar or a notification or something like that. Hardly useful though since it cannot take into account CA's that delay autoattacks.