EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Default A few things I'm currious about.

Are any of these possible with the way .xml works in eq2?

1. A Resize able window addon? Something that would allow us to scale UI elements in game that are not normally scalable? IE group windows, player window, pet window, cast bar etc.

I know you can move the windows around as is, and change the layout of them to be vertical, horrizontal, etc. But you can't really increase or decrease the scale.

2. Sticky Targets? As a healer it's kind of a pain when I am constantly loosing my player target because I click off the screen etc. Would it be possible for an addon to make your target stickied, so that you wouldn't unintentionally loose your target?

3. not really a Ui element question, but is it possible to make a macro that will pick and say a random phrase I have preset? I've seen other addons that can do this. But not sure if it's even possible with eq2.

Thanks!

Kier
Unread 11-17-2009, 02:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

1. Well, you can set pack properties to change how elements resize and move in relation to their parents. You'll find this stuff around page 59 of EQ2_UI_Customization.doc. It's a very old UI builders document, but it still has very important stuff.

You could also programatically change the size of children using OnSize events of object parents. (Easier to learn about PackLocation and PackSize)

2. Well, I suppose. You could make a UI script that calls /target_previous any time it sees the target change. Or implicitly call /target for the "stickied" player any time the target changes. Just need to handle a text change event for the target dynamic data.

3. I don't think the UI or UI mod scripting has access to a random number generator.

PS, this more belongs in one of the Developer Discussion forums, I think.
Unread 11-17-2009, 04:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiersten View Post
2. Sticky Targets? As a healer it's kind of a pain when I am constantly loosing my player target because I click off the screen etc. Would it be possible for an addon to make your target stickied, so that you wouldn't unintentionally loose your target?
I think you can disable mouse targeting somewhere in the game options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
3. I don't think the UI or UI mod scripting has access to a random number generator.
No, although I suppose you could create a pseudo-random number by using variable game data as seed.
Unread 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
{...}
No, although I suppose you could create a pseudo-random number by using variable game data as seed.
Well, I could think of a fair one if we had access to a modulus operator. I don't recall us being able to do something like 3%2=1 though.
Unread 11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
Well, I could think of a fair one if we had access to a modulus operator. I don't recall us being able to do something like 3%2=1 though.
mod is but one way to go about it. You don't need much randomness either, the OP just wants a non-linear index creation for a datasource. So as long as your formula provides a value which lies is within the number of entries in the datasource that's all you need. The new math functions int(), floor()/ceil() should help.
Unread 11-17-2009, 05:23 PM
A Griffon

Yeah, the first thing to come to mind was using int() on the player's location and then using the modulus of how many options there were. It was the first dynamic data I could think of that actually has a great amount of variety. Of course the player would have to move to get a new number.